1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

I was wrong

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Sydla, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

25,594 Messages
    44,213 Likes Received
    He did what wins a game.

2. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

31,244 Messages
    18,175 Likes Received
    I said we’d have to make the playoffs for it to pay off.

3. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

35,482 Messages
    28,778 Likes Received
    I was against the 1st round pick......but you just have to ask yourself....this team needed a receiver....where were they going to find one? Draft one in the 1st round?

4. Dallas_Cowboys50

Dallas_Cowboys50 Well-Known Member

1,581 Messages
    1,614 Likes Received
    I gotta eat my crow as well,I was beyond furious when we made the trade.....Glad I was oh so wrong! But Im still nervous about extending him, need to lock him and Tank both up for sure! Hopefully we focus on them two BEFORE Dak......

5. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

26,201 Messages
    14,680 Likes Received
    28-32

J12B and MichaelWinicki like this.
  6. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

13,381 Messages
    20,037 Likes Received
    I was agnostic with the trade. Taking a wait and see approach.

He has been far beyond my best expectations.

kskboys, CF74 and J12B like this.
  7. thisiscowboyscountry

thisiscowboyscountry Well-Known Member

1,375 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    I was wrong on the trade too and like it much better knowing its likely a later first round pick now. Actually feels like a good deal considering his talent level vs the receivers available next year.

8. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

14,482 Messages
    12,445 Likes Received
    Except without Cooper, it's probably a pick in the teens. And all our other picks move up too.

With Cooper: Make playoffs this year. Draft order in mid 20s. Pay him a little less than free agent money in a new contract.
    Without Cooper: Don't make playoffs. Keep 1st pick. Draft order in teens for all picks. Compete for Cooper and others in free agency.

With Cooper - Garrett gets extended. Maybe even Linehan.

Life is full of tradeoffs.

WillieBeamen likes this.
  9. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

8,409 Messages
    5,611 Likes Received
    I am too the point of thinking Dallas should have probably given up more than 1st round pick that will likely be in 20's.

10. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

6,099 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received
    Was wrong too usually one of least important things to win a Superbowl is a WR and our checkered past led me too to think it was bad. For this particular QB and OC it absolutely needed a guy like Cooper to make anything happen positively for the offense.

11. davidariust24

davidariust24 Well-Known Member

1,162 Messages
    1,045 Likes Received
    I was too. He never suffered any major injuries and you dont forget how to play football especially a non QB. Hes only 24. That guy is a steal. 800 plus yards and 7 TDs in 6 games going 5-1 he has completely changed the team. It's good times for the cowboys and the fans

MichaelWinicki likes this.
  12. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

6,842 Messages
    5,195 Likes Received
    For as mad as I was when we made this trade, I'm more than happy with the compensation given up at this point. You're entirely right -- the 23rd, let's say, pick in the draft for a guy that revolutionized our season and is a cornerstone moving forward? Yes, please.

I remember arguing about the move with a coworker the day the news came out. It was right after the Redskins game where Romo highlighted all the times Dak didn't see open receivers down the field. I said Jerry's crazy if he thinks Amari changes anything for this offense. There are open receivers, but the QB just isn't finding them.

Oops.

13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

41,989 Messages
    19,750 Likes Received
    All we need is one more win. That's doable. Or at least should be.

Diehardblues likes this.
  14. The_Play_Maker

The_Play_Maker Member

30 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    The funny thing for me is, during Cooper's draft year, a poster asked what would be the most shocking thing to happen in this draft for the Cowboys. I said we traded Dez and a draft pick for Cooper. I guess they should have listened to me back then, LoL.

15. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

11,904 Messages
    17,610 Likes Received
    That's not the only thing you've been wrong about this team, but kudos to you for owning at least one mistake.

16. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

25,594 Messages
    44,213 Likes Received
    You're a consummate pessimist and you can go the way of your Long Game thinking.

I enjoy my wins and think about what's happening right now.

Go away.

17. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

21,526 Messages
    23,853 Likes Received
    Love the kid.

I reserve my final judgment until I see us extend him.

Runwildboys likes this.
  18. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

26,802 Messages
    50,899 Likes Received
    You don't get to have your crow cooked the way you like it.....That defeats the purpose! :grin:

19. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

12,207 Messages
    6,181 Likes Received
    I am with you. I thought giving up a 1st was bad but Cooper has been good. I always liked cooper but I did not like the terms of the trade.