Ideas on how to run the ball

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Moore was Linehans boy. And Linehan was like JG and would abandon a run game. MM is all about stats and things so why don’t he see when we run for 100 yards we win.. run it 30 times a game..

Yeah I could see it last year when we were routinely down 3-4 scores by the middle of the third quarter.. But there has only been what one or two? games this year when we've been down that much.. Really only Denver. Every other game has been 1-2 score deficits at worst. The minute we go down by even one score the running game disappears from our playbook. It's hard for me to watch at times.. I like Dak but asking him to win games by himself with no balance and little blocking is just stupid. We need to be balanced or we may as well not show up against good teams. Yeah we can clobber chumps with one hand tied behind our backs.. but aint no chumps gonna be in the playoffs.. Well the Eagles will.. but only for one week.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I see a bigger problem if Moore is gone and that’s Douglas Keith Nussmeier getting the job.

You think Nussmeier is even more pass happy? Wasn't he the OC or at least an assistant during the Urban Meyer/Tebow years at Florida. Seemed like he was more than willing to run the ball in that time. Am I remembering that wrong?

Aven8

Reaction score
Someone needs to ask these things on the Fan when they talk to Jerry, Mike, or Stephen. One of the DJ’s. Or Todd Archer. That’s the only way to get this changed quickly.

GMO415

Reaction score
Watch film from any other 31 teams. There you have it. Hell, watch some high school football games while you're at it. Perhaps the NFL is too complicated for Boy Wonder.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Watch film from any other 31 teams. There you have it. Hell, watch some high school football games while you're at it. Perhaps the NFL is too complicated for Boy Wonder.
I agree. These coaches need to watch more Texas High School football. There is always some sharp coach coming up with a way to beat a Defense. There is always a sharp coach figuring out how to shut down an offense.

Plenty of ways to skin that cat, if you are willing to take the time, and do a proper evaluation of what you have, and what they have.

buddieluver

Reaction score
Yeah I could see it last year when we were routinely down 3-4 scores by the middle of the third quarter.. But there has only been what one or two? games this year when we've been down that much.. Really only Denver. Every other game has been 1-2 score deficits at worst. The minute we go down by even one score the running game disappears from our playbook. It's hard for me to watch at times.. I like Dak but asking him to win games by himself with no balance and little blocking is just stupid. We need to be balanced or we may as well not show up against good teams. Yeah we can clobber chumps with one hand tied behind our backs.. but aint no chumps gonna be in the playoffs.. Well the Eagles will.. but only for one week.

I was going by how bad he was at Florida.

Gators ranked 104th in the nation in scoring offense, 144th in total offense, and 127th in red zone conversions

https://www.wruf.com/headlines/2016/12/04/doug-nussmeier-florida-offensive-coordinator-hot-seat/

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I was going by how bad he was at Florida.

Gators ranked 104th in the nation in scoring offense, 144th in total offense, and 127th in red zone conversions

https://www.wruf.com/headlines/2016/12/04/doug-nussmeier-florida-offensive-coordinator-hot-seat/

Yeah I had thought he was there in the Meyer/Tebow years but turns out he was there during the McElwain years.. which were forgettable to say the least. Hopefully Jerry won't be handing the reigns over to him. Ideally it will be McCarthy who takes over the offense after Moore leaves.. and Nussmeier stays the QB coach and maybe just gets the title of OC.