I was just wondering if it's the older fans who see what I see in Dak

Little Jr

Reaction score
I seriously can't take you serious if you say that leadership is Dak's greatest strength.
You are in about 1% of fans, just not Cowboy fans, but overall that question his leadership. That 1% is made up of people who have no clue what leadership or just so anti Dak they just say it to say it. Im not sure what group you fit in, but age has nothing to do with it to answer your OP.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seriously can't take you serious if you say that leadership is Dak's greatest strength.
You must have your head in the sand (we’ll go with sand), because even many Dak detractors admit Dak is a leader. Leadership has been widely considered one of his strongest traits.

morat1959

Reaction score
You are in about 1% of fans, just not Cowboy fans, but overall that question his leadership. That 1% is made up of people who have no clue what leadership or just so anti Dak they just say it to say it. Im not sure what group you fit in, but age has nothing to do with it to answer your OP.
And exactly how did you come up with 1%? I know how...you pulled it out of thin air.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm 53- almost 54 years old. I have been a fan of the Cowboys since the early 70's- when I was old enough to know about them.
I've seen the likes of Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath, Pat Haden, Danny White, Joe Montana, Brian Sipe, Dan Pastorini, Craig Morton, John Elway, Joe Theismann, Billy Kilmer, Ron Jaworski, Doug Williams, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, and others like Brett Favre on their best and worst days.
It's not that Dak can't learn. He's a great athlete.
But I don't see in him the instincts of any of the quarterbacks I just mentioned in regards to leadership skills and making a team better.
I'm just curious if it's the older generation that sees what I see?
One thing Dak does better is that he doesn't throw many interceptions, but I am not sure if that comes from the fact that he strictly follows the route tree or is just more aware.
But he doesn't seem to have "it" when it comes to leadership.
But is it the older guys who see what I see?
Just curious.

your craap debunked.. :muttley::lmao::laugh::D:p;):lmao2::lmao::flagwave::grin:
quote from JJT, who knows more people in the cowboys organization than you know names

Dak, in JJT’s opinion, has put out the most powerful statement on the current events. JJT asked around the star to see how they felt about it. They all said “it speaks to Daks ability to be a leader. When he finally had something to say, it was as powerful as anyone else’s.” The power and specificity was highlighted. Regardless of what the public thinks, his teammates ride or die for Prescott because of his leadership. He brings everyone together regardless of cultural differences. JJT goes on to say that even though Dak is not yet a better player than Romo, he’s a much better leader.

In addition to the statement, sources identified Dak’s propensity to deflect praise to others while accepting criticism for himself. Seems like regardless of what you think of him as a player, there’s a unanimous adoration for Prescott in the locker room.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He was fine during that Philly game too. If he was so bad, that he couldn't throw the ball... then maybe he should have said so. Rush would not have been any worse, and may have been a better choice, if he was in such bad shape.

I dunno... saw Romo win a game with a broken rib, and punctured lung... just sayin lol.
Saw Romo lose a lot of games because of boneheaded decisions too. Have yet to see Dak cost us a game on a game losing interception.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Let me clarify:
When I speak of leadership, I am talking about the player's ability to make those around him better. I don't see that from Dak. He plays well when the team is overpowering another team. But I have yet to see the Cowboys struggling and Dak be the reason they came back and won. He chokes when he's under pressure.
That's what I mean by leadership.
Lol. Second only to Tom Brady in game winning drives since 2016. Also right up there in 4th quarter comebacks. Please try again troll.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Seriously, he led a talented team to 8-8 last season and went completely AWOL in 3 of them, losing the division, Seriously
Romo led talented teams to 8-8 3 seasons in a row. Did he not? Or do you like to forget that part?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Ahhh ok well your right! He doesnt make the players around him better and other teams know if you take away Zeke that Dak will choke if you pressure him. I cant wait for Dak to face that 49ers defense this year. He will have more yards running for his life than throwing.
You literally just admitted you can’t wait for the guy to fail. You’re calling yourself a fan of the cowboys? Get lost. I saw earlier you posted he’s hit his ceiling? He’s going into his 5th year in the league and has gotten better every single year. But he’s hit his ceiling? I think you’ve hit your ceiling of dumb posts for the year. Good thing is only way to go now is up for you

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I admitted that!

Whoa easy there fella. Let's not start attacking people geeze~!
You read that wrong. "I am not sure about his ability to change plays." Two things
1) It means I am not convinced he has really good command.
2) With the knowledge that I don't always know if he changed it or not. I'm pretty sure it's not always obvious "KILL KILL KILL".

Text book hating? You haven't seen those boys go at Zeke have you?
If you don't kneel before the altar of Dak, they consider you a hater. Pretty silly if you ask me..

leeblair

Reaction score
Lol. Second only to Tom Brady in game winning drives since 2016. Also right up there in 4th quarter comebacks. Please try again troll.
Only quarterbacks who prove they are special deserve marquee status and pay.
Dak has proven that he is not.
2019 revealed the real Dak Prescott. He chokes in tough games, and showed he cannot be counted on to make the Cowboys better when the game is on the line. He played poorly when the season was on the line, unable to beat any team who were still contending for a playoff spot.
And then the way he choked vs the Eagles with them being weakened by injuries all through their lineup, Dak showed he is absolutely not a top quarterback.
He is a great athlete, but not a leader.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Only quarterbacks who prove they are special deserve marquee status and pay.
Dak has proven that he is not.
2019 revealed the real Dak Prescott. He chokes in tough games, and showed he cannot be counted on to make the Cowboys better when the game is on the line. He played poorly when the season was on the line, unable to beat any team who were still contending for a playoff spot.
And then the way he choked vs the Eagles with them being weakened by injuries all through their lineup, Dak showed he is absolutely not a top quarterback.
He is a great athlete, but not a leader.
Lol. So last year was the real Dak Prescott? From 2016-2018 it wasn’t? Funny how that fits your agenda but isn’t the truth. At all.

GINeric

Reaction score
Seriously, he led a talented team to 8-8 last season and went completely AWOL in 3 of them, losing the division, Seriously

Seriously, when Dak plays defense and keep lesser offenses from driving downfield on crucial 3rd downs, and not forcing turnovers, and missing tackles, and make average QBs look like pro bowlers, and playing bend but dont break defense, then let me know.

Seriously, if it wasn't for Dak LEADING this offense we probably would have been 4-12. I love how you QB whisperers conveniently leave out the fact that Dak played our last crucial games with a banged up shoulder. Real leaders play through adversity and pain. Dak Did Dat!!!

leeblair

Reaction score
Lol. So last year was the real Dak Prescott? From 2016-2018 it wasn’t? Funny how that fits your agenda but isn’t the truth. At all.
No, you saw the real Dak Prescott in each of his first three seasons, as well. The Cowboys faced weaker opponents from 2016-2018; teams in disarray and not at their best.
In 2016 he stepped into a loaded offense in a weak division, yet choked in the playoffs vs Green Bay, allowing them to build an insurmountable lead. His passes were errant and high.
In 2017, he proved he was unable to move the team if they weren't already on a roll. It was really an 8-8 season, with the final win only because the Eagles rested their starters. But you saw the real Dak when he didn't show grit and determination to make a difference in the team while Elliott was out.
2018 was better, but Prescott showed no improvement in his ability to make the Cowboys better. He played to the level of the team, rather than making them rise to a higher level.
But 2019 was the season that I knew would expose him. He finally faced a tough schedule vs teams who were not in complete disarray, and they did not let him have all day to play.
He was like a deer in the headlights, throwing the ball high and off target, making poor decisions, and throwing interceptions when he panicked under pressure.
The loss to the Eagles cemented Dak's status as average to below average.