I want nothing to with

bodi

Reaction score
Grant Delpit, LSU have not heard his name once

or

LB Isaiah Simmons

dallas72

Reaction score
Delpit had a sack first drive...but he whiffed on 2 tackles and dropped a int....ya the other S from LSU out played him....Simmons had a great 1st half..but losing the starting MLB he had to play more soft

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Delpit is a late 1 or early 2 guy. No way should a team draft him top 15. If we want him, we can trade down into the lower end of round 1, gain 1 or 2 extra picks, and still draft him.
Someone is probably drafting him in the top 15

Rayman70

Reaction score
Someone is probably drafting him in the top 15
your right. QB and Safety tend to be overdrafted I guess for good reason...they are vital parts in a teams success. Safety is the QB of the back 7...and QB is SO important to the entire franchise. I thought Woods made some progress this year in his evolution. He is a keeper and with proper coaching, can be elite. Heath , to me, is that modern day bill bates guy...a swiss army knife...doesn't do anything great, but has the want to and heart. WE NEED HIM ON SPECIAL TEAMS MORE THAN STARTING AT SAFETY. I wanna resign him to a 2 year deal. He is very important. We DO need to trade, draft or sign a FA safety..not just a guy..but a top flight guy.

Sydla

Reaction score
I just worry where you play Simmons. He might be too small to play LB but maybe too slow to play S.

Kid is an elite college defender though. Just not sure where you play him in the pros.... I would guess a rover type.

The best draft eligible DB last night was Fulton, IMO.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Grant Delpit, LSU have not heard his name once

or

LB Isaiah Simmons
Isaiah Simmons will be a star

Talk about an incredibly versatile, smart, freaky athlete....wow.
He is rare, imo

That type of flex with sub 4.35 speed and that size...and an All ACC Academic player as well.
Dream prospect if you have a good DC

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I just worry where you play Simmons. He might be too small to play LB but maybe too slow to play S.

Kid is an elite college defender though. Just not sure where you play him in the pros.... I would guess a rover type.

The best draft eligible DB last night was Fulton, IMO.
:omg:
He ran a 4.31 on campus this year and a 4.37 at another location.
Would be the be the fastest safety in the NFL or close to it.
He's just outstanding, Syd

Sydla

Reaction score
:omg:
He ran a 4.31 on campus this year and a 4.37 at another location.
Would be the be the fastest safety in the NFL or close to it.
He's just outstanding, Syd

I don't see that elite speed on the field. Last night, for example, he couldn't catch Joe Burrow on a scramble for a first down. You surely aren't going to tell me Burrow runs a 4.29 are you?

He's clearly a good athlete but I wonder where he fits. Then again, I wondered where TJ Watt would fit with us and it's clear we should have taken him.

So pay no attention to me. LOL.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't see the speed on the field. Last night, for example, he couldn't catch Joe Burrow on a scramble for a first down. You surely aren't going to tell me Burrow runs a 4.29 are you?
So you think that play was indicative of both of their speeds all the time? Seriously?
Come on. The guy was borderline superman early in the game..defending speedsters, making tackles, getting sacks, etc. Maybe he was winded on that play, who knows.

Anyway, it's doesn't matter.
If you think he's slow that's fine.
You're now on record saying Simmons is slow. Got it.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Love to draft Simmons,he will thrive in the Hybrid Defense but i am sure he goes before 17.

timb2

Reaction score

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I like Delpit and would definitely draft him.

Tackling is an issue i'll admit but I think that is something he can get better at.
I disagree. When someone is bad at tackling they never get better at it. Tackling is an attitude first and foremost. In the NFL, teams almost never work long on tackling drills. Thanks to the CBA, there just is not enough time. Either they have it or they don't.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I disagree. When someone is bad at tackling they never get better at it. Tackling is an attitude first and foremost. In the NFL, teams almost never work long on tackling drills. Thanks to the CBA, there just is not enough time. Either they have it or they don't.

Yeah.. I'm fine with it either way.

I want a safety who has some ball skills and if I have to give up a little in the tackling department i'm ok with that.

If we want to start forcing turnovers we're going to need guys like Delpit on the team.

He'll get bigger and stronger.. What he does naturally is a rare skill. You can teach tackling.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Yeah.. I'm fine with it either way.

I want a safety who has some ball skills and if I have to give up a little in the tackling department i'm ok with that.

If we want to start forcing turnovers we're going to need guys like Delpit on the team.

He'll get bigger and stronger.. What he does naturally is a rare skill. You can teach tackling.
I agree, they just never seem too. I always wonder why fundamentals are rarely if ever taught in the NFL. I have watched training camps eagerly for years and never see basic fundamentals being taught to guys. It is like coaches in the NFL assume these guys all know this stuff by now? Tackling poorly is the norm now because teams do not make it a thing to make it better IMHO.