I want Zeke!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know a little football and I think Zeke can still serve a purpose. With a good contract and a new direction, he can really help.
At this stage, I see him as a great short yard, tough runner...which we don't have....I also see him as an HBack type player...he's a good blocker...part time fullback and he can actually line up on the flex TE position....he had great hands.....I'd love this role for him.....my bud @CowboyRoy is gonna kill me, but that's my take.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Zeke is the best option right now.
There are no other RB's out there, unless they trade for Henry. But then his contract is not conducive to do so.

Zeke can come in and be productive if the utilize him better. They can have a package of plays, even if he just is in for pass protection, or FB role, as well get his shares of touches.
If they keep the FB they just brought in as well. Need a yard or 2 or 3 for a 1st down, now you have options. Who gets the ball, run or pass. Dak is protected, or they have the blocking to get those yards. Heck that would be a great time to hand off to Deuce, OL opens a hole, gets some FB blocks, and he is gone.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know a little football and I think Zeke can still serve a purpose. With a good contract and a new direction, he can really help.
At this stage, I see him as a great short yard, tough runner...which we don't have....I also see him as an HBack type player...he's a good blocker...part time fullback and he can actually line up on the flex TE position....he had great hands.....I'd love this role for him.....my bud @CowboyRoy is gonna kill me, but that's my take.
Time to move on, in my opinion.

Pollard doesn't need Zeke hover over him...

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Zeke is the best option right now.
There are no other RB's out there, unless they trade for Henry. But then his contract is not conducive to do so.

Zeke can come in and be productive if the utilize him better. They can have a package of plays, even if he just is in for pass protection, or FB role, as well get his shares of touches.
If they keep the FB they just brought in as well. Need a yard or 2 or 3 for a 1st dow, now you have options. Who gets the ball, run or pass. Dak is protected, or they have the blocking to get those yards. Heck that would be a great time to hand off to Deuce, OL opens a hole, gets some FB blocks, and he is gone.
That's cool!! I like it!

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Vet minimum and I'm game....

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hate to say it, but bring him back if it can be done on a deal hovering around $3-5 mil a year. It would fill a pretty major hole in the roster right now and this team will need another veteran running back going into the year. Probably makes more sense to re-sign him than some other random vet floating around out there.

Zeke can be effective with 5-10 carries a game when he is deployed in a situational role. Short yardage, pass protection, goal line, etc.