c51cd4c7731e73d70fbae10cccc1f3606fe255412ebeeffae4890f35c4fcc967_1.jpg

Jarntt

Reaction score
Interesting topic. We’ve never had a Dak thread before

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak could play better and still probably won’t win MVP. Too much of that award is out of his hands. The Oline lost starters the run game probably won’t be as strong as in recent years, and it’s up in the air as to what the defense will be.

Lamar doesn’t win MVP last year if they don’t win 13 games, in large part due to the defense. I think the stat is 9 of the last 11 QB MVPs were on teams that achieved the #1 seed in their conference, and every one since 2016 has been that.
At least he isn’t fighting with his HC.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
OK so I want to talk Prescott. Last year he finished 1st in passing TDs, 3rd in yards passing, 2nd in completion percentage, and 2nd in passing rating.

Holy cow-did Dak have an excellent season last year and it's no wonder why he finished 2nd in MVP Votes.

He's easily a top 5 QB in the league.

I think he's in for an even better season this year and has a real shot to be this year's MVP.

He is that good.

I hope he's signed to a long term deal soon, even if that means he averages $60 million.
Of course you do...he loves his misguided fans. He loves you.

The ladies love him like you do. Pay the man to dance.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I think he's in for an even better season this year and has a real shot to be this year's MVP.

He is that good.
Can you say why you would think he is in for a better season than last season this year, other than "He is that good?"

The odds are stacked against him having a better season, which has nothing to do with how good he is, but considering the pieces around him won't be as good.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
There are zero gimme games in the NFC East this year and the WFT will be vastly improved...we are weaker on OL at the start, and relying upon youth so this is a TBD....we have no WR's at this time...we have no RB'1at this time and didn't think Henry would have helped...we have a QB who has a bad paw, doesn't have a bad paw. If Rico gets hurt, a guy who is 4'3 might become our RB1. Jerry has made 100% sure that his QB has fewer tools in his toolbox this year, and there is no world that I live in where I can see Dak putting up similar/same numbers as last year even if he's playing for his next contract. We also have a lame-duck HC, guys coming off major injuries on the D along with a new DC who I actually think will be a major difference-maker for us. However, if things go South with our D, this will also be detrimental to our QB and the entire O

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak could play better and still probably won’t win MVP. Too much of that award is out of his hands. The Oline lost starters the run game probably won’t be as strong as in recent years, and it’s up in the air as to what the defense will be.

Lamar doesn’t win MVP last year if they don’t win 13 games, in large part due to the defense. I think the stat is 9 of the last 11 QB MVPs were on teams that achieved the #1 seed in their conference, and every one since 2016 has been that.
This is what I like about you. Excellent statistical history analysis and breakdown. Thank you.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak is a very good QB until he's under pressure or stressed. I don't mean in the pocket. I mean big pressure games or situations. We have people bringing up how good he is most of the time, versus people bringing up how good he isn't in high pressure situations.

What good is a QB that is well above average most of the time, and craps his pants in big situations? He has to get over that. Even in a loss, show some life. This is all in his head, and I don't know if he can overcome it.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I have never tried to talk-type on threads. Probably because I stutter and have a tendency to yodel when I get mad or excited.

shabazz

Reaction score
I have never tried to talk-type on threads. Probably because I stutter and have a tendency to yodel when I get mad or excited.
My occasional tourettes keeps me from doing the same. FFFFFFudge!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yet you, an Iggles fan, would never want Dak on your team.
Every Eagles fan I see is praying the Cowboys extend the loser Dak.

They know with Dak the Cowboys will never have playoff success.

The Cowboys play to go 1-1 against the Eagles in the regular season. The Eagles play for trying to win Super Bowls.

It’s 2 franchises that have much different priorities.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
He was also 2nd in EPA/play and 1st in 3rd down EPA/play.

He's a top-5 QB in the league, hands down.