I was wrong

Sydla

Reaction score
Cooper was worth a first round pick.

I never doubted Cooper’s talent, I just didn’t like the pick. But he’s been even better than I expected.

At this point, trading what will likely be a mid to late 20s pick was worth it.

links18

Reaction score
Cooper is good. Lets hope the QB play gets more consistent. Cooper will start getting doubled. Dak is going to have to figure out how to hit Gallup in stride and maybe rediscover Allen Hurns.

Ken

Reaction score

I never doubted Cooper’s talent, I just didn’t like the pick. But he’s been even better than I expected.

I appreciate people admitting it.

I just didn't like the risk of it being top 10 if the team went south.

Now that that is out of the way.. greatest trade ever.

visionary

Reaction score

Same here
I hated the trade because I thought (and still do) that we need a QB and also thought that it would be a high pick (which it won't)

droopdog7

Reaction score
To be fair, who was completely comfortable with it given our history?
I was completely comfortable with it. A top five pick with pro bowls in his past and only 24 years old coming to a team that needed a receiver desperately while keeping him away from the iggles. I mean, what was not to like?

Don’t get me wrong, he’s exceeded expectations. But it was not at all a bad trade at the time,

tyke1doe

Reaction score

I wouldn't say I was wrong. I think we could have gotten him for lower compensation. But I'm not all that upset about it now. I thought we would be giving up a high No. 1 but we're not.
If we keep on winning, this makes giving up the pick even better. The lower we're drafting, the more I like the trade.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I called the Roy Williams trade all over again. Whoops...

Same here. I doubted both the talent and compensation. I'll admit I don't watch a lot of Oakland games, but the numbers and the brief highlights I had seen didn't do much to move the needle for me. I wasn't expecting this kind of ceiling from him at all.