Twitter: I whiffed on Gifford

plasticman

Reaction score
Still going strong on my pet cat Noah Brown. One out of six isn't too bad....is it?

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
This happens a lot. A fan sees a flash play or two in the preseason or even a regular-season game and thinks the player is a stud.
The reality is the occasional flash play does not make a player valuable to a team. It's doing his job every play and mixing in the occasional flash play.
People are doing this with Trysten Hill. He was really bad his rookie year and was really bad last year, but occasionally, he would "flash," so some fans fell in love with him, but he was not good. Unless he improves dramatically this year he should not be part of an NFL DT rotation.
The same thing happened with Taco. He was bad, but occasionally he would get a "flash" play and so some fans started saying he was better than DLaw, and then they were shocked when he was cut. Well, a number of teams have cut him now even though he "flashed" with 5 sacks last year. Flash plays are way overrated.

Reactions: BAT

Zordon

Reaction score
First ballot CZ Hall of Famer joining Adrian Hamilton, David Arkin, Charles Tapper, and Danny Coale.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I thought he had a chance to be a starter but after watching him this preseason, he's a special teamer at best. Add that to his injury history and I doubt he makes the 54.

This will turn into a Jaylon thread, mine as well change the title.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This happens a lot. A fan sees a flash play or two in the preseason or even a regular-season game and thinks the player is a stud.
The reality is the occasional flash play does not make a player valuable to a team. It's doing his job every play and mixing in the occasional flash play.
People are doing this with Trysten Hill. He was really bad his rookie year and was really bad last year, but occasionally, he would "flash," so some fans fell in love with him, but he was not good. Unless he improves dramatically this year he should not be part of an NFL DT rotation.
The same thing happened with Taco. He was bad, but occasionally he would get a "flash" play and so some fans started saying he was better than DLaw, and then they were shocked when he was cut. Well, a number of teams have cut him now even though he "flashed" with 5 sacks last year. Flash plays are way overrated.
So never happened to you huh? Difference is that I’m man enough to admit I was wrong and you preach from your high horse as if you’ve never been wrong about a player.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I mean Wentz is a former MVP favorite and Super Bowl Champion. Gifford is a roster filling bum you could find in NFL Europe if it was still around.

Possible starter?

Ouch, bro.
Wentz has been injured most of his career, didn’t play in the Super Bowl, got benched and sent to another team where he’s now injured yet again. Ouch. I admitted I was wrong. You haven’t.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think you’re WAYYY off base on LVE here. Even some of his biggest critics in the media have gone on record that he’s looked great all training camp and looked good in the preseason games too. He’s finally back healthy and I think he’s gonna ball out this season
I think that they may regret not exercising that 5th year option on him.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I thought he had a chance to be a starter but after watching him this preseason, he's a special teamer at best. Add that to his injury history and I doubt he makes the 54.

You whiffed on Gifford? You are like the little league player that parents cheer when you foul tip a ball.

plymkr

Reaction score

I feel like I'm whiffing on GG. He's been my pet cat since the Steelers game, but now it seems like Rush will be #2. It happens to all of us.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wentz has been injured most of his career, didn’t play in the Super Bowl, got benched and sent to another team where he’s now injured yet again. Ouch. I admitted I was wrong. You haven’t.

After he's done winning Super Bowls I'll admit I was wrong.

So using this same criteria I guess you can apologize for Prescott right now. Maybe admit you didn't know who the hell he even was until the Cowboys selected him and your natural fan reflex was just to smother him with kisses.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
After he's done winning Super Bowls I'll admit I was wrong.

So using this same criteria I guess you can apologize for Prescott right now. Maybe admit you didn't know who the hell he even was until the Cowboys selected him and your natural fan reflex was just to smother him with kisses.

May I remind you and @Rockport that you two are blood brothers. Give yourselves a big hug and make up.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
How did Neal play better then Parsons? Also, Jaylon and LVE might not even be trying, they both are probably thinking just stay healthy. Cox looked good but it’s the preseason

DuncanIso

Reaction score

they should keep him.

neal is UFA after this season.