I was wrong about Dorrance Armstrong

VACowboy

Reaction score
I love Bob Lilly but I don't care about jersey #'s. If there is something about the number that makes him feel Elite...I say let him feel Elite...... There have been other great players whose numbers have been preceded, not many but unless you make the number retirement thing official...LET IT GO....That's an organizational stance not a fan stance IMO. I personally feel no man should wear another man's name on his jersey anyway. If there are multiple great 88's or 22's or 12's..then so be it. I'd be willing to buy a jersey with the number but count me as a person that is not on board with wearing another man's name on his back.....

Does anyone actually fear that a DE is going to wear #7-anything anyway?

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
There’s that word again! Worlds of difference between “worship” and words like “honor” and “respect”. Ever see a dictionary?

Lilly was the best player to ever wear the number 74 for the Dallas Cowboys, and since there are plenty of other numbers to utilize, retiring the number is a decent, NORMAL acknowledgement. That’s all.

Hmmmmm, kinda though he was honored and respected by being placed in the ring of honor. You acting like you and the number 74 has a personal relationship. The fact you keep trying to convince me otherwise is proving my point. :lmao:

I guess you invested in the jersey and want to get your moneys worth.

ESisback

Reaction score
Being a "hired gun" (all players are in this era) is irrelevant to who was the best player.

Deion was better than your heroes.

Can’t be the GREATEST defensive player. Tackled like a Girl Scout.

The fact that he was an egotistical mercenary is irrelevant. So was the fact that most Cowboy fans didn’t like him, and wouldn’t choose him if asked to assemble their favorite lineup. He was scared of contact.

ESisback

Reaction score
Hmmmmm, kinda though he was honored and respected by being placed in the ring of honor. You acting like you and the number 74 has a personal relationship. The fact you keep trying to convince me otherwise is proving my point. :lmao:

I guess you invested in the jersey and want to get your moneys worth.

No, I didn’t buy the jersey. I’m just normal. You just sound like the cliche—needs the last word, lives to argue. Worships his own opinion over everything else. Stubborn AND stupid is not something you aspire to.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
No, I didn’t buy the jersey. I’m just normal. You just sound like the cliche—needs the last word, lives to argue. Worships his own opinion over everything else. Stubborn AND stupid is not something you aspire to.

I get it now, Mr. Lilly I guess I hit a nerve.

Who knew all this time you were posting here on the Zone, well your number will be worn by a promising young player, hopefully his young career can come close to yours.

Because if this is not Mr. Lilly there is some strange #74 worshipping going on.

ESisback

Reaction score
I get it now, Mr. Lilly I guess I hit a nerve.

Who knew all this time you were posting here on the Zone, well your number will be worn by a promising young player, hopefully his young career can come close to yours.

Because if this is not Mr. Lilly there is some strange #74 worshipping going on.

I rest my case.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Armstrong has shown a lot more talent than I thought he had, but let's wait until he plays his first regular season game before we anoint him.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Calling him Mr. Lilly is not derogatory. It is actually flattering to mistake a Cowboy fan for Mr. Cowboy himself.

This is what happens when you stick your nose into grown folks convo, I suggest you read thru the thread so you can at least try to be a little bit accurate with your statements.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
This is what happens when you stick your nose into grown folks convo, I suggest you read thru the thread so you can at least try to be a little bit accurate with your statements.

I'm standing very far away and I can still tell who the fool is in this argument.