I'd still like to see them bring in a vet TB

817Gill

Reaction score
None of the vet FA RB’s have anything more than what Zeke had.

RB is a seamless position. You go into camp and see what you have. If you still believe there’s a need there then just keep an eye out for cuts and grab someone who’s had some experience.

It’s genuinely hard to have a good OL and a bad running game. As long as our line is up to par I’m not worried about RB2, whomever it is will find some daylight.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I think you are twisting the narrative a little here. Those young fresh legs need to show they can do the job and THEN they are indeed the best option IMO. Right now we have a guy who played at an All Pro level last year who is coming off a major injury and a bunch of questions marks and all of this on a team that has openly professed to want to "run the ball". Everyone wants those question marks to work out of course, but shame on any NFL team who just assumes a 6th round rookie is going to definitely be good enough to bet your season on it. That doesn't mean the only two options are Fournette and Hunt, but they are potential options to throw into the mix and most players who are available had a poor year the year before or they wouldn't be available. I just struggle with the annual idea that all of our draft picks are going to be great. We have in one thread someone listing our 6th round rookie CB as a possible starter. We have Deuce and Overshown and Schoonmaker all as impact players for us all over this board. Last year it was Tolbert. Sometimes it takes time with rookies and that is fine. But you can't build a roster assuming these late picks are going to produce year 1.
I totally agree. It's a "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't" type situation because if the rookies play lights out during training camp and pre-season and they don't get injured (and you go and get a vet), Then what? Yes we need depth but not that much depth. Same question applies if you get a vet then all of sudden injuries start happening?

rambo2

Reaction score
If the reports are true, Pollard should be fine. But after that, I can't really trust Malik Davis and a late round rookie. Ronald Jones? Ehhhhh.

They probably won't do anything but I still think another vet would make sense. I wonder if they are sitting there waiting to see how long a guy like Fournette or Hunt sits out there and then if in July/August sweep in with a one year deal.
It would make sense after they see how training camp and the preseason plays out. They have 6 running backs right now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They did. Ronald Jones. I think he's being overlooked.
He should be overlooked he’s done virtually nothing the past two seasons. He’s a jag. I find it funny how many fans are trying to pump him up into something good and some of the same fans were crapping on Zeke last year. Jones only had one season three years ago that was comparable to the season Zeke had last year. The Cowboys are Joneses third team in six years.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The mandatory minicamp begins tomorrow. We'll get a better picture of what we have at RB during that period. There's lots of time left for change.

rambo2

Reaction score
He should be overlooked he’s done virtually nothing the past two seasons. He’s a jag. I find it funny how many fans are trying to pump him up into something good and some of the same fans were crapping on Zeke last year. Jones only had one season three years ago that was comparable to the season Zeke had last year. The Cowboys are Joneses third team in six years.
Jones could very well have fresh legs and have a bounce back season. Just because the Chiefs didn't play him doesn't mean that he can't play. We shall see, Jones is playing for his NFL life this year.

Also, Malik Davis very well could be a good player. He will be hungry as well. He will be playing to become a millionaire.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jones could very well have fresh legs and have a bounce back season. Just because the Chiefs didn't play him doesn't mean that he can't play. We shall see, Jones is playing for his NFL life this year.

Also, Malik Davis very well could be a good player. He will be hungry as well. He will be playing to become a millionaire.
He’ll be given an opportunity unless the Cowboys decide to bring back Zeke. If we struggle to pick up a yard or two to move the chains it will lead to problems.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If the reports are true, Pollard should be fine. But after that, I can't really trust Malik Davis and a late round rookie. Ronald Jones? Ehhhhh.

They probably won't do anything but I still think another vet would make sense. I wonder if they are sitting there waiting to see how long a guy like Fournette or Hunt sits out there and then if in July/August sweep in with a one year deal.
I'd be surprised but not shocked if they don't do something this obvious.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I mean you already have players the caliber of Fournette and Hunt already here in Ronald Jones.

Hunt and Fournette are just not very good. Just names at this point.
Well the GED worked out wel for youl. A fine post by you if I may venture so.
It pains me more than a Robert Hegyes movie to see our fans pine for "names" when we have not even had a decent look at our eager, young RBs.
Let us look to the future in young talent and not for "names." That is the Jerald way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It pains me more than a Robert Hegyes movie to see our fans pine for "names" when we have not even had a decent look at our eager, young RBs.
Let us look to the future in young talent and not for "names." That is the Jerald way.
Your diploma was written in stone.

Techsass

Reaction score
Gave you a LIKE for the next to the last sentence.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The mandatory minicamp begins tomorrow. We'll get a better picture of what we have at RB during that period. There's lots of time left for change.
You’re not going to get an idea during mini camp. You’ll get an idea when the games start.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
You’re not going to get an idea during mini camp. You’ll get an idea when the games start.
Getting an idea is just a starting point. Is it anything close to the answer or the last word? Of course not.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We have a vet TB, RoJo.

Who is really an upgrade over him?