I thought you guys said Zeke lost a step

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I love how the Zeke haters are scrambling to try and keep their negative venomous mouths spewing garbage now that he has had some dominating performances.

The idea that an internet troll wants to spend precious time trying to convert "stubborn" fans to this sad logic with a stat that ignores any context and claims that Zeke "lost a step" because of an estimated speed 0.8 miles per hour less than a different carry several years ago on a different field, in a different game situation is just pathetic. The man is playing like the best back in the league on a 3-1 team and you want to pretend an estimated 0.8mph top speed means anything at all somehow validates your hate and makes all the bashing and false narratives created all last year and this somehow relevant.

nah.
You need a pacifier there, cry baby?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
100%

These super fans are always prisoners of the moment.

Zeke reeled off a 47-yarder yesterday, which by the way, he didn’t take to the house because he got ran down. Yet, we have folks crowing about “i tHot he lost uh st3p?!?!?”

That’s his first 40+ run since 2018, and just his 5th in 1,477 career carries. Meanwhile, D. Henry’s already has 12 in just 1,262 carries.

Zeke’s gotten himself into good condition this season which is something objective fans could see was an issue previous seasons. I’ll remind you it was these same happy fans that denied Zeke was out of shape.

He’s running hard and remains productive between the tackles. He looks good and will a big part of how this season turns out.
These blind, pathetic homers are impossible to have a rational conversation with.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Many in the NFL world said Zeke has lost a step and stats proved that to be true. This season he is sharing the workload and the offensive game plan is more focused on establishing the run with higher percentage passes to keep defenses honest so not sure why people throw the term haters around as usual.

Zeke has rushed 64 times for 342 yards which is a 5.3 ypc average. His longest run so far is 47 yards so minus that he has rushed 63 times for 295 yards which is a 4.68 ypc average, which is around what he averaged in 2018 and his best average since 2018.
So, yes Zeke is running better than he has since 2018 and I think that speaks for itself while taking into consideration that the offensive game plan has helped along with the fact that Pollard, when given carries, has rushed to the tune of 37 carries for 250 yards which is a 6.8 ypc average....something that as a Dallas offensive approach has helped Zeke as well as the entire offense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My Gosh some people here make me laugh. He was asked to be at a certain weight for Garretts offense when he was running 300 plus times a season. When big Mike came in and changed the offense Zeke needed to become what he is now. Zeke didnt decide hey i am gonna let myself go at 24 years old. He was told to. The fact you and many others dont see that or just dont want to admit it is astounding. We agree on a lot here Roy. But not this

LOL.........that is hilarious. You apologists will think of EVERYTHING. So Garrett wanted him fat and out of shape so he was?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
M
BUt BUT BUT if that would have been Pollard he wouldve scored Rocy...right?? ...It's crazy why anyone wants this offense to change what they are doing....you stack the line Dak gonna blow up..you play back Zeke gonna pound you into ground then you get to chase Pollard while your tired....DONT CHANGE A THING KM!!!! (well maybe dont throw a pass out the endzone) but other than that dont change a thing!
Man some of the comments after the Buccs game about Zeke was just ridiculous. Now people won’t even give him credit they are saying Pollard being on the team made him better lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Many in the NFL world said Zeke has lost a step and stats proved that to be true. This season he is sharing the workload and the offensive game plan is more focused on establishing the run with higher percentage passes to keep defenses honest so not sure why people throw the term haters around as usual.

Zeke has rushed 64 times for 342 yards which is a 5.3 ypc average. His longest run so far is 47 yards so minus that he has rushed 63 times for 295 yards which is a 4.68 ypc average, which is around what he averaged in 2018 and his best average since 2018.
So, yes Zeke is running better than he has since 2018 and I think that speaks for itself while taking into consideration that the offensive game plan has helped along with the fact that Pollard, when given carries, has rushed to the tune of 37 carries for 250 yards which is a 6.8 ypc average....something that as a Dallas offensive approach has helped Zeke as well as the entire offense.
To quote the great Randy Galloway….”watch the damn games…”

phildadon86

Reaction score
LOL.........that is hilarious. You apologists will think of EVERYTHING. So Garrett wanted him fat and out of shape so he was?
No. Garrett wanted someone that could withstand the punishment of 300 carries a season. Not hard to figure out. They had Tyrone Crawford gaining and dropping weight constantly.

Proof

Reaction score
Zeke has lost a step ... does not quite have that 2016 patented burst .. if it was 2016 again that 47 yard run would have easily been a TD instead of a stop inside red zone.

- But he is displaying just enuff functional speed to dig in those 10 -15 yd runs.

He's running " angry" and decisive .. and displaying his patented lower body power and leg drive - when he gets his shoulders squared up and str8 forwarded with momentum, he's nigh impossible for single tacklers to drag him down.

- He's always had a great knack and nose at the goal line and always been a true load full to handle with that leg churning power.
Plus he's more focused at hand as he hasn't had fumbling issues he had last year. And his blitz blocking is so crucially invaluable.

- But are some people thinking lost a step, meaning he cannot be productively big on a different level ?
Does this means he cannot produce 100+ yards rushing days.. if he does not have 2016 burst ? ? o_O

saw this video on twitter yesterday. pretty cool seeing the training play out on the field.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke finally comes into the season in shape after years of looking slow and fat and all of a sudden you want to say I told you so.

The only people who should be saying I told you so are the people who say he was fat and out of shape.

quickccc

Reaction score
saw this video on twitter yesterday. pretty cool seeing the training play out on the field.

yeh ..and too bad its' not in pads, not in a real football game and not on the playing field,..

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Zeke definitely was declining the last two seasons.
That being said , I am happy to see zeke back to his old form and that he seems to have his head in the game this season.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I've never seen a bigger collection of gutless men gathered in one spot. None of ya'll are gonna fess up to being wrong on Zeke? What about Dak? What about the handful of morons who called themselves smarter than the coaching staff when Steele lined up at tackle over Martin? Gregory? Coop? Rock hiders everyone of ya.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I said yesterday that he deserves credit for how well he is running so far this season, looks like his 2016 self.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
#Truth

I've never seen a bigger collection of gutless men gathered in one spot. None of ya'll are gonna fess up to being wrong on Zeke? What about Dak? What about the handful of morons who called themselves smarter than the coaching staff when Steele lined up at tackle over Martin? Gregory? Coop? Rock hiders everyone of ya.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Imagine how much more historic this beatdown would have been if Zeke hadn't lost a step amirite????