I Thought Zimmer was suppose to Make Our Defense Better?

Swagger

Reaction score
Turpin dropped an absolute dime late in the game that would have been huge and kept us in it late for the chance to win. Can't win games with the players we have. They are dime store knock offs. Dak is trying to force things he normally wouldn't because of what he has to work with...not to mention the oline is vomit. Trade deadline is this week if I am right, time to make deals. Time to be sellers. We aren't going anywhere this year. We have zero running game and its all been put on Dak. Dalvin looks DONE...DOA. Zeke is on life support, but can still be a very effective pass blocker at least. Zack Martin looks completely done. Just looks old out there, lost his power and is slow. THEN when I see the defense, our linebackers are STILL terrible. Every now and again, Overshown flashed, but many times he was out of position. How much of this is Mike Zimmer? We MIGHT win 6 total games this year, no more. Its time for the firesale.
Turpin wouldn't have got both feet in bounds even if he caught it. The defender was well placed to simply help him out of bounds.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
How many points a game our we giving up now? Zimmer is not the solution. I never wanted him back in the first place.

Please refer some names to replace him.
I didnt want him back either.

The game passed him by many years ago. I expected that he wont be able to stop oposing passing games. But that he is not able to do anything against the run? Man Zimmer is bad.

But what will you do if you are JJ ? Beggars cant be chosers. Nobody with sport ambitions will coach for us. We are only able to get "has beens" who want to get a last deal before retirement.

chicago JK

Reaction score
People didn’t see this clearly in the off-season.

Zimmer is old. Maybe he still has it, maybe he does not. It happens to everyone at some point.

The biggest issue though is they hav him trying to play his defense with Quinn players…minus depth pieces that left in fa. They made no moves outside of Kendricks to get guys who fit his scheme. This was bound to happen. Maybe not this bad but it was never going to be as good as last year. Regardless if zimm has it or not.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With what players?

Dallas has backups starting on the entire DL and CB.

RonWashington

Reaction score
How many points a game our we giving up now? Zimmer is not the solution. I never wanted him back in the first place.

Please refer some names to replace him.

Well every time I see SF I’m impressed with the LB play the level of violence and finality they bring to a game . Johnny Holland ex player coaches them well as well as had an NFL career .

Current DC’s aren’t coming here to be a DC unless you go college ranks and I don’t advise that , stay NFL see what position coaches are standouts .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Quinn took Whitt Jr with him to be his DC so yes you can go position coach and elevate them to DC and have success , Holland

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Odd...that a man with success and longevity in the league based on his defenses...can have a defense look this unqualified.

There is something else going here.

Injuries and personnel are not excuses that I feel qualify here.

I think a tank is the main objective at hand.
It’s not that odd. He’s pushing 70 and was out of the league for 3 years.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
How can he? Look at the front 7. A bunch of clowns. Plus the “All Pro” CB got his money and decided to not tackle. Add in the injuries and the crap offense and Zimmer has no chance.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zimmer is just the guy Jerry felt comfortable with and knew. Its a "one of our guys" hire. Lets not pretend Dan Quinn was fired in order to make way for Mike Zimmer.

The Natural

Reaction score
The defense played well enough to win against SF. The QB and the offense are a major problem.
They only looked good while SF was in their own way. Once they got warmed up they were going through our D like a hot knife through butter. I’d can Zimmer and hand the keys over to the assistant HC Al Harris and let him audition for the role.

John813

Reaction score
I didn't think Zimmer was the answer.

But:

1. The offense can't get a lead to let the Dan Quinn leftovers rush the passer. Outside of week 1, they've been in close games or on the wrong side of blowouts.
2. Front office let the edge depth walk and both starters got injured + Sam Williams
3. Diggs came back, somewhat, and then Bland got injured.
4. They replaced LVE with an older past his prime Kendricks.
5. They thought a DT lineup of Davis, Smith, a 7th round 1 tech and Osa was good enough till August. Signed 80 year old Joseph and traded for Phillips. \

All for Zimmer being an one and done, but it's not like he has a loaded roster and fumbled the bag.