I will hate it if we draft _______ in the first round!

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Ko Simpson. The only safety that would be worth it is Micahel Huff and he won't last that long. But he would be a nice addition. But in general I don't want to add another 1st round pick to an already expensive secondary. FS is one of the lowest priorities on any defense, if we're going to go D, I'd rather we went with a LB.

For those on the "let's finish the D 1st bandwagon" (I'm not, but with the right FA signings I could be persuaded) how does this sound- trade down to 27, take either Manny Lawson or Bobby Carpenter, at 49 Donte Whitner FS, OSU and at 58 Kai Parham ILB, VA.

Duane

Reaction score
A nose tackle. IMO you can find decent 3-4 NTs in later rounds and it isn't a pressing need.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Chad Greenway! He is the most over-rated player in this draft IMO.

I watched a few Iowa games just to watch him, and see what the hype was about. I saw nothing to warrant a first round pick.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
austintodallas said:
I would be very happy with this. Prefer Carpenter to Lawson though.

I don't want Carpenter. He's not a LOLB in the 3-4, he's more of an ILB in the 3-4. Doesn't have the pass rushing ability you want in a 3-4 OLB.

Rich.....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
I don't want Carpenter. He's not a LOLB in the 3-4, he's more of an ILB in the 3-4. Doesn't have the pass rushing ability you want in a 3-4 OLB.

Rich.....

I think you are in the minority. Otherwise teams like the Steelers would not be considering him, but they are.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:

Rich.....
That's right. I want him for ILB. I think he and James would make a stout duo in the middle.

And if he can play outside also, then hey bonus.