I was looking at the top sticky of the Official Signing List

Woods

Reaction score
. . . . and for those who are disappointed in our first day in FA, notice only about 17 franchises have actually signed a FA thus far.

Imagine had we not signed anyone the first day . . . . some people would be deeply concerned! :)

notherbob

Reaction score
I think there's a lot of bobbing and weaving going on, not to mention feinting and Juking while everyone tries to find out what the increase in cap dollars does to the FA process. Agents will be asking for mo' money while teams will be wanting to tight-fist some of it for other players, mid-season injury replacements, etc. Things will open up soon as people find their way around.

NorTex

Reaction score
Woods, you're right. 24 hours into FA, by my count, only eleven teams had signed a FA away from another team.

However, there were FAs signed that had already been on their team: IE Gurode, Alstott, etc...

Z-Man

Reaction score
notherbob said:
I think there's a lot of bobbing and weaving going on, not to mention feinting and Juking while everyone tries to find out what the increase in cap dollars does to the FA process. Agents will be asking for mo' money while teams will be wanting to tight-fist some of it for other players, mid-season injury replacements, etc. Things will open up soon as people find their way around.
They had over a week extra to figure that out thanks to the FA delay. If they're that slow they shouldn't be involved in business as a profession.

VThokie7

Reaction score
Z-Man said:
They had over a week extra to figure that out thanks to the FA delay. If they're that slow they shouldn't be involved in business as a profession.

When the cap increases by such a wide margin you have to wait for the market to be set in terms of position. I'm sorry they didn't hire the worlds premier economist to estimate and determine the exact market. Not to mention the fact players want to visit other teams before signing. When your signing a 5 year deal isn't it smart to make sure you pick the right place for you? I can't believe how inpatient some of you are, how many of the top free agents have signed? Outside of Bentley not many

NorTex

Reaction score
I just think that the FA players are taking their time because there is so much new money out there.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
I just think that the FA players are taking their time because there is so much new money out there.

The CBA also changed the landscape of who was going to be out there. Don't forget, if the CBA wasn't extended, there would've been a lot more out there because teams would have released a lot to get under the cap.

Know that the cap grew after the CBA, there just aren't as many quality FA to choose from.