I wish we had a regular franchise!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Without all the glitz and glamour that comes from being the Cowboys, wouldn't it be lovely to have a season that was just focused on football, where the owner, and players all bought in to one common goal?

I would first take away the training camp celebration get away trip to Oxnard, why are we having camp in an entirely different state, when we can practice in the sweltering heat of Texas, or hold practice at the Star??? As soon as the players get there, it's a fun time, etc etc big celebration as if they just won the previous seasons Superbowl. Then we have the off season where all it takes is one comment from Jerry or Stephen to get the media going. I hope one day we can reach this goal, just to focus on football, and put everything last as we're holding up the Lombardi trophy, please give your thoughts

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Without all the glitz and glamour that comes from being the Cowboys, wouldn't it be lovely to have a season that was just focused on football, where the owner, and players all bought in to one common goal?

I would first take away the training camp celebration get away trip to Oxnard, why are we having camp in an entirely different state, when we can practice in the sweltering heat of Texas, or hold practice at the Star??? As soon as the players get there, it's a fun time, etc etc big celebration as if they just won the previous seasons Superbowl. Then we have the off season where all it takes is one comment from Jerry or Stephen to get the media going. I hope one day we can reach this goal, just to focus on football, and put everything last as we're holding up the Lombardi trophy, please give your thoughts
We'll never do it as long as Jerry is here. I remember Landry didn't like all the buzz and being called America's team. The difference between then and now is Jerry lives for it.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I miss the days of training camp in Austin. That was where champions were built. But yes, there's no reason why they couldn't stay in Frisco and hold camp there. It's a far better facility than Oxnard, so I don't see the attraction other than the location.

A little tidbit, and I am certainly not defending Jerry (can't stand the man), but Dallas held their training camp in Thousand Oaks, CA from 1963 to 1989. In fact, and I wasn't aware of this until I just looked it up, Dallas has held camp outside of Texas for pretty much their entire existence.. The out of state thing isn't new.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/training-camps.htm

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The idea of getting out of the area is to get away from everything. Focus on football. But the NFLPA ruined that causing cupcake camps for all teams.

Whenever Dallas trained in Texas, the places they trained at did not last very long, for various reasons. Maybe the venues weren't as accommodating at CA.
Dallas trained in San Antonio and it worked great. Then they told the team, not last minute, but close to it. They could not let them use the Alamodome dome for practice and there was a convention that week already booked a year in advance.

CA is accommodating to make changes to keep them there.
Wichita Dallas had an olympic size pool on a college campus, they city offered to fill in for Dallas to use that red as a practice field. Not sure what happened as to why they left after that year.

Some say the heat in Texas made the teams tougher. But was it that, or was it Jimmy, and the style of TC's that were allowed back then. Hitting about every practice.
Jimmy said ... you play like you practice ... and it showed.

Staubacher

Reaction score
If it weren't for loyalties to good friends with whom we follow the Cowboys together, I'd be done with this franchise as it currently sits.
I can't stand Jerry Jones and his dunce son. I loathe the culture he has created which poisons every player who joins the team. The lack of discipline, preparation, fortitude is sickening.

It's a clown show, a circus.

morat1959

Reaction score
If it weren't for loyalties to good friends with whom we follow the Cowboys together, I'd be done with this franchise as it currently sits.
I can't stand Jerry Jones and his dunce son. I loathe the culture he has created which poisons every player who joins the team. The lack of discipline, preparation, fortitude is sickening.

It's a clown show, a circus.
I raised my 4 children as Cowboys fans. If not for them, I’d have been gone on Dak’s first extension. The next one he gets is the deal breaker for me. Finding a franchise QB is the ONLY way we have a shot at overcoming this dysfunctional circus.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I raised my 4 children as Cowboys fans. If not for them, I’d have been gone on Dak’s first extension. The next one he gets is the deal breaker for me. Finding a franchise QB is the ONLY way we have a shot at overcoming this dysfunctional circus.
Blaming Dak for the Cowboys problems. :facepalm: :rolleyes: Just go cheer for Houston. Good young quarterback with a good future.

Vanilla2

Reaction score

Must suck to be a skid fan

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I want a pony.

Mannix

Reaction score
I honestly don't care about this organization anymore...they are dead to me.....what a joke we are in comparison.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I miss the days of training camp in Austin. That was where champions were built. But yes, there's no reason why they couldn't stay in Frisco and hold camp there. It's a far better facility than Oxnard, so I don't see the attraction other than the location.

A little tidbit, and I am certainly not defending Jerry (can't stand the man), but Dallas held their training camp in Thousand Oaks, CA from 1963 to 1989. In fact, and I wasn't aware of this until I just looked it up, Dallas has held camp outside of Texas for pretty much their entire existence.. The out of state thing isn't new.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/training-camps.htm
the weather was cooler there and no rain. also away from dallas media.
Of course back then media was small and not a problem. Hardly any talk of nfl in off season.

Now there are 1000 channels, some dedicated to year round nfl stuff.
And then now the social meda outlets that everyone loves.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

you mean we wish we had a regular owner. he has managed to make us one of the two worst franchises in NFL over the past 30 years. Detroit now having been to NFCCG has done better than us. only other team is Washington. and its because if there was any owner worse than Jones, it was Snyder.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
We are sports entertainment and Jerry is our Vince McMahon

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its so weird....watching all the other teams. Maybe i have some cognitive dissonance ir debilitating mental state...i cant rule that out!:laugh:....but watching even just playoffs let alone super bowl....we just dont look right.

Maybe we need micah to date taylor?

And no....not looking for another team. Im a glutton for punishment.