I thought you guys said Zeke lost a step

superonyx

Reaction score
Show me objective data he hasn’t lost a step. I won’t hold my breath because I know you can’t.

The argument up to today is he hasn’t had a run long enough to get up to speed. Well, that excuse is now gone.
Nice try. You failed to prove a thing and your response is to ask me to prove the same thing you could not in reverse.
I am not daft enough to post a bias stat without proper context on a public forum and actually think no one would call me on my bullcrap.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Cowboys have become a difficult team to stop on offense because we can run and we can pass. It was clear that Moore has been calling what the other team can't stop. It's very promising that we broke down a pretty good defense like Carolina.

I really thought Carolina would eventually commit to stopping the run.

khiladi

Reaction score
Not sure if you understand that I'm on Elliott's side here. It wasn't his best year ... but there were reasons for it.

My bad..

Just as an observation, Zeke has had a tendency to fumble early in the season since he came into this league. He actually rectifies it about after the third game or so. If you look at the full play by play against the Giants the first game last year, you’ll see the reason why things settled was that Moore went heavy dosage of Zeke with some Pollard.

People think that it was because Zeke was lazy, but in reality a lot of it simply was our refusal to run the ball. If we wanted too, we could have effectively. The 2019 Rams game after the three game losing streak is a clear example of this.

Moore is not doing that this year. He’s committed to the downhill power running.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Say what you want about zeke. I don’t think most people realize the guy is already around the 70 on the all time rushing list. 5000 more yards and he’s prob a hall of famer. He doesn’t turn 27 until next July.

Not saying he’ll get there….. it’s tough as a rb. But anytime you make a pick that could go to the hall…. Idc what position they play it’s a good pick.

his vision will be something that keeps him in the league even when his skill set falls off a cliff

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Elliott did not have a great season last year (and I say this as a fan of him as a player). He had the fumbling issues early and then with the mess the line was in and Prescott being out, it was tough sledding. I applaud him for not blaming last year on those things he could control, but instead working hard to improve himself.

Those who try to pit him against Pollard are looking at it all wrong. It doesn't matter that Pollard is faster and more elusive. It doesn't matter if Elliott is more powerful. It's a great thing for us to have both of them. Don't know why some can't just enjoy it.

Great to have Zeke. Not great to have his contract. Much like Lawrence.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Nice try. You failed to prove a thing and your response is to ask me to prove the same thing you could not in reverse.
I am not daft enough to post a bias stat without proper context on a public forum and actually think no one would call me on my bullcrap.
This same debate has gone on since 2017 when people rightfully noticed Zeke had put on weight and had slowed down from his rookie year. His defenders have consistently refused to acknowledge he hasn’t been as fast as his rookie year, even to this day despite not having a shred of evidence except blind faith that he hasn’t lost a step, despite objective data showing he hasn’t been as fast.

I will tell you what, you tell me when you have seen Zeke move at the speed he did in 2016 and if he shows that on the field, then I will eat crow. It will be real easy to spot because the NFL tracks player speed and you can go look at the fastest ball carrier stats and let me know when it occurs.

The encouraging thing is there are only a few stubborn fans left. Most have finally come around to accepting Zeke doesn’t possess that same rookie speed.

Last edited:

lqmac1

Reaction score
It’s almost like he doesn’t start slow every year.

The haters are pissed because their QB probably lost his starting job in Chicago so Zeke was next on the list.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I really thought Carolina would eventually commit to stopping the run.
I thought the same as well. I still think a team that can get a lead and commit to the run will be difficult for our defense to stop. However, our offense is good enough to not let the game get too out of hand. Balance is good!

sjmike

Reaction score
Of course he has lost a step. He's taken a beaten in the NFL since 2016. But he got himself in better shape and is playing lights out for us right now. I am very glad that he is our running back. This running game one of the big reasons that we are 3-1

superonyx

Reaction score
This same debate has gone on since 2017 when people rightfully noticed Zeke had put on weight and had slowed down from his rookie year. His defenders have consistently refused to acknowledge he hasn’t been as fast as his rookie year, even to this day despite not having a shred of evidence except blind faith that he hasn’t lost a step, despite objective data showing he hasn’t been as fast.

I will tell you what, you tell me when you have seen Zeke move at the speed he did in 2016 and if he shows that on the field, then I will eat crow. It will be real easy to spot because the NFL tracks player speed and you can go look at the fastest ball carrier stats and let me know when it occurs.

The encouraging thing is there are only a few stubborn fans left. Most have finally come around to accepting Zeke doesn’t possess that same rookie speed.
I love how the Zeke haters are scrambling to try and keep their negative venomous mouths spewing garbage now that he has had some dominating performances.

The idea that an internet troll wants to spend precious time trying to convert "stubborn" fans to this sad logic with a stat that ignores any context and claims that Zeke "lost a step" because of an estimated speed 0.8 miles per hour less than a different carry several years ago on a different field, in a different game situation is just pathetic. The man is playing like the best back in the league on a 3-1 team and you want to pretend an estimated 0.8mph top speed means anything at all somehow validates your hate and makes all the bashing and false narratives created all last year and this somehow relevant.

nah.

Rayman70

Reaction score
he has lost a step but its more like a half step. He's still a beast. Runs down hill and has quicks in the hole. Makes decisive cuts with his feet. His footwork may be underrated.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's the way he looks to me too. Faster than last year. Maybe 2019 too. But not as fast as 2016.

100%

These super fans are always prisoners of the moment.

Zeke reeled off a 47-yarder yesterday, which by the way, he didn’t take to the house because he got ran down. Yet, we have folks crowing about “i tHot he lost uh st3p?!?!?”

That’s his first 40+ run since 2018, and just his 5th in 1,477 career carries. Meanwhile, D. Henry’s already has 12 in just 1,262 carries.

Zeke’s gotten himself into good condition this season which is something objective fans could see was an issue previous seasons. I’ll remind you it was these same happy fans that denied Zeke was out of shape.

He’s running hard and remains productive between the tackles. He looks good and will a big part of how this season turns out.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Zeke looked like the best Offensive player on the field yesterday. Pollard of course, looked great too and the OL just dominated in the running game. That sure didn't look like the #1 rush defense in the league...

phildadon86

Reaction score
Sadly Zeke is proving his doubters right. There are clearly two huge differences between last year and this year. Or even the last several years.

1. Zeke is in shape
2. The Oline is balling again.

Sadly, Zeke not being committed to his job affected his play.
My Gosh some people here make me laugh. He was asked to be at a certain weight for Garretts offense when he was running 300 plus times a season. When big Mike came in and changed the offense Zeke needed to become what he is now. Zeke didnt decide hey i am gonna let myself go at 24 years old. He was told to. The fact you and many others dont see that or just dont want to admit it is astounding. We agree on a lot here Roy. But not this