I want Austin on KR

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I love having Jones back there, but I Austin instead of Stanback. Stanny just isn't quite ready. Besides, Austin has shown he can take it to the house. So, when they try to avoid kicking it to Felix, then Miles can be just as much a threat to take it all the way. Don't get me wrong, I eventually want Stanback to be back on the KR team, but for right now, I want the two best options we can have and that is Jones and Austin.

I like having PacMan on PR....and he will only get better as the year goes on.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Biggems;2269013 said:
I love having Jones back there, but I Austin instead of Stanback. Stanny just isn't quite ready. Besides, Austin has shown he can take it to the house. So, when they try to avoid kicking it to Felix, then Miles can be just as much a threat to take it all the way. Don't get me wrong, I eventually want Stanback to be back on the KR team, but for right now, I want the two best options we can have and that is Jones and Austin.

Stanback is in my doghouse right now after the Eagles game, but he is a better return man than Austin and I don't even think it's debatable.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Biggems;2269013 said:

1st game back for Austin I think I would want him focused on WR than doing both but I do agree that Austin should be back there with Felix at some point in the season

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree and disagree. Stanback seems to have more wiggle than Austin, although he has a lot to learn as a return man. Austin seems to be more of a straight line runner, but he is experienced at KR. Stanback has so much speed and potential (remember the juke in the Houston preseason game?) that we would be remiss not to give him a shot right now. If he doesn't pan out, Austin is an excellent complement for Jones.

FCBarca

Reaction score
If nothing else, I'd at least like to see Miles give Punt Returning a shot since Pacman hasn't done anything yet

alby

Reaction score
adam jones - pr
felix jones - kr

end of discussion

second kr? the best blocker for felix.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
alby;2269030 said:
adam jones - pr
felix jones - kr

end of discussion

second kr? the best blocker for felix.

I like the way they have it now with both Felix and Stanback on KR.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
DBoys;2269023 said:
Felix won the job so this is mute in my opinion.

you do realize that there are two guys back there and Jones cant always return it.....look what happened when the eagles kicked away from jones. stanback fumbled it and we ended up at the 5.

i think stanback will make an excellent KR soon, but right now I want the two best options, in case the opposing team does decide to kick away from Felix....give the other spot to Austin. Besides, Austin is a better blocker than Stanback.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I could not believe how fast Stanbeck caught up to Felix on that KR for a touchdown the other night. He was closing ground on the philly defender who was after Felix quicker than anyone ive ever seen.

It was like...... :eek:

Reaction score
Austin is a fumble waiting to happen....

When he returned kickoffs in 06 , I think he fumbled like 4 times and lost 2 of them.

He is just like Crayton in that he holds the ball like a loaf of bread after he has it. No thanks...

Keep experience and talent back there... Felix...

If you want Austin to block.. fine.. Dont have him touch it.

Reaction score
Dallas;2269040 said:
I could not believe how fast Stanbeck caught up to Felix on that KR for a touchdown the other night. He was closing ground on the philly defender who was after Felix quicker than anyone ive ever seen.

It was like...... :eek:

Felix is more quick than fast..

Stanback has sprinters speed. Felix does not.

Stanback probably is a legit high 4.3 guy. I know he timed slower at Pro day but he was still coming off of injury and wasnt fully heatlhy or conditioned. Felix is too thick in the legs to be a 4.3 guy, more mid 4.4's.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Biggems;2269013 said:

I don't want Austin back there for another month or so. His knee isn't ready for kick return duty yet.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FCBarca;2269028 said:
If nothing else, I'd at least like to see Miles give Punt Returning a shot since Pacman hasn't done anything yet

PR & KR is a big difference. Some can not do both. Tuna explained this one time. But can not quite remember all what he said. Anyone else remember?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I agree as long as we are saying Austin and Jones, once Austin's knee is good. I don't mind Stanback, but given his shoulder in a harness, I'd rather he not be back there at all. If Austin needs a break use Scandrick or Jenkins. For that matter, use Pacman.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2269048 said:
Felix is more quick than fast..

Stanback has sprinters speed. Felix does not.

Stanback probably is a legit high 4.3 guy. I know he timed slower at Pro day but he was still coming off of injury and wasnt fully heatlhy or conditioned. Felix is too thick in the legs to be a 4.3 guy, more mid 4.4's.

I agree. What makes Felix great at returning the ball he see the holes open and knows exactly when to accelerate. As for speed Jones has enough speed that once he broke into the open I knew he was gone.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rack;2269051 said:
I don't want Austin back there for another month or so. His knee isn't ready for kick return duty yet.

now see finally an argument that makes sense. Well by then, Stanback might very well be entrenched and Austin will no longer be on KR, except as one of the wedgers

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Biggems;2269073 said:
now see finally an argument that makes sense. Well by then, Stanback might very well be entrenched and Austin will no longer be on KR, except as one of the wedgers

Well I still would rather have Austin back there then Stanback.

Starting to feel like Stanback is never gonna amount to anything (as a professional football player). I hope I'm wrong though.

Either way, I'd rather have Austin back there cuz he's simply better at it than Stanback, plus I think he'd be a better blocker for FeJo (I hope that pisses a few of you off :D ).

But, again, not till his knee is fully healed.

Reaction score
Rack;2269085 said:
Well I still would rather have Austin back there then Stanback.

Starting to feel like Stanback is never gonna amount to anything (as a professional football player). I hope I'm wrong though.

Either way, I'd rather have Austin back there cuz he's simply better at it than Stanback, plus I think he'd be a better blocker for FeJo (I hope that pisses a few of you off :D ).

But, again, not till his knee is fully healed.

Yeah he is a whole lot better at it....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?playerId=10147&sYear=2006

And that doesnt include the Seattle game....

Its official 'you know nothing about football'...