Idea for games without fans

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Have a number you can call in or a dedicated app and you can cheer from home as you watch the game. Then have all the noise/cheering from all the fans watching from home aggregated and pumped out on the telecast (or even the stadium for the players to hear).

CCBoy

Reaction score
Have a number you can call in or a dedicated app and you can cheer from home as you watch the game. Then have all the noise/cheering from all the fans watching from home aggregated and pumped out on the telecast (or even the stadium for the players to hear).

Homefield advantages will become very, very hard to gain...

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

I like it.

Americans are innovators and I have no doubt that in making this work the NFL will create a new experience that will not only work but will be used later to enhance the game. I’ve seen them experimenting with camera angles and such already.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
You think they want to invest money into something for games where they will lose all ticket and concession revenue? It’s more likely they will want the networks to pony up for the lost revenue seeing that rating are sure to skyrocket for any real sports on tv. You think your idea would be free? They will want to make up the revenue. I ain’t paying to cheer into my iPad!

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You think they want to invest money into something for games where they will lose all ticket and concession revenue? It’s more likely they will want the networks to pony up for the lost revenue seeing that rating are sure to skyrocket for any real sports on tv.
That's price gouging.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I could completely care less if Fans can attend or not. If it means playing the game, let the fans watch on TV.

Do candid cheering and booing if they feel they need to.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'll do better than that. I'll do my cheering at the game from the seat I already paid for. #noemptystadiums

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
LOL, no it's not. :facepalm:
It was a joke.

The NFL gets a set percentage from the networks. The amount of that percentage increases or decreases depending on ratings. Everyone knows this and that's why I made that joke. You did laugh out loud, right?

Techsass

Reaction score
I like it.

Americans are innovators and I have no doubt that in making this work the NFL will create a new experience that will not only work but will be used later to enhance the game. I’ve seen them experimenting with camera angles and such already.
I'll be OK, as long as they don't try & use that field level angle they do for kicks on regular plays.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It was a joke.

The NFL gets a set percentage from the networks. The amount of that percentage increases or decreases depending on ratings. Everyone knows this and that's why I made that joke. You did laugh out loud, right?
I LOL'd at you, not with you. It does not fit the definition of "price gouging", so why is saying otherwise, funny? :facepalm:

cern

Reaction score
The fans, cheering or jeering, are an integral part of the game. I just can't see any virtual reality games being successful.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I LOL'd at you, not with you. It does not fit the definition of "price gouging", so why is saying otherwise, funny? :facepalm:
Because there are warnings being issued about price gouging due to Covid-19. And people laughing at me and with me are the same thing to me. So cheers....
:thumbup:

Bizwah

Reaction score
I think the networks would be more apt to just put in noise themselves.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s a lot of effort for some cheering
No, wait! Give the idea a chance! This has all sorts of great applications.

We can call in to cheer for the hero in a movie. Or call in to cheer for a contestant in a game show. Or call into America's got talent and have decisions on who stays or goes be based on who gets the loudest call in cheers.

Or …. they could just plug in canned cheering.