I want Austin on KR

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I want Austin to stick to WR. It was brutal passing the ball to our WRs in the 2nd half of the game Monday night. Crayton just does not command respect from teams that play man to man. And he simply cannot beat man to man coverage. Which makes running the ball hard to do against quality teams. Because they can bring an extra safety in the box to stop the run, because they don't have to help out on Crayton. Crayton and the COwboys have got to find plays were Crayton can be effective against single coverage....regardless of how good the CB is.

Shady12

Reaction score
Austin wouldn't be a good punt returner. Punt returners need the great quickness more than just speed. And to take away Pacman from PR would be nuts. Once he gets back in the groove he's as good as anyone in the league returning punts. I think Stanback will be a better kick returner than Austin..Austin probably would have been tackled by the kicker that Jones eluded on his way to the touchdown. But the other guy doesn't matter much, Jones will get to return it almost every time. If it was me I'd have both deep guys standing right next to each other on the goal line until the ball is kicked so they can't kick it away from anyone.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
For the #2 return man I'd like to see Choice down there. Why risk one of our frail receivers, pull Choice off the bench already dang nabbit...

DBoys

Reaction score
Biggems;2269039 said:
you do realize that there are two guys back there and Jones cant always return it.....look what happened when the eagles kicked away from jones. stanback fumbled it and we ended up at the 5.

i think stanback will make an excellent KR soon, but right now I want the two best options, in case the opposing team does decide to kick away from Felix....give the other spot to Austin. Besides, Austin is a better blocker than Stanback.

Yes and after they did that the cowboys moved Stanback up the field from Felix.

cowboyz

Reaction score
FCBarca;2269028 said:
If nothing else, I'd at least like to see Miles give Punt Returning a shot since Pacman hasn't done anything yet
pacman is getting no blocking what so ever. he just needs a little and can break one.

MONT17

Reaction score
Felix should only return kicks when needed in key situations or big games. I'm sure the coaches will use austin and standback lol 4 regular duty.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
nyc;2269019 said:
Stanback is in my doghouse right now after the Eagles game, but he is a better return man than Austin and I don't even think it's debatable.

Not even debatable? Stanback has barely returned any kicks at all.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
MONT17;2269738 said:
Felix should only return kicks when needed in key situations or big games. I'm sure the coaches will use austin and standback lol 4 regular duty.

Would be nice if Felix only had to return one kick per game.....
That would mean our defense turned into gold...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
y can't we do it so jones returns all the kicks. Hester seems to be able to return all the bears kicks.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dallas;2269040 said:
I could not believe how fast Stanbeck caught up to Felix on that KR for a touchdown the other night. He was closing ground on the philly defender who was after Felix quicker than anyone ive ever seen.

It was like...... :eek:

You and me both. Stanback is a blur.