I'd still like to see them bring in a vet TB

Hardline

Reaction score
This offense isn't doing squat without a solid running game. We need to get the best available RB we can get.
Call the Titans about Derrick Henry and see if there can be a deal done.

ghst187

Reaction score
If Henry is available via trade per rumor, I’d be burning up the phones. Adding him would leave few doubts about this offense

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If Henry is available via trade per rumor, I’d be burning up the phones. Adding him would leave few doubts about this offense
That would cost too much $$$.

With Tony making 10 million, there’s not a lot of room for another back making $$$.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RB is the biggest concern for me as to the roster right now. Even over the OL.

I am not 100% sold on Pollard being a lead RB. As we don't know the real intentions for RB in MM's 30% different playbook and play calling.

I have no idea about Jones, need to see how he looks.
I am not sold on Davis either getting a bigger load, but it would be interesting to see. As I did like what little we seen from him.
I think with a better o-line...we'd be okay with just about any average RB...young old whatever.

By "better"...i just mean more consistent line-up. And yes...make some holes. Zeke having to bash his way through and Tony "showcasing his speed to the outside"....just doesn't cut it. For anyone. Let alone youngster or washed up old timer.

Dak being more of a run threat would also help. Throw a couple SAFE option plays, or a green light to take some open field. Make it 2nd and 5 once in awhile.

And no...I don;t want Dak hurt again....just a few well designed and timely plays would help keep D honest.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Getting an idea is just a starting point. Is it anything close to the answer or the last word? Of course not.
We already have an idea of what we have at RB based on game tape from these players. We’re not going to have any idea whether they can get the job done until the games start and they’re put in a position to have to make plays. We’ll have to find out if any of them can pick up a third and one or fourth and one in a critical situation. Or if they can punch the ball in the endzone from a yard or two out. If we struggle in those areas during the season the Cowboys may end up having to bring another back in or trade for one.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd like nothing better than to see Leupke develop into the RB who's able to allow our pass blocking to improve noticeably. ;)

glimmerman

Reaction score
If the reports are true, Pollard should be fine. But after that, I can't really trust Malik Davis and a late round rookie. Ronald Jones? Ehhhhh.

They probably won't do anything but I still think another vet would make sense. I wonder if they are sitting there waiting to see how long a guy like Fournette or Hunt sits out there and then if in July/August sweep in with a one year deal.
Elliot will be back. They mentioned RB doing more pass protection this season.

visionary

Reaction score
If the reports are true, Pollard should be fine. But after that, I can't really trust Malik Davis and a late round rookie. Ronald Jones? Ehhhhh.

They probably won't do anything but I still think another vet would make sense. I wonder if they are sitting there waiting to see how long a guy like Fournette or Hunt sits out there and then if in July/August sweep in with a one year deal.
We are planning to be a run heavy team with one RB coming off major injury and a gadget player

We are treating the RB position like we treated the WR position last year

This FO is a group of morons but that is just restating the obvious

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Fournette might be gassed. 3.5 yards a carry last year. He has been effective in the passing game though. Id be very interested in Hunt if he isnt still looking to be a #1. I think that was his caveat. He will get more work with Pollard than with Chubb though, so it could be a nice fit.

I think a camp trade is most likely though. Im guessing they see what they have first. A scap for scrap trade to being in a HB might actually net us a good player considering the devaluation of the position

kskboys

Reaction score

Desperately need a Tween the Tackles pounder.

This reeks of the time we thought Uwear thief or McFadden was the answer.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Zeke, like Fournette has lost the quickness needed to succeed in the nfl today
One is no different than the other and both are too slow to the whole
If that were the deal, what would be the point? The team needs new blood.

If Zeke wants to play that FB role, maybe. But Luepke has that for now. He's likely better.

Maybe Zeke decides he'd be willing to play FB. I can maybe see that. As far as anything outside of goalline, nah.

Zeke has all those TDs because he got the opportunities. It's time to let some other players develop IMO.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Only vets I would gamble on is Derrick Henry or Kareem Hunt. The others are Ivory Spring washed up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that were the deal, what would be the point? The team needs new blood.

If Zeke wants to play that FB role, maybe. But Luepke has that for now. He's likely better.

Maybe Zeke decides he'd be willing to play FB. I can maybe see that. As far as anything outside of goalline, nah.

Zeke has all those TDs because he got the opportunities. It's time to let some other players develop IMO.
ISn't that what zeke has been doing for several years now?

It's what zeke haters been complaining about anyway.