I want to be a moderator...

k19

Reaction score
You have to pay all the other mods to get them to talk to reality, then you have to pay him. I think its like 1000 bucks :D

gbrittain

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
How do I go about doing that?

You have to get the answer to the following within 15 seconds as it is a simple math equation.

THREE MEN GO INTO A MOTEL. THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK SAID THE ROOM IS $30,
SO EACH MAN PAID $10 AND WENT TO THE ROOM.

A WHILE LATER THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK REALIZED THE ROOM WAS ONLY $25,

SO HE SENT THE BELLBOY TO THE 3 GUYS' ROOM WITH $5.

ON THE WAY, THE BELLBOY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPLIT $5 EVENLY BETWEEN 3 MEN, SO HE GAVE EACH MAN A $1 AND KEPT THE OTHER $2 FOR HIMSELF.

THIS MEANT THAT THE 3 MEN EACH PAID $9 FOR THE ROOM, WHICH IS A TOTAL OF $27, ADD THE $2 THAT THE BELLBOY KEPT = $29.

WHERE IS THE OTHER DOLLAR?

Duane

Reaction score
First you remove a sig that dares to show TO next to The Playmaker. :D

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
well.. there is a hazing process that you would have to go through.. are you man enough?

clockwork_big.jpg

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, you have to eat a gallon of CBZ's pea salad, and then sit in a room by yourself for 24 hours.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
You have to get the answer to the following within 15 seconds as it is a simple math equation.

ON THE WAY, THE BELLBOY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPLIT $5 EVENLY BETWEEN 3 MEN, SO HE GAVE EACH MAN A $1 AND KEPT THE OTHER $2 FOR HIMSELF.

THIS MEANT THAT THE 3 MEN EACH PAID $9 FOR THE ROOM, WHICH IS A TOTAL OF $27, ADD THE $2 THAT THE BELLBOY KEPT = $29.

anybody???

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
How do I go about doing that?

Get as many posts as Hostile. If you ever fall under Hostile's average of 3,000 posts per day, you're kicked out. Well, good luck!

:lmao2:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
It's a lot of work being a moderator.

It's not nearly as glamorous as you'd think. Time, energy spent into recruiting new posters....trying to be balanced in every post you make.....moving/merging/deleting posts.

And when there is a flamefest and a poster is really deserving of being flamed...and you want too.....putting it aside and doing the 'right' thing.

Then, there is the discussions that go on in Mod forums, deciding what's best for the forum, putting biases aside constantly, and trying to remain objective despite topics that clearly have strong opinions either way....the politics behind that...

And the editing of posts, explaining the rules over and over, the constant PM's you get, etc. And if you screw up....well, you are a moderator and are expected by the common users to be perfect. Mistakes get blown up when a mod makes them.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
gbrittain said:

OK we're gonna need the answer for this. Call it my OCD whatever... My answer is $25 divided by 3 is $8.33. Then giving them each $1 back equals $9.33. $9.33 times 3 is 28... 2 bucks for the bellboy = $30. Reverse engineering sort of answer. probably totally wrong

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Vintage said:

It's not nearly as glamorous as you'd think. Time, energy spent into recruiting new posters....trying to be balanced in every post you make.....moving/merging/deleting posts.

And when there is a flamefest and a poster is really deserving of being flamed...and you want too.....putting it aside and doing the 'right' thing.

Then, there is the discussions that go on in Mod forums, deciding what's best for the forum, putting biases aside constantly, and trying to remain objective despite topics that clearly have strong opinions either way....the politics behind that...

And the editing of posts, explaining the rules over and over, the constant PM's you get, etc.

Described very accurately... well-done Vintage...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage said:

And the editing of posts, explaining the rules over and over, the constant PM's you get, etc. And if you screw up....well, you are a moderator and are expected by the common users to be perfect. Mistakes get blown up when a mod makes them.
Well you just took the fun out of this thread.

Expect a PM soon. :cool:

If it's from Juke or Winky, delete upon receipt. :p:

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
it's a trick question.. you are no longer looking for $30.. because the room is now $25, each of the men actually overpaid.. it's not a question of where is the other dollar.. it's a question of there is an extra $2.. if the three men pay $27 together, that is an extra two bucks more, which the bellboy is keeping..

Kangaroo

Reaction score
gbrittain said:

Kind of hard with bad math

The total should be 28 not 27 25 + 3 = 28 so each man pain $9.33 so the real question is where did the other penny go ?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
OK we're gonna need the answer for this. Call it my OCD whatever... My answer is 3 divided by $25 is $8.33. Then giving them each $1 back equals $9.33. $9.33 times 3 is 28... 2 bucks for the bellboy = $30. Reverse engineering sort of answer. probably totally wrong

The room cost $28. If he kept $2 to himself, out of the $30, the room cost $28; not $27.