I was wrong about Dorrance Armstrong

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Nonsense. I've stated many times that Deion was the one cornerback I've seen who could impact games and make his teammates better. He's easily the best to ever play that position. I don't believe the Cowboys have many defensive players who can lay claim to be the best to play theirs.

Reggie White, Deion Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, Ray Lewis. In no particular order. The best defensive players I've ever seen.
Since he wouldn’t tackle(business decision) he wouldn’t make my list.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Nonsense. I've stated many times that Deion was the one cornerback I've seen who could impact games and make his teammates better. He's easily the best to ever play that position. I don't believe the Cowboys have many defensive players who can lay claim to be the best to play theirs.

Reggie White, Deion Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, Ray Lewis. In no particular order. The best defensive players I've ever seen.
200.webp

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who cares what number he gets? He can wear #22 for all I care. If he plays well what does it matter?No one is going to compare him to Bob Lilly. Let's calm down.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thanks for all that irrelevant information.

There's one more thing he was and that's the best defensive player to ever play for the Cowboys.
He was not. Great on his quick stop through but thats a slap in The face to the real true cowboys that were actually not a hired gun. But thanks for your OPINIONS they are yours but not mine.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was not. Great on his quick stop through but thats a slap in The face to the real true cowboys that were actually not a hired gun. But thanks for your OPINIONS they are yours but not mine.

Being a "hired gun" (all players are in this era) is irrelevant to who was the best player.

Deion was better than your heroes.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Being a "hired gun" (all players are in this era) is irrelevant to who was the best player.

Deion was better than your heroes.
Sure he was for 5 teams only two subs over 5 years but not as THE BEST COWBOY DEFENSIVE PLAYERS.. SORRY HECK Charles Haley meant more to us then him if you think about it but neither will get ROH because they weren’t here long enough to be true cowboys...

No ones arguing hes one of the best CBS ever just not his short stint here he doesnt get to be in the top 5 all time defenders..

Who are all hired guns some switch teams once but 5 teams over 14 years thats a true hired gun..go get the money play both sides of all rivals etc..Clint Eastwood can only rival this LOL

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure he was for 5 teams only two subs over 5 years but not as THE BEST COWBOY DEFENSIVE PLAYERS.. SORRY HECK Charles Haley meant more to us then him if you think about it but neither will get ROH because they weren’t here long enough to be true cowboys...

No ones arguing hes one of the best CBS ever just not his short stint here he doesnt get to be in the top 5 all time defenders..

He could be with 15 teams it doesn't matter in terms of how good of a player he was. You're emotional. You're trying to protect your heroes.

The thing is, I don't think it's even close. Deion's a candidate for best defensive player in league history. No other Cowboy is in that mix.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He could be with 15 teams it doesn't matter in terms of how good of a player he was. You're emotional. You're trying to protect your heroes.

The thing is, I don't think it's even close. Deion's a candidate for best defensive player in league history. No other Cowboy is in that mix.
Charles Haley and Randy white Harvey Martin Everson walls all better Cowboy Defenders,,you keep missing the point COWBOY ALL TIME DEFENDERS, NOT nfl. Ware is up there many more Darren Woodson ill take him and all the above over Deon...you have an Opinion its not facts...he WAS NOT HERE LONG ENOUGH TO BE THE BEST ALL TIME ANYTHING FOR THE COWBOYS..thats my opinion... let me know when he makes the ROH.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charles Haley and Randy white Harvey Martin Everton walls all better Cowboy Defenders,, Ware is up there many more Darren Woodson ill take him and all the above over Deon...you have an Opinion its not facts...he WAS NOT HERE LONG ENOUGH TO BE THE BEST ALL TIME ANYTHING FOR THE COWBOYS..thats my opinion... let me know when he makes the ROH.

Nope. None of them were better.

Stay with me here, fan boy. The subject was who was the best defensive player ever to wear the star. Not who wore it longest. Not whose poster is on your wall. Just best defensive player to wear the uniform.

That's Deion Sanders. By a mile. Much better than the guys you mentioned who nobody but an irrational Cowboys fan would suggest were the greatest at their position as Deion most definitely is at his.

Plus he was quite possibly the best return man in the league at least during his era.

No impartial NFL historian would rank any other Cowboy over Deion. Probably on offense or defense.

The ROH doesn't matter. That's a Cowboys award where things like longevity is a factor. Were talking about the league here.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Stay with me here, fan boy. The subject was who was the best defensive player ever to wear the star. Not who wore it longest. Not whose poster is on your wall. Just best defensive player to wear the uniform.

That's Deion Sanders. By a mile. Much better than the guys you mentioned who nobody but an irrational Cowboys fan would suggest were the greatest at their position as Deion most definitely is at his.

Plus he was quite possibly the best return man in the league at least during his era.

No impartial NFL historian would rank any other Cowboy over Deion. Probably on offense or defense.
Thanks for your opinion i and many others disagree...bye Felicia

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for your opinion i and many others disagree...bye Felicia

You and the rest at the pep rally disagree. The entire rest of the NFL world agrees with me.

Deion isn't even close to my favorite player but I can acknowledge his historic greatness. He was a freak of nature. One of a kind.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I agree with much of your post, but Haley was not overhyped. He was a very disruptive player who elevated the play of the D line.

Randy White would be the greatest defensive player in the history of all but a handful of teams.

If not for Lilly, he would unquestionably be the greatest defensive player in Cowboys history.

Lilly was the greatest DT of all time and the greatest defensive player Dallas has ever had. I doubt I'll live long enough to see that change.
Haley was a final piece for a Dallas team that was already outstanding and ascending.

He struggled with back issues here so was not anywhere near his career best beyond 1 season but yes he had a skillset as a pass rusher that was in the top 5 guys int he league that he was able to flash at times.

But yes he was very overhyped as Cowboys fans and many others pretend he was a 10 sack a year, constant pressure guy here.
He was not. He had 10 sacks combined on the greatest 2 yea team of all-time the 92 and 93 Cowboys.
He was absolutely oustanding ironically in 1994 when we hired Switzer and flubbed vs SF.
And he was very, very good again in 1995 when we won our final title.

But in 92 and 93 he was a role player on a DL that was STACKED.
In 1992 AND 1993 he finished THIRD in sacks by a DE behind Jeffcoat and Tolbert.

kskboys

Reaction score
Haley was a final piece for a Dallas team that was already outstanding and ascending.

He struggled with back issues here so was not anywhere near his career best beyond 1 season but yes he had a skillset as a pass rusher that was in the top 5 guys int he league that he was able to flash at times.

But yes he was very overhyped as Cowboys fans and many others pretend he was a 10 sack a year, constant pressure guy here.
He was not. He had 10 sacks combined on the greatest 2 yea team of all-time the 92 and 93 Cowboys.
He was absolutely oustanding ironically in 1994 when we hired Switzer and flubbed vs SF.
And he was very, very good again in 1995 when we won our final title.

But in 92 and 93 he was a role player on a DL that was STACKED.
In 1992 AND 1993 he finished THIRD in sacks by a DE behind Jeffcoat and Tolbert.
He was a constant pressure guy. Counting sacks isn't an accurate way to evaluate.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He was a constant pressure guy. Counting sacks isn't an accurate way to evaluate.
no, he wasn't a constant pressure guy.
he simply wasn't healthy enough to be. --bad back
he had an approximate value score of 8 in 1992 and 6 in 1993.
that is weighing his snaps played and tackles as well as pressure.

1994 and 1995 he was very, very good and a top 5 player on both those teams.

kskboys

Reaction score
no, he wasn't a constant pressure guy.
he simply wasn't healthy enough to be. --bad back
he had an approximate value score of 8 in 1992 and 6 in 1993.
that is weighing his snaps played and tackles as well as pressure.

1994 and 1995 he was very, very good and a top 5 player on both those teams.
We're not going to agree on this.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Being respectful of your elders and/or iconic figures is just normal behavior. No one has a shrine with incense burning, making sacrifices and chanting.

Hey if you wanna worship jersey numbers knock yourself out, no need to try and convince me, numbers come and go.

kskboys

Reaction score

The ROH doesn't matter. That's a Cowboys award where things like longevity is a factor. Were talking about the league here.
Much more irrational to declare him the best and no argument when it's quite obvious it's close.

ESisback

Reaction score
Hey if you wanna worship jersey numbers knock yourself out, no need to try and convince me, numbers come and go.

There’s that word again! Worlds of difference between “worship” and words like “honor” and “respect”. Ever see a dictionary?

Lilly was the best player to ever wear the number 74 for the Dallas Cowboys, and since there are plenty of other numbers to utilize, retiring the number is a decent, NORMAL acknowledgement. That’s all.