Identifying The Suckage

Creeper

Reaction score
I think a lot of the problems start with the injuries to the offensive line and the weakness at DT/LB. Time of Possession, for example, Washington had the ball for 36 minutes to the Cowboys 24. A lot of that was the Cowboys inability to run and inability to stop the run on those last two Washington scoring drives. Washington threw a lot of short passes too and accumulated 22 first downs to the Cowboys 13.

I have no doubt that if Erving and Martin did not go down on the first drive the Cowboys win the game. The WFT secondary is weak against the intermediate and long passes, but the cowboys could not run those plays because they were afraid of the pass rush. Or, at least they thought they couldn't run those plays.

I wish the Cowboys defense was as aggressive a the special teams play calling.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Personally....I think it's pretty obvious who needs to go...

Zeke
Jaylon
Anthony Brown
Conner Williams
Steele
Looney
Crawford
X. Woods
Lee
Chris Jones

But you gotta start w/ this dog crap coaching staff. Bad schemes on defense. Poor special team play....bad in game decisions. You thought they learned something during the season.....but that all went out the window yesterday. You can't trust this coaching staff to do the right thing.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Philly won a sb without their starting qb, lt, and best lber
Yeah but they didnt win missing both starting tackles, center, and CB. Thats a lot of of injuries my brother. I think the only team with more injuries to key positions this year is San Fran

exciter

Reaction score
Not that it made a difference in games outcome but that pathetic block attempt by LVE made me furious it’s just an example of what thi s team does in terms of effort

it seems like they take turns giving crappy efforts. He should have been benched for the game
If he had done anything more he would have been called for a block in the back, I kept wanting to see the flag signal as soon as he touched him!

starfan1

Reaction score
If he had done anything more he would have been called for a block in the back, I kept wanting to see the flag signal as soon as he touched him!
What’s he gonna get called for he pushed him in the side not back ? Regardless wouldn’t have mattered we didn’t score anyway

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Welcome to Jerry World.

Where up is down and the GM wouldn't get an interview with another team.
Wrong.

Jerry keeps Dallas as the most profitable team and identifiable brand in sports.

Every owner would love the profit margin this team generates.

Honestly, if he needed work, probably every single other team would want to see if he could recreate the Dallas Cowboys marketing miracle.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This loss wasn't one or a handful of things. It was a long list of things that have occurred. Some of it can be fixed moving forward. Some most likely will not and this will be what our season will look like. If anyone had anything more than fandom hope with regard to us winning the division and having any success in the postseason, you're just not being realistic in my opinion. Respectfully.

• Injuries - Holy hell, they're everywhere and plentiful. We're pulling players from the practice squad. Not because they're getting a promotion, but because we have no other options. We have no depth except at WR. That's the only position we are stocked up in. Think about that.
  • We have no O line. There may be some talent there, but there's no cohesiveness or continuity. There can't be, it literally changes week to week. It started it's spiral when Frederick retired and the injuries piled on. It can't get much worse. This literally effects everything offensively. They can't run the ball. There's rarely enough time to throw deep and utilize our WRs. And our QB isn't mobile enough to overcome good pass rushes.
  • You cannot win a game running the ball 15 times collectively. Elliott had 10 carries. Even when he did get momentum, we stopped running. No excuse. Elliott had a couple solid runs, and one called back, so why stop?
  • Turnovers. Shouldn't need explaining.
  • Dalton isn't a good enough playmaker as a QB. He's just not. Great for a game or a few drives if needed, but he's not at this point in his career and certainly not good enough to overcome this O line.
  • Time of possession isn't good. The defense gets gassed from 3 and outs and turnovers and are right back on the field because opposing teams are controlling the clock.
  • Game planning and play calling. I don't consider this as big an issue as some, but it's one of them. You gamble out of necessity and to catch the opposing team off guard, but you have be well prepared and rehearsed. My next point ties into this. We were in the game for a while. It was close. Then we got completely man-handled. They should have kept things simpler fundamentally.
  • The team was not prepared. I hate Thursday games in general, but this was another short week. It was even shorter because of missing a day of practice. To pull off some of the plays that they attempted requires more time. That's on the staff.
  • The vast majority of the roster cannot routinely execute. The roster just isn't talented enough. Again, we have practice squad guys asked to step up. You could literally see the confusion on their faces. Who was it, Burton the DB? Lost. To me, that's the biggest factor of all.
All of these things played a role. There's more, but I wanted to hit on these points as I thought about during the game. The coaching had their hand in it, but I can't think of many coaches who could win a game with this mess. And that comes to my last factor and the most important in my humble opinion.
  • The GM and player acquisition. Jones failed in free agency. We got rid of many players that we signed. That also wasted money. And here's the thing, we were UNDER THE CAP! Maybe Jones wanted to save cap money for a certain future extension, but regardless, we could have brought in much needed play makers at FS, LB, CB, OL, on and on.
I don't see it getting better, I will never be in favor of tanking, but even if this franchise claws and fights, we most likely will not have to even attempt it.

could've just stopped at first two points..no way this team was winning with their 3rd Oline and Dak being hurt..we could put up fight and win few games well it was over before it started..

the coaching decsions yesterday were awful but Injuries, thats the story of 2021 for sure

there no next man up with over 17 major injuries..so may starters at key positions just done for the year or came back and done again..we cant even keep our #2s we are at #3s..

Last edited:
Reactions: G2

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This loss wasn't one or a handful of things. It was a long list of things that have occurred. Some of it can be fixed moving forward. Some most likely will not and this will be what our season will look like. If anyone had anything more than fandom hope with regard to us winning the division and having any success in the postseason, you're just not being realistic in my opinion. Respectfully.

• Injuries - Holy hell, they're everywhere and plentiful. We're pulling players from the practice squad. Not because they're getting a promotion, but because we have no other options. We have no depth except at WR. That's the only position we are stocked up in. Think about that.
  • We have no O line. There may be some talent there, but there's no cohesiveness or continuity. There can't be, it literally changes week to week. It started it's spiral when Frederick retired and the injuries piled on. It can't get much worse. This literally effects everything offensively. They can't run the ball. There's rarely enough time to throw deep and utilize our WRs. And our QB isn't mobile enough to overcome good pass rushes.
  • You cannot win a game running the ball 15 times collectively. Elliott had 10 carries. Even when he did get momentum, we stopped running. No excuse. Elliott had a couple solid runs, and one called back, so why stop?
  • Turnovers. Shouldn't need explaining.
  • Dalton isn't a good enough playmaker as a QB. He's just not. Great for a game or a few drives if needed, but he's not at this point in his career and certainly not good enough to overcome this O line.
  • Time of possession isn't good. The defense gets gassed from 3 and outs and turnovers and are right back on the field because opposing teams are controlling the clock.
  • Game planning and play calling. I don't consider this as big an issue as some, but it's one of them. You gamble out of necessity and to catch the opposing team off guard, but you have be well prepared and rehearsed. My next point ties into this. We were in the game for a while. It was close. Then we got completely man-handled. They should have kept things simpler fundamentally.
  • The team was not prepared. I hate Thursday games in general, but this was another short week. It was even shorter because of missing a day of practice. To pull off some of the plays that they attempted requires more time. That's on the staff.
  • The vast majority of the roster cannot routinely execute. The roster just isn't talented enough. Again, we have practice squad guys asked to step up. You could literally see the confusion on their faces. Who was it, Burton the DB? Lost. To me, that's the biggest factor of all.
All of these things played a role. There's more, but I wanted to hit on these points as I thought about during the game. The coaching had their hand in it, but I can't think of many coaches who could win a game with this mess. And that comes to my last factor and the most important in my humble opinion.
  • The GM and player acquisition. Jones failed in free agency. We got rid of many players that we signed. That also wasted money. And here's the thing, we were UNDER THE CAP! Maybe Jones wanted to save cap money for a certain future extension, but regardless, we could have brought in much needed play makers at FS, LB, CB, OL, on and on.
I don't see it getting better, I will never be in favor of tanking, but even if this franchise claws and fights, we most likely will not have to even attempt it.
Great post. Can’t disagree with anything. With all the injuries, the team is really bad right now. But I’ll still root for the wins.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
could've just stopped at fort two points..no way this team was winning with their 3rd Oline and Dak being hurt..we could out up fight and win few games well it was over before it started..

the coaching decsions yesterday were awful but Injuries, thats the story of 2021 for sure

there no next man up with over 17 major injuries..so may starters at key positions just done for the year or came back and done again..we cant even keep our #2s we are at #3s..
It's truly epic how many injuries there are.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's truly epic how many injuries there are.
not sure unbelievable can cover it..i have the football version of PTSD after last night..i can barely watch my Longhorns game and powering thought this by multitasking and distracting myself..

I might need therapy after this one..LOL

Shane612

Reaction score
Wrong.

Jerry keeps Dallas as the most profitable team and identifiable brand in sports.

Every owner would love the profit margin this team generates.

Honestly, if he needed work, probably every single other team would want to see if he could recreate the Dallas Cowboys marketing miracle.
True.
The Cow-girls problem is that this brilliant business man is also the GM; a GM who doesn't have the skill set to put together a YMCA flag football team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The suckage will prevail as long as any team has an owner/GM bragging about attendance with a 2-7 team during a pandemic.

The real problem isn't the fact that it is not improving. The real problem is those thinking that it will. Why, what's going to change? You've already played the son has taken over card and had to fold your hand.

What brings about change? Pain. There is no pain. The owner will not hold the GM accountable and the best thing on any of their resumes is the name Jones.

You better just hope for lucky because they're never going to be good.

Shane612

Reaction score
Dallas is 1 of 5 teams with a new coaching staff. And has the highest number of players out from injury. Cleveland is the only team above .500.
They're both healthy and have 145 1st round picks, so they should be better.
So...no.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
not sure unbelievable can cover it..i have the football version of PTSD after last night..i can barely watch my Longhorns game and powering thought this by multitasking and distracting myself..

I might need therapy after this one..LOL
Remember when Chido got his bell rung and was a little wobbly? The officials made him get checked out and in came.....Burton?
Good lord....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I was honestly hopeful that there was some punchline or that you would contribute something, anything to the discussion. But nope! Just an good old fashion and honest stupid question.

Nice execution, you're doing terrific.