I was just wondering if it's the older fans who see what I see in Dak

leeblair

Reaction score
Your posting is average to below average. Guy throws for 4900 yards and 30 plus touchdowns and he was exposed? Lol sure pal. Welcome to ignore
Excuse me; where did that Super Bowl trophy that goes with those 4900 yds get off to?
Oh- the Cowboys were 8-8 and missed the playoffs.
They must not give out Super Bowl trophies for quarterbacks who run up their stats against prevent defenses!
Stats don't earn championships.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Excuse me; where did that Super Bowl trophy that goes with those 4900 yds get off to?
They must not give out Super Bowl trophies for quarterbacks who run up their stats against prevent defenses!
40-24 as a starter

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol - 4,902 yards built only on playing prevent defenses:facepalm:.

be fair, sure the yardage alone doesn’t tell the story - there were shortfalls, but the yardage isn’t insignificant either, and the shortfalls were not only on Dak.

I can see you are one of those that says It’s a team game when the team wins, and it’s all on the QB when the team loses. That makes you a poster without credibility.

cern

Reaction score
the best qb's get their teams to conference championship games and ultimately the big dance.

phildadon86

Reaction score

be fair, sure the yardage alone doesn’t tell the story - there were shortfalls, but the yardage isn’t insignificant either, and the shortfalls were not only on Dak.

I can see you are one of those that says It’s a team game when the team wins, and it’s all on the QB when the team loses. That makes you a poster without credibility.
Exactly.

leeblair

Reaction score

The blame only lies with the quarterback when it's clear that it was the fault of the quarterback.
Dak proved that himself in 2019.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The worst division in the NFL, with the best offensive line in football, and the best running back in the game, but couldn't beat anyone who was contending.
Unfortunately, you can't get to a Super Bowl beating only the 5-11 teams.
Oh now it’s the divisions fault? And Daks average against winning teams up until this season was almost at 50 percent. Your whole argument is baseless. When he wins it’s the team but when he loses it’s all on him? Get lost man.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What has Prescott won?

1 playoff game in 4 years?

He’s not a difference maker.. Dak is stuck in neutral and that’s fine until you ask for elite QB money.
More games than any other quarterback in his class. And that was with Jason More games than any other quarterback when he’s had the ball in his hands last. That’s a winner make no mistake about that

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm 53- almost 54 years old. I have been a fan of the Cowboys since the early 70's- when I was old enough to know about them.
I've seen the likes of Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath, Pat Haden, Danny White, Joe Montana, Brian Sipe, Dan Pastorini, Craig Morton, John Elway, Joe Theismann, Billy Kilmer, Ron Jaworski, Doug Williams, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, and others like Brett Favre on their best and worst days.
It's not that Dak can't learn. He's a great athlete.
But I don't see in him the instincts of any of the quarterbacks I just mentioned in regards to leadership skills and making a team better.
I'm just curious if it's the older generation that sees what I see?
One thing Dak does better is that he doesn't throw many interceptions, but I am not sure if that comes from the fact that he strictly follows the route tree or is just more aware.
But he doesn't seem to have "it" when it comes to leadership.
But is it the older guys who see what I see?
Just curious.
We're about the same age. I was a player or coach for about 45 years of my 53. Dak is good.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
:facepalm::huh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The worst division in the NFL, with the best offensive line in football, and the best running back in the game, but couldn't beat anyone who was contending.
Unfortunately, you can't get to a Super Bowl beating only the 5-11 teams.
we don't have the best OL in football....not in 2019. the year you keep pointing back to...its one man's opinion with an agenda that's not shared anywhere else.

Dre11

Reaction score
the best qb's get their teams to conference championship games and ultimately the big dance.

no, the best and good teams get their teams to the championship games and ultimately the big dance. Qb only plays on 1 of 3 units.

cern

Reaction score
no, the best and good teams get their teams to the championship games and ultimately the big dance. Qb only plays on 1 of 3 units.
Elway, brady, staubach, bradshaw, Montana, mahomey, wilson, aikman, all suggest that while a good team is essential, a great qb is indispensable. Vikes and bills each went to 4 superbowls in a row and never won one.

Dre11

Reaction score
Elway, brady, staubach, bradshaw, Montana, mahomey, wilson, aikman, all suggest that while a good team is essential, a great qb is indispensable. Vikes and bills each went to 4 superbowls in a row and never won one.

and their team did there part whether it been defense or sp tms, whether it was Sharp, Terrell Davis, Dorsett, Drew Pearson, Rice Dwight Clark Lynn Swann, Mean Joe Green, Stallworth, Kelsi, Hill, Legion of Boom, Marshawn Lynch, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin and so on and so on. And I didnt even mention the defenses.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Scoring 40 points on the Commanders or Rams means nothing if you can't put up one TD against a shell of an Eagles team in basically a win and your in game. Heck they couldn't score a TD against the Saints.
Back in the beginning of 2017 when the Cowboys were beaten badly by Trevor Simien and the Broncos was the tell tale sign that Dak was figured out. After the Broncos had that game sealed sure the Cowboys scored to make it look respectable but that was a joke of a game. That game where he was shut out against the Colts was a very much needed game for Dallas to try to right the ship and make the playoffs and Dak was completely shut out. A big fat 0!
Dak is good between the 20s but man he stinks in the redzone. Can't make a quick read and fire a accurate pass to a moving target.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
pansy boy wouldn't have survived in the '60s and 70's where the defense was allowed to maul the quarterback. he got sacked 5 times against the falcons and he was in fear mode the rest of that year and half of the next year. lmao