I think we have improved player wise

Tussinman

Reaction score
It's hard to factor in improved players because injuries where awful last year

Frederick's health was weak but was trending up, LG Connor Williams had knee surgery for the 3rd straight year, Tyron was literally playing at an all pro level and then has his 40 million dollar QB crash full force into his ankles, Woods whose the only decent interior player gets banged up, D-law whose our high paid D player controverisally started the season slow because of using his shoulder surgery for negotiation.

If half those players have better health next year + we upgrade 4 starting positions via free agency/draft then that's not a bad roster at all.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont doubt Gregory has the ability but hes been out of the league and hasn't proven to be able to stay committed to remaining on the field.
You see the thing is, what has kept him off the field doesn't exist any more.

cern

Reaction score
I do not see maintaining the status quo as getting better. We've lost a top CB and edge rusher. Neither has been replaced. Warm bodies just won't do.

Oneiros

Reaction score
I do not see maintaining the status quo as getting better. We've lost a top CB and edge rusher. Neither has been replaced. Warm bodies just won't do.
This can quickly change if we bring in Griffen and Snacks/Mike Daniels.

Lawrence - Snacks/Daniels - McCoy - Griffen would be a huge improvement over what we had last year.

At this point I think it's all but certain that CB will be selected in either the 1st or 2nd.

It's odd though, I would have expected McCarthy to bring in more of his own guys besides just Dix so far.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Without question to me we've improved in these areas...
McCoy > Maliek
Dix > Heath
Jarwin > Witten

Some unknowns...
Gregory vs Quinn (I think their numbers will be similar)
Byron vs his replacement (though Byron is likely better)
Cobb vs his replacement

Gotta figure of those unknowns, probably 1 of the replacements will be better. I don't think we've done anything that makes us instant contenders player wise but I do think we've improved overall. Now go get me someone who failed PE at 1 Tech because they could never finish the mile despite having a 45 minute time limit.
MM > Garrett

Nolan > Marinelli

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
This organization has improved the day Jerry finally cut the puppet/apron strings on Garrett. Touche'