I thought you guys said Zeke lost a step

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I don't think he quite has the burst he had in 2016 but I don't think that takes away from him still being a great back. He was a beast out there today! I'm all for the team continuing to feed the Zeke.

quickccc

Reaction score
Zeke has lost a step ... does not quite have that 2016 patented burst .. if it was 2016 again that 47 yard run would have easily been a TD instead of a stop inside red zone.

- But he is displaying just enuff functional speed to dig in those 10 -15 yd runs.

He's running " angry" and decisive .. and displaying his patented lower body power and leg drive - when he gets his shoulders squared up and str8 forwarded with momentum, he's nigh impossible for single tacklers to drag him down.

- He's always had a great knack and nose at the goal line and always been a true load full to handle with that leg churning power.
Plus he's more focused at hand as he hasn't had fumbling issues he had last year. And his blitz blocking is so crucially invaluable.

- But are some people thinking lost a step, meaning he cannot be productively big on a different level ?
Does this means he cannot produce 100+ yards rushing days.. if he does not have 2016 burst ? ? o_O

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like he’s lost a step to me. He just needs touches to get going.

The defender appeared to have a slight angle on Zeke during his long run but I think the 2016 Zeke would’ve taken that to the house. He does look quicker and shiftier this season but I’m not sure he has the same straightaway speed that he had when he came into the league.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
He didn’t look good last year. But he certainly is running with authority. Not quite as explosive but this is still the kind of player this team needs. He can’t be the workhorse again. But with Pollard he doesn’t need to.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Gotta give credit where credit's due. If he lost a step he must've found it, he looked pretty good out there today.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I thought he would have a nice rebound year to quiet the haters. However, I do think he's lost a little home run juice, but that doesn't mean he's still not a damn good running back. By far his best game in a while today which was awesome to see.

Love how the Cowboys are using Zeke and Pollard this year!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke has lost a step ... does not quite have that 2016 patented burst .. if it was 2016 again that 47 yard run would have easily been a TD instead of a stop inside red zone.

- But he is displaying just enuff functional speed to dig in those 10 -15 yd runs.

He's running " angry" and decisive .. and displaying his patented lower body power and leg drive - when he gets his shoulders squared up and str8 forwarded with momentum,
he's nigh impossible for single tacklers to drag him down.

- He's always had a great knack and nose at the goal line and always been a true load full to handle with that leg churning power.
Plus he's more focused at hand as he hasn't had fumbling issues he had last year. And his blitz blocking is so crucially invaluable.

- But are some people thinking lost a step, meaning he cannot be productively big on a different level ?
Does this means he cannot produce 100+ yards rushing days.. if he does not have 2016 burst ? ? o_O
Great post.

conner01

Reaction score

He's running " angry" and decisive .. and displaying his patented lower body power and leg drive - when he gets his shoulders squared up and str8 forwarded with momentum,
he's nigh impossible for single tacklers to drag him down.

He certainly is running as hard as ever and maybe with more power
He’s a real asset blocking too
He has demotivated himself to the game
He may have lost a step but he’s sure making up for it in other ways

quickccc

Reaction score
And Zeke has learned how to make an perfect Option Pitch out for game sealing Pollard run .....:thumbup:

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I still think young Zeke takes that 47 yarder to the house. He has his quickness, but that extra burst he used to have doesn't seem to be there. If you go back to his rookie season, he could take and turn the corner at will.
He still is faster than Emmitt Smith ever was, but most people want him to be a different RB than what he is.

khiladi

Reaction score
If anybody paid attention to the 2019 Rams game, they would have realized people have no clue what they are talking about. AD couldn’t sniff the backfield while Zeke ran over the Rams defensive front, which he wore out than allowing Pollard to take over. They both combined for over 200 yards. Our offense was struggling up until that point, we had lost three on a row, trying to make this a “Dak attack” offense.

I would reference the Commanders and Miami game as well regarding our most dominant wins, but those teams sucked. But you’ll find similar data to support what makes this team successful in those games as well, meaning the RG. We ran over 200 yards in both games.

This RG and OL has always been the engine of this offense and the reason for our dominant wins period. Defenses know what they have to stop, which they can’t. The problem is, with all our WR talent, if they go man they get a matchup they want.

The difference is, now Moore is sticking with the run game this year.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I still think young Zeke takes that 47 yarder to the house. He has his quickness, but that extra burst he used to have doesn't seem to be there. If you go back to his rookie season, he could take and turn the corner at will.
I agree. Tell me when he was caught like that in his rookie year. Hes playing great, but he scores if this was 2016.