I Thought Zimmer was suppose to Make Our Defense Better?

LovinItAll

Reaction score
How many points a game our we giving up now? Zimmer is not the solution. I never wanted him back in the first place.

Please refer some names to replace him.

I’d agree if he had the right personnel on the field and was looking as sad as we did tonight, against Detroit, etc. Micah is probably the best player on the entire roster. Out. D-law is a huge piece of the defensive puzzle. Out. Bland, a big piece of the defense. Out. Kneeland. Out.

We just don’t have the personnel. It matters.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Odd...that a man with success and longevity in the league based on his defenses...can have a defense look this unqualified.

There is something else going here.

Injuries and personnel are not excuses that I feel qualify here.

I think a tank is the main objective at hand.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I never thought for one second our defense would be better under Zimmer. All anyone needs to do is research my posts. Once again we were road graded for over 220 yards rushing. The 49ers third RB was gashing us. We gave up just under 500 total yards. The defense is worse than it was under Mike Nolan.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Zimmer's defense is everything I tried to warn about, and why I would not let anyone get away with claiming he was a good coach, and that this was a good hire.

I'm not psychic, it just looks that way to people with poor pattern recognition skills.

kskboys

Reaction score
Odd...that a man with success and longevity in the league based on his defenses...can have a defense look this unqualified.

Huh? You've been drinking all day!!!!!

We have one starting quality LB and zero starting quality DT's. But, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, can't be personnel!!!!!!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

His defense was this bad 20 years ago.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
New staff please. It wouldn't have even mattered if our injured kids played. But it's always Jerry and we have nada with them running the show.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
His defense was this bad 20 years ago.
Thats fine. Im not a historian or have the facts.

I just dont agree with you.

I remember it being good shortly before he left here and then good for a period in Minny.

To say he has fielded trash defenses for 20 years consecutively is non-sense unless you are some Defensive guru that judges defenses on small, incremental nuances that lead to progressiveness. Basically...looking at the game differently than 99% of the normal person.

The tv will lie to you, but I have heard too many people praise Zimmer defenses on tv and seen his defense been successful here the his first tenure with my own eyes.

Maybe you are judging him on creativeness or judging him on decision making....and taking all on field talent out of the equation that helps his reputation...but I find it hard to believe Zimmer has been cheeks for 20+ years.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I never thought for one second our defense would be better under Zimmer. All anyone needs to do is research my posts. Once again we were road graded for over 220 yards rushing. The 49ers third RB was gashing us. We gave up just under 500 total yards. The defense is worse than it was under Mike Nolan.
Same. It was just another typical Jerry hire with no thought behind it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Zimmer's defense is everything I tried to warn about, and why I would not let anyone get away with claiming he was a good coach, and that this was a good hire.

I'm not psychic, it just looks that way to people with poor pattern recognition skills.
Vikes defenses were very good under Zim.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Turpin dropped an absolute dime late in the game that would have been huge and kept us in it late for the chance to win. Can't win games with the players we have. They are dime store knock offs. Dak is trying to force things he normally wouldn't because of what he has to work with...not to mention the oline is vomit. Trade deadline is this week if I am right, time to make deals. Time to be sellers. We aren't going anywhere this year. We have zero running game and its all been put on Dak. Dalvin looks DONE...DOA. Zeke is on life support, but can still be a very effective pass blocker at least. Zack Martin looks completely done. Just looks old out there, lost his power and is slow. THEN when I see the defense, our linebackers are STILL terrible. Every now and again, Overshown flashed, but many times he was out of position. How much of this is Mike Zimmer? We MIGHT win 6 total games this year, no more. Its time for the firesale.

JayFord

Reaction score
One could argue injuries

One could argue even healthy they'd still be horrible