I will hate it if we draft _______ in the first round!

neosapien23

Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I really like McNeil as well. I am hoping for McNeil in the first and Guilles or Lutui in the 2nd. I think Parcells will take another linebacker in the first though. I won't mind if he does that because linebackers are the backbone of the 3-4, and Dallas only has two good ones right now. I at least want the best Olineman available in the 2nd regardless if he is a tackle or guard. We need an Oline player this year. I'm crossing my fingers that Jon Scott or Lutui is available with our 2nd round pick.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
I really like McNeil as well. I am hoping for McNeil in the first and Guilles or Lutui in the 2nd. I think Parcells will take another linebacker in the first though. I won't mind if he does that because linebackers are the backbone of the 3-4, and Dallas only has two good ones right now. I at least want the best Olineman available in the 2nd regardless if he is a tackle or guard. We need an Oline player this year. I'm crossing my fingers that Jon Scott or Lutui is available with our 2nd round pick.

IF BP were to take a LB in the first, i would love it to be Manny Lawson outta NC State. Very taleneted and got lots of potential to be a playmaker in the nfl. I like him or McNeil in the first.

neosapien23

Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:
IF BP were to take a LB in the first, i would love it to be Manny Lawson outta NC State. Very taleneted and got lots of potential to be a playmaker in the nfl. I like him or McNeil in the first.

Who are you hoping for in the 2nd?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Santanio Holmes.

Would say Moss but he has shot at being taken in the top 20 or in the first round for that matter.

braw

Reaction score
Any FS.....that needs to be addressed in FA. Secondly a WR because they are not going to contribute until 2 or 3 yrs down the road and there is a low % of that to happen anyway.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As long as Dallas does not reach for a player there are pleanty of options in round 1 be it OL,LB or FS.

kartr

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Agreed, especially Jay Cutler. This guy is so over-rated, he has 1st round physical talent, but is a third round qb talent at best.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'll say safety.

I don't think we'll go after a WR, but if they do, I'd be even more ticked off at that.

The thing with safety is that typically their stock falls come draft day and they can find a good competent player that's ready to start right away in the 3rd or even the 4th round. Plus, I'd rather see them pick up a FS in free agency instead.

And even despite that, the secondary did very well last year despite having liabilities at FS. So they should focus on other positions instead, most notably O-Line and LOLB.

I'd prefer they get the best O-Lineman possible in the first round, but as long as they draft an O-Lineman in the first two rounds, I'll be happy.

I think they wind up selecting Manny Lawson in the first round and then get an OT in the second round. Then Nose Guard in round 3.

Rich.......

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
felix360 said:
if we trade down. that would piss me off

It shouldn't. Whomever it is at 18 runs a strong chance of being about the same as a player we could get in the late twenties. Picking up extra seconds and thirds would be the smart thing to do as that is where the value in the positions we need in this draft is at.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
I think they wind up selecting Manny Lawson in the first round and then get an OT in the second round. Then Nose Guard in round 3.
I would be very happy with this. Prefer Carpenter to Lawson though.