Idaho's Rules of the Road

gtb1943

Reaction score
I remember hurricane Sandy when it hit NJ. It wasn't even a hurricane by the time it hit. It was either a tropical storm or depression. I never seen anything like it. I can't imagine what a cat. 2 or 3 hurricane would look like. If I was just visiting, I'd be long gone before that hit.
Hurricanes are a reminder to us puny humans that the big bully on the block ain't us

rambo2

Reaction score
Then you have never lived in Newark, or San Francisco, or about 100 other places in the US.
Frankly looking at so many of your posts I would be more likely to do the exact opposite of what you have recommended.
Now, I see why you are so negative.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Idahoan here. Not sure having this kind of geography in your back yard would be considered an armpit of America.

Boise is consistently in every top 10 best list there is and is one of the fastest growing metros in the nation.

Where do you live now? Omaha? What kind of things does Nebraska have to offer? Go ahead, I'll wait..........................
My extended family had a farm up there and I would work on it some summers. Great memories. Loved every minute. Quiet, beautiful and crisp air. Extreme race issues. I had never encountered some of the attitudes and comments I did up there, but I guess when you’ve never seen anyone in your life who isn’t Caucasian, it’s a different reality.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Spent a lot of time in Idaho in the 90's doing a lot of white water kayaking. Personally, love the state for everything it has to offer.

Only reason why I wouldn't move there now is is I'm tired of snow at me age, and even in the 1990's, I could see how the migration of Californians spending huge amounts of money was going to ruin the state in my humble opinion.

Eddie

Reaction score
Rules for the Road in NYC is easier:

1) When on a one way street, stay to the right to allow oncoming traffic to pass.

2) Never, ever, stop for a pedestrian unless he flings himself under the wheels of your car.

3) The first parking space you see will be the last parking space you see. Grab it.

4) Never get in the way of a car that needs extensive body work.

5) Always look both ways when running a red light.

6) Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only warn other drivers to speed up and not let you in.

7) Making eye contact revokes your right of way.

8) Whenever possible, stop in the middle of a crosswalk to ensure inconveniencing as many pedestrians as possible. And if a pedestrian ahead of you steps into the road, speed up, honk or yell loudly and chase him back up on the curb. Pedestrians have no rights.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I'd still pick Camden being worse than Newark if we're using Jersey at the state ;)
Spent two weeks in Newark and my rental in a parking garage under the hotel was vandalized twice
Three of the liquor stores in the immediate area were robbed in that time frame
and that is just part of it

DZSierra

Reaction score
Spent two weeks in Newark and my rental in a parking garage under the hotel was vandalized twice
Three of the liquor stores in the immediate area were robbed in that time frame
and that is just part of it
I can assure you, you wouldn't spend 2 weeks let alone 2 days in Camden.

I had to look, Camden is still way ahead of Newark per crime stats (for what they're worth). Crime stats can be decieving though as to who is putting them together and why.

Take a drive through Camden and Compare it to Newark, and let me know what you think ;)

gtb1943

Reaction score
I can assure you, you wouldn't spend 2 weeks let alone 2 days in Camden.

I had to look, Camden is still way ahead of Newark per crime stats (for what they're worth). Crime stats can be decieving though as to who is putting them together and why.

Take a drive through Camden and Compare it to Newark, and let me know what you think ;)
happily retired so there is not a chance in hell that I ever go anywhere near the east coast again

DZSierra

Reaction score
happily retired so there is not a chance in hell that I ever go anywhere near the east coast again
There are a lot of places on the east cost that are great IMO. New York, WV, Maine, NC (where I now live) along with western NC and even Tenn and Kentucy. You just need to know where to look and know what kind of temps you can get.

When I mention NY, not talking about NYC or any other larger city, but up in the northern tier (to many people use "upstate" NY way to liberally IMO LOL).

My wife might retire before me, depending on the MIL and where she is at, love Utah, Colorado and even the Sierra Nevada's, but still may stay local in the states I've mentioned.

Have to go to Charlotte tonight for a meeting. Wouldn't catch me dead living there, but less than 90 minutes away I have a lot of land and no one around me, can do what I want, no one bothers me, and I can't say I hate it, rather love it.

Please note, I did not mention New Jersey LOL

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Rules for the Road in NYC is easier:

1) When on a one way street, stay to the right to allow oncoming traffic to pass.

2) Never, ever, stop for a pedestrian unless he flings himself under the wheels of your car.

3) The first parking space you see will be the last parking space you see. Grab it.

4) Never get in the way of a car that needs extensive body work.

5) Always look both ways when running a red light.

6) Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only warn other drivers to speed up and not let you in.

7) Making eye contact revokes your right of way.

8) Whenever possible, stop in the middle of a crosswalk to ensure inconveniencing as many pedestrians as possible. And if a pedestrian ahead of you steps into the road, speed up, honk or yell loudly and chase him back up on the curb. Pedestrians have no rights.
Ha ha ha ha ha, this sounds about right. For me, New York City is similar to Boston. It's a place where driving a car is basically a dysfunctional form of transportation. I guess you could call it the "wild east." If I ever visit NYC or Boston, I won't even drive. I'll use their subway system, which may not be perfect, but at least I won't have to drive there. However, I'll still be on high alert whenever I'm a pedestrian crossing the road. You're right. They come right at you. They don't care about your right of way.