I wouldn't mind trading down.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
A month ago I thought that trading down was a dumb idea. Well now that there's been some prospects moving up into the 2nd and 3rd round range, I dont think it's such a bad idea.

There are several prospects in the 2nd and 3rd round with not much drop off.

If all our guys are off the board, why reach? Trade back to the 40th pick and still get Ducasse at RT while picking up an extra 3rd.

Use that extra 3rd(early 3rd) to pick up a guy like Gilyard.

Vlad Ducasse
Nate Allen
Mardy Gilyard
JD Walton

Tell me you wouldn't take that.

rkell87

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3263597 said:
A month ago I thought that trading down was a dumb idea. Well now that there's been some prospects moving up into the 2nd and 3rd round range, I dont think it's such a bad idea.

If all our guys are off the board, why reach? Trade back to the 40th pick and still get Ducasse at RT while picking up an extra 3rd.

Vlad Ducasse
Nate Allen
Mardy Gilyard
JD Walton

i like it

EDIT
i really want veldheer though in whichever way possible. upside is unreal

The Realist

Reaction score
Welcome to my world.

You are a couple months late.

FYI we gave up 36, 89, and 159 to move up to 26 to get Spencer.

We should get more than a 3 to drop down that far.

Maybe it's just me, but if a draft is deep there should be more value 2-4.

ghst187

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3263597 said:

Vlad Ducasse
Nate Allen
Mardy Gilyard
JD Walton

i do love that draft, esp if we get more picks for moving down, like regaining a 5th round pick. Right now i have to say that its looking a lot like the 27th pick will put us out of running for immediate impact players like Thomas, Dez, and A. Davis. Guys like Ducasse and Pouncey and Gilyard are good and would be great picks for us but will likely be gone by the 27th pick in rd 2 but are major reaches at 27 in the first, which leaves us caught in between. So either we move up for someone we really want who slips a bit in the first like Anthony Davis, Dez, or earl thomas orrrrrrrrr we move down and take players on the next tier like Ducasse, Gilyard, and Pouncey. Problem with moving up is that we'd likely only end up with two players from the first three rounds and we really need a T. Big drop off in my opinion after Okung, Davis, Bulaga...We also need a G or C and it probably needs to be someone in round 3 or earlier. The only wildcard is a current Cowboy or two becoming trade bait like MBIII, Bennett, and/or Carp (can we still trade Coakley?).
So I'll be happy with moving up for someone specific like those guys otherwise we need to move down IMO.

RS12

Reaction score
You should look to add picks in round 2 and 3, not necessarily trade down. Trade picks from 2011 watered down draft.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
RS12;3263787 said:
You should look to add picks in round 2 and 3, not necessarily trade down. Trade picks from 2011 watered down draft.

2011 picks hold absolutly no value since there wont be football in 2011. The Pats are idiots. Pretty sure Al Davis just owned Billicheck.

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3263833 said:
2011 picks hold absolutly no value since there wont be football in 2011. The Pats are idiots. Pretty sure Al Davis just owned Billicheck.

thats not for sure yet, be optimistic lol :mad:

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Ill trade half this draft for Anthony Davis.

Would you trade 1/2 the JAGs of last year for Michael Oher?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The best chance we have to trade down is if someone wants a QB. I think only 2 QBs go in round 1, and I'm not sure either of them should.

Behind us are the Chargers, Jets, Vikings, Saints, and Colts. Would the Vikings take a QB? If the Rams or Buccaneers think so, (or possibly the Jaguars if they want to move up to get Jacksonville native Tim Tebow) then the Cowboys are the team to make a trade with at 27. It is a prime spot.

If the price is right I would love a trade down.

I think Iupati is the #1 goal of the Scouting squad. If they think they can get him at the top of 2 and add a pick I think they almost have to do it. The question is, who would the Rams or Buccaneers want if Bradford and Clausen are gone?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hostile;3263851 said:
The best chance we have to trade down is if someone wants a QB. I think only 2 QBs go in round 1, and I'm not sure either of them should.

Behind us are the Chargers, Jets, Vikings, Saints, and Colts. Would the Vikings take a QB? If the Rams or Buccaneers think so, (or possibly the Jaguars if they want to move up to get Jacksonville native Tim Tebow) then the Cowboys are the team to make a trade with at 27. It is a prime spot.

I think Iupati is the #1 goal of the Scouting squad. If they think they can get him at the top of 2 and add a pick I think they almost have to do it. The question is, who would the Rams or Buccaneers want if Bradford and Clausen are gone?

Bucs took Josh Freeman number 1 last year, scratch them.

Always look out for new regimes like the Bills at #41. But the best bet would be Jax getting back into round 1.

If we did that Id hope wed sort of work rounds 2-4. Trading back up w/ later picks.

* Jax doesnt have a 2nd rounder. We could get the rest of their draft plus a #1 in 2011, but does Jerry sit out that long again? Doubt it.

But how about Jax trading down to #27 from 10-12(Depending on coin flip)? Makes a lot of sense for both sides. They get Tebow plus an extra pick or two, we get?......

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3263838 said:
Ill trade half this draft for Anthony Davis.

Would you trade 1/2 the JAGs of last year for Michael Oher?

We also didn't have a first or second round pick. So yes, I'd trade half the guys we took in rds 3-7 for Michael Oher.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Hostile;3263851 said:

Agree. I've had the Boys trading back with the Raiders from day one. I think they'll be looking QB again, and a guy like McCoy might be sitting there for them. The very first draft I did months ago had a trade back with Dallas taking Iupati and Javier Arenas in the second. That still hasn't changed.

reddyuta

Reaction score
trade down sounds good in theory

brandon williams,stephen hodge and brewster are coming back and its highly unlikely that they will be cut.we can also better at backup NT,and o-line.we also have some borderline players on our team like gordon,octavien and curtis johnson.We can trade down and still pick BPA.