I Thought Zimmer was suppose to Make Our Defense Better?

J_Allen

Reaction score
Zimmer's defense is everything I tried to warn about, and why I would not let anyone get away with claiming he was a good coach, and that this was a good hire.

I'm not psychic, it just looks that way to people with poor pattern recognition skills.
I thought we weren't supposed to recognize patterns?

mfiggs18

Reaction score
Swap coordinators all you want as long as the D-line sucks it won't matter. The defense looked like garbage last year under Quinn whenever we played a half decent offense as well, we just don't have as many cupcake games this year to pad our stats like last year. With that said I didn't like the hire either.

jwitten82

Reaction score
But, but @Rockport told me the older the DC the better because of experience. We should get a ouija board and conjure up some DCs from the past to call plays

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
GROZ

He needs to be gone. The sooner the better. Should have promoted Harris.
Promoting Harris and running a variation of Q's defense was the right move. Bringing in Zimmer on a 1 year deal to run an entirely different scheme that doesn't fit the strengths of our personnel is lunacy.

sbark

Reaction score
Cant get pressure, let alone sacks
All 4 top DE out
Once you have to blitz
Forced man to man coverage
Kittles just abused Wilson
Zimm not a blitz guy, not his forte'
Forced into it.
But DT still a hole, young Lb still young
Next game, its the Nfl

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Quinn was clearly the guy holding things together here. The defense folding last season had less to do with him and more to do with the players. There isn’t one player on defense that has stood out this season. They’ve all played bad.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
How many points a game our we giving up now? Zimmer is not the solution. I never wanted him back in the first place.

Please refer some names to replace him.
He has been ok with the lost defensive pieces we have. We lost 4 defensive ends and our best cornerback to injuries. The problem is Jerry refused to spend any money to improve our defensive line. Zimmer will be gone like the rest of the lame ducks at the end of the year.

I hope we trade Parsons and get fleeced so Jerry lovers can see what the real problem is.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The defense played well enough to win against SF. The QB and the offense are a major problem.
What?????? Almost 500 yards of offense. 33+ minutes of possession. 223 yards rushing. 8/16 on third downs. Most of this in the middle of the game. The defense absolutely sucked last night.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
No worries I am sure the nursing home has plenty more candidates with nothing else to do.

Cmac

Reaction score
What's Zimmer to do? "Junior", on Saturday morning, would get 50 yards on this team.

pee-wee-football-310747.jpg

patrick0215

Reaction score
Turpin dropped an absolute dime late in the game that would have been huge and kept us in it late for the chance to win. Can't win games with the players we have. They are dime store knock offs. Dak is trying to force things he normally wouldn't because of what he has to work with...not to mention the oline is vomit. Trade deadline is this week if I am right, time to make deals. Time to be sellers. We aren't going anywhere this year. We have zero running game and its all been put on Dak. Dalvin looks DONE...DOA. Zeke is on life support, but can still be a very effective pass blocker at least. Zack Martin looks completely done. Just looks old out there, lost his power and is slow. THEN when I see the defense, our linebackers are STILL terrible. Every now and again, Overshown flashed, but many times he was out of position. How much of this is Mike Zimmer? We MIGHT win 6 total games this year, no more. Its time for the firesale.
A lot of it should be on Dak...he wanted to be the highest paid player in league history...

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Zimmer is what he's always been, good and bad. The larger problem is the personnel. Micah has long been covering up a lot of holes with his ability to create an inordinate amount of pressure. When he's not in the game and/or when teams figure out a way to neutralize his ability to create pressure, QBs have months in the pocket.

Not to mention you are also missing the next 3 EDGEs on the depth chart due to injury. The DL right now is well below average. Osa is probably the only guy who can start on some NFL rosters. Golston is a decent rotation player. The rest are below average to poor.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Obviously 10-6 half Shanahan adjusted went after the coverage on Kittle and that 3rd quarter was a clinic . How Zimmer and MM keep trotting out Wilson and Hooker as safeties is an indictment of accountability.

I’m of the belief Juanyeh Thomas and Bell both need to start , NOW.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How many points a game our we giving up now? Zimmer is not the solution. I never wanted him back in the first place.

Please refer some names to replace him.
Naw, it was post hire hype. Hardly anyone wanted him. Then when he was hired, some people jacked themselves up in how he was an upgrade. Same thing happened to McCarthy. The same thing will happen to Bellicheck

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I’d agree if he had the right personnel on the field and was looking as sad as we did tonight, against Detroit, etc. Micah is probably the best player on the entire roster. Out. D-law is a huge piece of the defensive puzzle. Out. Bland, a big piece of the defense. Out. Kneeland. Out.

We just don’t have the personnel. It matters.
Even when we did have the personnel, we were getting smoked. Ravens couldn't be stopped. Saints couldn't be stopped. Only guy missing there was bland.

The main problem is the same one we refused to address in the off-season. The dts get pushed back on every single play. That just makes it impossible to play defense. Add to that the defense is full of guys who just give up when faced with any type of adversity.