Identifying The Suckage

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
True.
The Cow-girls problem is that this brilliant business man is also the GM; a GM who doesn't have the skill set to put together a YMCA flag football team.
Pretty much 100% right

but the statement people make that Jerry couldn't get a job with any other team is false. I'd argue he could get the GM job at any of the 31 other teams if he wanted it. Dallas is printing money, 24 teams lose money prior to the NFL's revenue sharing agreement.

Shane612

Reaction score
I was honestly hopeful that there was some punchline or that you would contribute something, anything to the discussion. But nope! Just an good old fashion and honest stupid question.

Nice execution, you're doing terrific.

Aren't you tired of excuses?
Did other teams have preseason?
No. They did not.
But you came up with more lame excuses for the cow-girls.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dallas is 1 of 5 teams with a new coaching staff. And has the highest number of players out from injury. Cleveland is the only team above .500.
They're both healthy and have 145 1st round picks, so they should be better.
lol 100% correct

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No. They did not.
Feel free to keep your head in the sand or other places and ignore factual events that led to this pathetic season. Or, do everyone a solid and just ignore it and delete your account. Discussion forums aren't your thing.

Shane612

Reaction score
Feel free to keep your head in the sand or other places and ignore factual events that led to this pathetic season. Or, do everyone a solid and just ignore it and delete your account. Discussion forums aren't your thing.
:lmao2:

Oh yeh..?
My dad can beat up your dad....
Take that....
:lmao:

Why so serious?
:muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No. They did not.
So you think it's a lame excuse that the lack of a preseason hurts a team with a new coaching staff and multiple key injuries more than other teams?

Shane612

Reaction score
So you think it's a lame excuse that the lack of a preseason hurts a team with a new coaching staff and multiple key injuries more that other teams?
Cry me a river.....
What's their excuse for the last 27 years?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cry me a river.....
What's their excuse for the last 27 years?
Your emoticons of derisive laughter don't make your comments any more sensible. When did you see me crying? I asked you a question, and you'd rather respond with something that has nothing to do with the question than answer it.

Let me ask you another question: Has McCarthy been the coach for 27 years, and have any of these players been on the team for 27 years?

Shane612

Reaction score
Shhhhh. The adults are talking.
Talking about the cow-girls are for adults?
Please, you think this will solve all of world's problems.
Put your rubber doll away, and get out of you mother basement.

Shane612

Reaction score
Your emoticons of derisive laughter don't make your comments any more sensible. When did you see me crying? I asked you a question, and you'd rather respond with something that has nothing to do with the question than answer it.

Let me ask you another question: Has McCarthy been the coach for 27 years, and have any of these players been on the team for 27 years?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Talking about the cow-girls are for adults?
Please, you think this will solve all of world's problems.
Put your rubber doll away, and get out of you mother basement.
Slow down and take a breath. You can't even complete sentences. It's no longer witty in the least when you're not making any sense. If I gave you a penny for your thoughts, I'd get change back.

Shane612

Reaction score
Slow down and take a breath. You can't even complete sentences. It's no longer witty in the least when you're not making any sense. If I gave you a penny for your thoughts, I'd get change back.
Oh, please enlighten me with your superior football wisdom.

You can always google for your response, and impress us all.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
This loss wasn't one or a handful of things. It was a long list of things that have occurred. Some of it can be fixed moving forward. Some most likely will not and this will be what our season will look like. If anyone had anything more than fandom hope with regard to us winning the division and having any success in the postseason, you're just not being realistic in my opinion. Respectfully.

• Injuries - Holy hell, they're everywhere and plentiful. We're pulling players from the practice squad. Not because they're getting a promotion, but because we have no other options. We have no depth except at WR. That's the only position we are stocked up in. Think about that.
  • We have no O line. There may be some talent there, but there's no cohesiveness or continuity. There can't be, it literally changes week to week. It started it's spiral when Frederick retired and the injuries piled on. It can't get much worse. This literally effects everything offensively. They can't run the ball. There's rarely enough time to throw deep and utilize our WRs. And our QB isn't mobile enough to overcome good pass rushes.
  • You cannot win a game running the ball 15 times collectively. Elliott had 10 carries. Even when he did get momentum, we stopped running. No excuse. Elliott had a couple solid runs, and one called back, so why stop?
  • Turnovers. Shouldn't need explaining.
  • Dalton isn't a good enough playmaker as a QB. He's just not. Great for a game or a few drives if needed, but he's not at this point in his career and certainly not good enough to overcome this O line.
  • Time of possession isn't good. The defense gets gassed from 3 and outs and turnovers and are right back on the field because opposing teams are controlling the clock.
  • Game planning and play calling. I don't consider this as big an issue as some, but it's one of them. You gamble out of necessity and to catch the opposing team off guard, but you have be well prepared and rehearsed. My next point ties into this. We were in the game for a while. It was close. Then we got completely man-handled. They should have kept things simpler fundamentally.
  • The team was not prepared. I hate Thursday games in general, but this was another short week. It was even shorter because of missing a day of practice. To pull off some of the plays that they attempted requires more time. That's on the staff.
  • The vast majority of the roster cannot routinely execute. The roster just isn't talented enough. Again, we have practice squad guys asked to step up. You could literally see the confusion on their faces. Who was it, Burton the DB? Lost. To me, that's the biggest factor of all.
All of these things played a role. There's more, but I wanted to hit on these points as I thought about during the game. The coaching had their hand in it, but I can't think of many coaches who could win a game with this mess. And that comes to my last factor and the most important in my humble opinion.
  • The GM and player acquisition. Jones failed in free agency. We got rid of many players that we signed. That also wasted money. And here's the thing, we were UNDER THE CAP! Maybe Jones wanted to save cap money for a certain future extension, but regardless, we could have brought in much needed play makers at FS, LB, CB, OL, on and on.
I don't see it getting better, I will never be in favor of tanking, but even if this franchise claws and fights, we most likely will not have to even attempt it.
I'm so sorry that we lost Markus Paul our strength and conditioning coach, but that seems to be a MAJOR issue this year. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY can stay healthy this year, why is this??????? FAT F@#$%^ MM brought in his own coach to work with our players and they look worst this year than they have in past years. Hell, Zack Martin can't even plant his dam feet without hurting himself. This tells me that this man is not healthy enough to play on Sundays. This whole dam staff needs to be cut loose with younger, hungrier coaches brought in.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm so sorry that we lost Markus Paul our strength and conditioning coach, but that seems to be a MAJOR issue this year. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY can stay healthy this year, why is this??????? FAT F@#$%^ MM brought in his own coach to work with our players and they look worst this year than they have in past years. Hell, Zack Martin can't even plant his dam feet without hurting himself. This tells me that this man is not healthy enough to play on Sundays. This whole dam staff needs to be cut loose with younger, hungrier coaches brought in.
Martin, along with a few others have been playing with injuries. It happens often. Try some decaf.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Martin, along with a few others have been playing with injuries. It happens often. Try some decaf.
Sorry not buying it. Players are dropping like flies on this team and I think it has a lot to do with the LACK of strength and conditioning. The f@#$%^Skins looked SUPERIOR to this team on Thursday. We beat this team senseless and it's only going to get worse..................

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This loss wasn't one or a handful of things. It was a long list of things that have occurred. Some of it can be fixed moving forward. Some most likely will not and this will be what our season will look like. If anyone had anything more than fandom hope with regard to us winning the division and having any success in the postseason, you're just not being realistic in my opinion. Respectfully.

• Injuries - Holy hell, they're everywhere and plentiful. We're pulling players from the practice squad. Not because they're getting a promotion, but because we have no other options. We have no depth except at WR. That's the only position we are stocked up in. Think about that.
  • We have no O line. There may be some talent there, but there's no cohesiveness or continuity. There can't be, it literally changes week to week. It started it's spiral when Frederick retired and the injuries piled on. It can't get much worse. This literally effects everything offensively. They can't run the ball. There's rarely enough time to throw deep and utilize our WRs. And our QB isn't mobile enough to overcome good pass rushes.
  • You cannot win a game running the ball 15 times collectively. Elliott had 10 carries. Even when he did get momentum, we stopped running. No excuse. Elliott had a couple solid runs, and one called back, so why stop?
  • Turnovers. Shouldn't need explaining.
  • Dalton isn't a good enough playmaker as a QB. He's just not. Great for a game or a few drives if needed, but he's not at this point in his career and certainly not good enough to overcome this O line.
  • Time of possession isn't good. The defense gets gassed from 3 and outs and turnovers and are right back on the field because opposing teams are controlling the clock.
  • Game planning and play calling. I don't consider this as big an issue as some, but it's one of them. You gamble out of necessity and to catch the opposing team off guard, but you have be well prepared and rehearsed. My next point ties into this. We were in the game for a while. It was close. Then we got completely man-handled. They should have kept things simpler fundamentally.
  • The team was not prepared. I hate Thursday games in general, but this was another short week. It was even shorter because of missing a day of practice. To pull off some of the plays that they attempted requires more time. That's on the staff.
  • The vast majority of the roster cannot routinely execute. The roster just isn't talented enough. Again, we have practice squad guys asked to step up. You could literally see the confusion on their faces. Who was it, Burton the DB? Lost. To me, that's the biggest factor of all.
All of these things played a role. There's more, but I wanted to hit on these points as I thought about during the game. The coaching had their hand in it, but I can't think of many coaches who could win a game with this mess. And that comes to my last factor and the most important in my humble opinion.
  • The GM and player acquisition. Jones failed in free agency. We got rid of many players that we signed. That also wasted money. And here's the thing, we were UNDER THE CAP! Maybe Jones wanted to save cap money for a certain future extension, but regardless, we could have brought in much needed play makers at FS, LB, CB, OL, on and on.
I don't see it getting better, I will never be in favor of tanking, but even if this franchise claws and fights, we most likely will not have to even attempt it.
Good teams us a marathon approach.

The Pats didn't every year but they won more often than everyone else.

Some years, usually due to injuries they just were not contenders to win a Super Bowl.

Belichick moved on to the next season with incremental changes.

The Cowboys just need to get through this season then focus on the draft and pray that they have a full training camp and preseason.