I want Romo to return. The Tom Brady clone can stay hurt.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've almost lost all faith in this offensive line. Obviously, some, Adams in particular, are playing hurt, but playing hurt in the NFL is an excuse for not playing well enough to win.

Like it or not, this is the offensive line which Romo has to play behind. He will need his mobility of seasons past to get this offense back on track. However, if he comes back from his injury expecting that he should not scramble when the opportunity presents itself, he's going to be back on the sidelines nursing another injury, and this offense will tank again.

Come back Romo, but leave Tom behind. Please.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Texas football...for those that don't know Texas.

See, the Cowboys are going to be alright...what is happening now, before Thanksgiving is just a training camp. :)

Just watch and see.

:star:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;2393007 said:
Texas football...for those that don't know Texas.

See, the Cowboys are going to be alright...what is happening now, before Thanksgiving is just a training camp. :)

Just watch and see.

They need to return from the bye better than 'alright'. They better come back like a team possessed. If they don't, this season will be done. Forget about playoffs. Done.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
DallasEast;2392903 said:
I've almost lost all faith in this offensive line. Obviously, some, Adams in particular, are playing hurt, but playing hurt in the NFL is an excuse for not playing well enough to win.

Like it or not, this is the offensive line which Romo has to play behind. He will need his mobility of seasons past to get this offense back on track. However, if he comes back from his injury expecting that he should not scramble when the opportunity presents itself, he's going to be back on the sidelines nursing another injury, and this offense will tank again.

Good post. Its been said many times... doesnt matter it should be said again.

Romo changed his QB and stays in pocket and the O-line will pay.. they have been paying. He needs to scramble and he needs to run when its there.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DallasEast;2393034 said:
They need to return from the bye better than 'alright'. They better come back like a team possessed. If they don't, this season will be done. Forget about playoffs. Done.

That's the plan. :laugh2:

I think the Cowboys want a SuperBowl...

:starspin

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;2393142 said:
That's the plan. :laugh2:

I think the Cowboys want a SuperBowl...

:starspin
In my opinion, the team hasn't had that mindset since September 21st. I hope they get it back after the bye, but that's still to be seen.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
DallasEast;2392903 said:

Tony has to play like last year to win. Sitting in the pocket will only get him killed.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FLcowboy;2393206 said:
Tony has to play like last year to win. Sitting in the pocket will only get him killed.
umm... so you're agreeing with me... right? :eek::

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
FLcowboy;2393206 said:

Sitting in the pocket will get any quarterback killed. See: Peyton Manning this year, Tom Brady vs. Bernard Pollard.

Reaction score
Romo needs to be himself, he's a way better athlete than Brady and he needs to show it on the field...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Romo was already playing better than last year. Better in every statistical category. Everyone around him was playing worse. Since he was the quarterback, naturally he got blamed by typical knee jerk fans who always blame the quarterback and head coach first, even when it's not their fault.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
casmith07;2393289 said:
Sitting in the pocket will get any quarterback killed. See: Peyton Manning this year, Tom Brady vs. Bernard Pollard.

Yeah, right....! I agree with this. Romo is sitting with his money in his pockets...thanks to Jessica!

:eek::

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi;2393332 said:
Romo was already playing better than last year. Everyone around him was playing worse. Since he was the quarterback, naturally he got blamed by typical knee jerk fans who always blame the quarterback and head coach first.
Unless his offensive line plays up to it's potential, Romo will have to improvise when his blocking breaks down. He used to do just that effectively, but he made a conscious decision to become less mobile in order to make his reads better.

That's a great strategy as long as he has good or great protection, but that protection hasn't been there since the Packers game. If that protection doesn't materialize after the bye week, Romo will have to make some adjustments to offset his offensive line's inability to pass block.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DallasEast;2393396 said:
Unless his offensive line plays up to it's potential, Romo will have to improvise when his blocking breaks down. He used to do just that effectively, but he made a conscious decision to become less mobile in order to make his reads better.

That's a great strategy as long as he has good or great protection, but that protection hasn't been there since the Packers game. If that protection doesn't materialize after the bye week, Romo will have to make some adjustments to offset his offensive line's inability to pass block.

Don't worry about that...

You can't see what you can't see...yet.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Romo has not tried to be a Tom Brady clone. He just studied one little aspect of what Brady does in the pocket. That is not to drift in the pocket which can lead the QB right into a sack or pressure. He never intended not to scramble when needed. It has worked. He was sacked once every 29 passes last year. This year Romo has been sacked once every 22 passes. He has scrambled when pressured, but stands still when there is a good pocket instead of drifting forward.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss;2395113 said:
Romo has not tried to be a Tom Brady clone. He just studied one little aspect of what Brady does in the pocket. That is not to drift in the pocket which can lead the QB right into a sack or pressure. He never intended not to scramble when needed. It has worked. He was sacked once every 29 passes last year. This year Romo has been sacked once every 22 passes. He has scrambled when pressured, but stands still when there is a good pocket instead of drifting forward.

isn't 1 every 29 better than 1 every 22?

joseephuss

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395123 said:
isn't 1 every 29 better than 1 every 22?

Sorry I got them backwards. He is at 1 every 29 this year, which is better.