I think we make a trade for Chris Jones

rambo2

Reaction score
People that celebrate injuries are bottom of the barell.

Eagles, Giants, and Commander fans are more respectable than any fan that celebrates injuries.
I don't celebrate injuries. I also don't root against the Cowboys like you do with your thousands of anti Cowboy posts and ridiculous 8 win predictions.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't celebrate injuries. I also don't root against the Cowboys like you do with your thousands of anti Cowboy posts and ridiculous 8 win predictions.
You have a thread gloating about injuries that you ignore now because everyone is calling you out on it lololololololol

You told on yourself, kid.

You should’ve just kept your excitement to yourself.

rambo2

Reaction score
You have a thread gloating about injuries that you ignore now because everyone is calling you out on it lololololololol

You told on yourself, kid.

You should’ve just kept your excitement to yourself.
Lol, it wasn't gloating, it was reporting.

Proof

Reaction score
From your keyboard to God's monitor. I'd love it. He's got a market value of 32M per year. I just don't see it happening. Find a way to make it work under the cap and we have the best D in the league. If we don't have it already. I just think it's biting off more than they can chew.
you think? I can't see another team giving any DT what donald got. That's a thank you for your service, we've got no shot at competing the next few years so money is meaningless, type of deal if i've ever seen one.

Flamma

Reaction score
you think? I can't see another team giving any DT what donald got. That's a thank you for your service, we've got no shot at competing the next few years so money is meaningless, type of deal if i've ever seen one.
I don't know that he'll get that kind of money. But unless you've just won a SB there is no room for thank you money in the NFL. Both Cooper Cupp and Donald got it.

Proof

Reaction score
I don't know that he'll get that kind of money. But unless you've just won a SB there is no room for thank you money in the NFL. Both Cooper Cupp and Donald got it.
right. AD's is just so outsized for market rate that I don't think any team other than the rams is giving any DT other than AD that kind of money. I'd peg jones firmly between 22-24 aav (with zero experience or credentials to back up my opinion lol)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Broaddus mentioned earlier in the week he felt a big move was coming. There are several holdouts right now. Bosa would have a huge impact on this team but no way the 49ers trade him. We already have pollard so Taylor really isn’t need so this leaves one guy.

Chris jones. I think we make a trade and he will be here before the season starts
If Broaddus said it, ignore it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
he can't hold out the entire season. he has already acknowledged that he will return by week 8 (I believe) so that he accrues the year of service.
I don't think the chiefs well wait till week eight they will trade him if he's not there week one in my opinion I mean that's my point if he's willing to hold out to the maximum point they may just trade him but I mean what is he really worth at his age that's why there hasn't it to sign him to a big new deal he wants that legacy deal

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would add kicker to the need list too
here's the thing with the kicker though there aren't really any out there that are better so you roll with what you got if they're terrible then you switch to the next guy if he sucks you switch to the next guy kickers the type of guy you could put like some teams had last year did New England go through like 4 kickers I mean sometimes that's what you gotta do if you don't have the top three kickers in the league or maybe the top five you might be switching out kickers all season luckily last year you guys hate Brett Maher that dude was top three he literally was top three he was an elite kicker last year he lost it in one game and everyone brought out the pitchforks and the torches and now we don't have one.... So again I'm not gonna worry about kicker until this guy in a real game chokes

Flamma

Reaction score
right. AD's is just so outsized for market rate that I don't think any team other than the rams is giving any DT other than AD that kind of money. I'd peg jones firmly between 22-24 aav (with zero experience or credentials to back up my opinion lol)
Your guess is as good as any. But Jones wouldn't be getting thank you money. He's actually up for an extension. He's going to want what he thinks his market value is. I'm going to take a stab at what's going to happen solely based on what I normally see happen.

If Jones settles for under 30M it won't be with the Chiefs. He's going to want top market value from them. That's what these players do. They try to leverage the current team they are on. They'll play elsewhere for less. But not for their current team.

The end result is an unknown to me. Possible trade. He might play out his last year. He might get what he wants.

Proof

Reaction score
right, what i’m saying is that i don’t think any team is going to look at AD’s contract within the market. it’s an anomaly, an outlier, by a uniquely positioned team. so i just do t think jones is getting 30+ anywhere