I thought you guys said Zeke lost a step

khiladi

Reaction score
Zeke had the bat virus in 2020 and lost a month in the off season.

Like I said, anybody that saw the 2019 Rams game knows where the engine of this offense lies. Dallas was on 3 game losing streak and the offense was a laughing stock.

Moore went to feeding Zeke to the tune of over 100 yards in the half and Pollard followed it up with over 100 yards. AD couldn’t sniff the backfield, That was by far our most dominant performance in 2019 and the only other comparisons we have are Miami and the Commanders. and we ran over them at the tune of over 200 yards a game as well. And that was to start the season as well.

The Eagles game Dak threw it 44 times and we ran it 13 and lost.

We ignored the RG period as far as play-calling is concerned. Zeke gets going with more feeding.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I dont have a side here but he right about that play
How much open field does Zeke need to hit the afterburners?

I will give him credit. For the first time in years, he was able to side step the safety to turn a carry into a foot race to the end zone. In the past he would try to punish the safety.

DanA

Reaction score
Good lord. You have an excuse for everything. What perfect scenario does Zeke need to demonstrate his same speed?

*** are you talking about. If you want to compare his speed, he obviously needs a like for like scenario. I one year Usain Bolt runs a 9.75 100m sprint and then the next he runs a 9.89 into a head wind, with a hurdle half way down the straight. You can’t really say he’s lost a step.

DanA

Reaction score
How much open field does Zeke need to hit the afterburners?

I will give him credit. For the first time in years, he was able to side step the safety to turn a carry into a foot race to the end zone. In the past he would try to punish the safety.

Somewhere between 30-50 metres in a straight line without having to change direction. That’s not just Zeke though, that is pretty much all humans.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Dude follows up a 95 yard game with 143 yards today against the
Number 1 defense in the NFL.

Like I've said before, Zeke deserves a lot more respect on this board.

This offense is explosive. The defense has a knack for the ball and gets
to the QB on 3rd down. I can see Pollard and Zeke each gaining 1000 yards
this season.

DanA

Reaction score
Dude follows up a 95 yard game with 143 yards today against the
Number 1 defense in the NFL.

Like I've said before, Zeke deserves a lot more respect on this board.

This offense is explosive. The defense has a knack for the ball and gets
to the QB on 3rd down. I can see Pollard and Zeke each gaining 1000 yards
this season.

Does he deserve it? He wasn’t great the last couple of years. It does very much look like the penny has dropped and he will turn it around.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Does he deserve it? He wasn’t great the last couple of years. It does very much look like the penny has dropped and he will turn it around.

Yes. He deserves it. Whether he gets it, or not.

Praxit

Reaction score
...I definitely feel his off-season conditioning is paying off. Glad he took upon himself top Overhaul his engine.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
*** are you talking about. If you want to compare his speed, he obviously needs a like for like scenario. I one year Usain Bolt runs a 9.75 100m sprint and then the next he runs a 9.89 into a head wind, with a hurdle half way down the straight. You can’t really say he’s lost a step.
I can say he hasn’t demonstrated the same speed he had as a rookie and he demonstrated it a couple times. So we are now 4+ years without that same demonstration of speed and you guys are STILL arguing he hasn’t lost a step from that year. Maybe, just maybe, one of these years he will FINALLY prove you guys right. Time will tell. Stay tuned. He will have another game next week to prove you right.

And he is faster this year than he has been in years.

quickccc

Reaction score
Zeke had the bat virus in 2020 and lost a month in the off season.

Like I said, anybody that saw the 2019 Rams game knows where the engine of this offense lies. Dallas was on 3 game losing streak and the offense was a laughing stock.

Moore went to feeding Zeke to the tune of over 100 yards in the half and Pollard followed it up with over 100 yards. AD couldn’t sniff the backfield, That was by far our most dominant performance in 2019 and the only other comparisons we have are Miami and the Football Team. and we ran over them at the tune of over 200 yards a game as well. And that was to start the season as well.

The Eagles game Dak threw it 44 times and we ran it 13 and lost.

We ignored the RG period as far as play-calling is concerned. Zeke gets going with more feeding.

Unfortunately had already lost his burst before he got the covid 19 ..until today , he hadn't had a run over 40 yards since vs Seattle in 2018...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I can say he hasn’t demonstrated the same speed he had as a rookie and he demonstrated it a couple times. So we are now 4+ years without that same demonstration of speed and you guys are STILL arguing he hasn’t lost a step from that year. Maybe, just maybe, one of these years he will FINALLY prove you guys right. Time will tell. Stay tuned. He will have another game next week to prove you right.

And he is faster this year than he has been in years.

That's the way he looks to me too. Faster than last year. Maybe 2019 too. But not as fast as 2016.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like he’s lost a step to me. He just needs touches to get going.

Elliott did not have a great season last year (and I say this as a fan of him as a player). He had the fumbling issues early and then with the mess the line was in and Prescott being out, it was tough sledding. I applaud him for not blaming last year on those things he could control, but instead working hard to improve himself.

Those who try to pit him against Pollard are looking at it all wrong. It doesn't matter that Pollard is faster and more elusive. It doesn't matter if Elliott is more powerful. It's a great thing for us to have both of them. Don't know why some can't just enjoy it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Elliott did not have a great season last year (and I say this as a fan of him as a player). He had the fumbling issues early and then with the mess the line was in and Prescott being out, it was tough sledding. I applaud him for not blaming last year on those things he could control, but instead working hard to improve himself.

Those who try to pit him against Pollard are looking at it all wrong. It doesn't matter that Pollard is faster and more elusive. It doesn't matter if Elliott is more powerful. It's a great thing for us to have both of them. Don't know why some can't just enjoy it.

Dak turned the ball over 7 times last year.

Smith and Collins were out and Martin eventually sat as well after Dak got hurt. We had like 10 different rotations at OL after Andy started, following by Gilbert and DeNucci. He missed 1 game, otherwise he most likely would have broken 1000 yards in these conditions.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
If anybody paid attention to the 2019 Rams game, they would have realized people have no clue what they are talking about. AD couldn’t sniff the backfield while Zeke ran over the Rams defensive front, which he wore out than allowing Pollard to take over. They both combined for over 200 yards. Our offense was struggling up until that point, we had lost three on a row, trying to make this a “Dak attack” offense.

I would reference the Football Team and Miami game as well regarding our most dominant wins, but those teams sucked. But you’ll find similar data to support what makes this team successful in those games as well, meaning the RG. We ran over 200 yards in both games.

This RG and OL has always been the engine of this offense and the reason for our dominant wins period. Defenses know what they have to stop, which they can’t. The problem is, with all our WR talent, if they go man they get a matchup they want.

The difference is, now Moore is sticking with the run game this year.
The Cowboys have become a difficult team to stop on offense because we can run and we can pass. It was clear that Moore has been calling what the other team can't stop. It's very promising that we broke down a pretty good defense like Carolina.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dak turned the ball over 7 times last year.

Smith and Collins were out and Martin eventually sat as well after Dak got hurt. We had like 10 different rotations at OL after Andy started, following by Gilbert and DeNucci. He missed 1 game, otherwise he most likely would have broken 1000 yards in these conditions.

Not sure if you understand that I'm on Elliott's side here. It wasn't his best year ... but there were reasons for it.

khiladi

Reaction score
The Cowboys have become a difficult team to stop on offense because we can run and we can pass. It was clear that Moore has been calling what the other team can't stop. It's very promising that we broke down a pretty good defense like Carolina.

Yep.. they can call run or pass in multiple scenarios and get what they want..