I Would Trade up in Round 1 to Get Rolando McClain of Alabama

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3100354 said:
Butler only started playing on the strong side after Williams got hurt.

Do you think he knows it as well as Spencer?

The staff had been touting Austion for 2-3 years.

You don't think they saw something in him to keep a UDFA around that long.

How been giving some credit for unearthing stars from nowhere.

Ok...you just drafted McClain or Spikes.....show me your depth chart at ILB?

Talk to me about the NYG's?

Didn't they have to completely retool at WR due to Toomer (Age) and Plax (issues)?

Probaby made sense to draft heavy at the position.

Eagles have sucked at WR for a decade with TO being the exception.

Probaby made sense to draft heavy at the position.

When you score homeruns off the street as UDFA's you don't have to use high picks.

I know UDFA's aren't very sexy to Madden fans, but the are kinda helpful when you hit one out of the park.

And would someone please define what a young player is?

The last 3 or 4 years the gaints have drafted Sinorice Moss Steve Smith Mario Manningham and Hakeem Nicks. Even with Steve Smith being a reliable target and Hixon breaking out when Plax first got into his troubles. The staff is high on him for 2-3 years but he barely saw any play time and he still didn't see any play time until RW got hurt if RW didn't get hurt he'd s till be the #3. He's roster status is only improving by process of elimanation it's easy to get a job when you're competing against Pratick Crayton Sam Hurd and Issiah Stanback. He didn't unseat anyone from their position RW is still in the same position he was at before he get hurt. This Madden thing is a joke since I don't even play the game so you're way off basis with that shot. Even if the eagles was bad at WR they drafted desean jackson in the second round he had a 1000 yard receiving year his rookie season then they turned around and drafted Maclin in the 1st round. Cowboys haven't drafted anyone to compete at the position. They parted ways with Glenn to see what they young guys could bring them then parted ways with Owens to see what the young guys could bring them.There's no reason why we have passed on talent WR that has be coming in the draft to see what our young guys can do because A they weren't producing at a level to suggest that we are content. 2 If our young guys don't produce when their time is there then we are screwed and have to scramble since we haven't brought anyone in that could succeed at the position. Hope isn't a strategy.

As for the iLB position I'd Start Spikes or McClain at SILB and Williams at WILB.

The Realist

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3100477 said:
The last 3 or 4 years the gaints have drafted Sinorice Moss Steve Smith Mario Manningham and Hakeem Nicks. Even with Steve Smith being a reliable target and Hixon breaking out when Plax first got into his troubles. The staff is high on him for 2-3 years but he barely saw any play time and he still didn't see any play time until RW got hurt if RW didn't get hurt he'd s till be the #3. He's roster status is only improving by process of elimanation it's easy to get a job when you're competing against Pratick Crayton Sam Hurd and Issiah Stanback. He didn't unseat anyone from their position RW is still in the same position he was at before he get hurt. This Madden thing is a joke since I don't even play the game so you're way off basis with that shot. Even if the eagles was bad at WR they drafted desean jackson in the second round he had a 1000 yard receiving year his rookie season then they turned around and drafted Maclin in the 1st round. Cowboys haven't drafted anyone to compete at the position. They parted ways with Glenn to see what they young guys could bring them then parted ways with Owens to see what the young guys could bring them.There's no reason why we have passed on talent WR that has be coming in the draft to see what our young guys can do because A they weren't producing at a level to suggest that we are content. 2 If our young guys don't produce when their time is there then we are screwed and have to scramble since we haven't brought anyone in that could succeed at the position. Hope isn't a strategy.

As for the iLB position I'd Start Spikes or McClain at SILB and Williams at WILB.

Ok, I'm not sure, but I think you answered your own question like 4 times.

We kept passing on WR position because we liked the young guys there (Austin/Hurd).

And Jerry Jones has said this umpteen times.

People like you have been screaming WR for 5+ years.

Who cares how Austin ended up getting on the field.

It's fricking working.....quit whining.

The part about what if they don't produce?

Miles Austin just said score board........

Not sure what that means.

ILB depth chart..........

Brilliant........Now Bradie, Brookings and Barbie gone.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3100306 said:
If Saban's 3-4 was a 1 GAP 3-4 then it would give him a leg up. If it's a 2 gap 3-4 which I suspect it is then I don't see it giving him a leg up. There's a big difference between Terrance Cody and Lawrence Marsh. No I have never he ard of this guy and where is he projecting round 2 at?

You seem to give McClain more excuses than a lil bit. His off the field fight isn't his fault because he didn't provoke it? Or because he was called a racial slur?
How about both. 2 guys versus 1, they provoke the fight using racial slurs and he wins so he gets arrested. I don't blame any man for that. It isn't excuses at all.

The idea that Terence Cody is a negative on McClain is simply crazy.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3100698 said:
How about both. 2 guys versus 1, they provoke the fight using racial slurs and he wins so he gets arrested. I don't blame any man for that. It isn't excuses at all.

The idea that Terence Cody is a negative on McClain is simply crazy.

Cody isn't a negative however it doesn't hurt for him to have an All-American DT especially in a 3-4. That's all.

Ok, I'm not sure, but I think you answered your own question like 4 times.

We kept passing on WR position because we liked the young guys there (Austin/Hurd). What production from the young guys where we getting for us not to draft anyone.

And Jerry Jones has said this umpteen times.

People like you have been screaming WR for 5+ years.

Who cares how Austin ended up getting on the field.

It's fricking working.....quit whining.

The part about what if they don't produce? Austin is producing Hurd not so much Crayton not so much. We didn't know Austin would go on a tear for 3 weeks still need a #1. We still don't have a consistent #1 WR. But whatever

Miles Austin just said score board........

Not sure what that means.

ILB depth chart..........

Brilliant........Now Bradie, Brookings and Barbie gone.The only one worth keeping out of that group is brookings.

The Realist

Reaction score
Coaches see these guys every day in practice.

They can form an opinion w/o seeing them in games.

Do you understand that or is that too difficult for you to grasp?

When did coaches see it from Romo in regular season games before he took the starting job from Bledsoe?

They didn't, but it he did it in practice and pre-season.

We heard it for 2-3 years on Hurd/Austin.

We heard it in camp on Ogletree and from Jerry 4-5 weeks ago....

Then he comes in games and does it.

Your depth chart at ILB is comical......McClain or Spikes + Brooking and JW.

The Realist

Reaction score
Oh, and we're not getting any production from Crayton.

Where would we be w/o those two PR's for TD's and his game winning TD grab I don't know what........3 days ago vs DC?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3100927 said:
Coaches see these guys every day in practice.

They can form an opinion w/o seeing them in games.

Do you understand that or is that too difficult for you to grasp?

When did coaches see it from Romo in regular season games before he took the starting job from Bledsoe?

They didn't, but it he did it in practice and pre-season.

We heard it for 2-3 years on Hurd/Austin.

We heard it in camp on Ogletree and from Jerry 4-5 weeks ago....

Then he comes in games and does it.

Your depth chart at ILB is comical......McClain or Spikes + Brooking and JW.

For a realist you're drinking an awfully a lot of kool aid. The coaches also saw brad johnson every day in practice and kept him on the roster. Let's not forget the great Corey proctor that's still on the roster. Carp same thing. McClain/Spike + Brooking and Jwill > James + Brookings and Carp tru fax. LoL man you're funny. Bottom line a lot of the guys on our roster wouldn't cut it on another team we cuddle young players and we feel as though our roster is at a point where A young players don't need to contribute or B young players won't come in and contribute right away. A lot of the players we have wouldn't cut it on another teams roster and that's the truth.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3100928 said:
Oh, and we're not getting any production from Crayton.

Where would we be w/o those two PR's for TD's and his game winning TD grab I don't know what........3 days ago vs DC?

If Crayton value is from punt returns they we're definitely not getting our moneys worth. That last second TD that wasn't a product of Crayton as more of it Romo. Romo said him self he didn't even knew who he threw it too just saw an opening man. Oh yeah can't forget that amazing catch Crayton made on 3rd and 17 against the giants in the playoffs oh wait he dropped it.

When I say production I mean 1000+ yards. Not fluke PS or a TD here and there. Like I already pointed out to you desean jackson had 1000 yard season his rookie year. They still went and drafted Maclin in the first round the next year. Cowboys he wouldn't of gotten the time or opportunity or he would of gotten into the ring of honor after his rookie season. Either way the we manage young players draft players and our draft philosophy leaves you wanting wandering and perplexed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3100856 said:
Scouts Inc's (Todd McShay) Top 32
Rolando McClain 9th
Brandon Spikes 29th
That's going to break my heart.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3101024 said:
That's going to break my heart.

Not mine. I love how people pick and choose when to consider ESPN a viable source of information. I'm not sure how you feel about ESPN but I'm just stating it in general.

The Realist

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3101006 said:
If Crayton value is from punt returns they we're definitely not getting our moneys worth. That last second TD that wasn't a product of Crayton as more of it Romo. Romo said him self he didn't even knew who he threw it too just saw an opening man. Oh yeah can't forget that amazing catch Crayton made on 3rd and 17 against the giants in the playoffs oh wait he dropped it.

When I say production I mean 1000+ yards. Not fluke PS or a TD here and there. Like I already pointed out to you desean jackson had 1000 yard season his rookie year. They still went and drafted Maclin in the first round the next year. Cowboys he wouldn't of gotten the time or opportunity or he would of gotten into the ring of honor after his rookie season. Either way the we manage young players draft players and our draft philosophy leaves you wanting wandering and perplexed.

You contradict yourself just a little.

Wasn't a product of Crayton, yet Romo said he saw an opening man?

Who was that man getting open?