If 5 QB's go, we will have a great prospect fall

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I have been listening to the talk radio shows in New York, Philadelphia, San Diego and Minnesota. The only team that might take a cornerback is Philadelphia but they seem to want to take a receiver. The Eagles are a wild card so you never know. If Surtain/Horne make to 10 it’s a good chance one might make it to 15.
Maybe, but I wouldn’t chance it if I really wanted one of them.

The other day I heard someone say (in the media) that they thought Philly was looking to get one of the two corners at 12 and then wanted Elijah Moore in the second round. How he knew that I don’t know.

He could be right or wrong but what I’m saying is that if one of Horn/Surtain was taken before 10, I would not trade back to to 15 and expect to get the other.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

The other day I heard someone say (in the media) that they thought Philly was looking to get one of the two corners at 12 and then wanted Elijah Moore in the second round. How he knew that I don’t know.

He could be right or wrong but what I’m saying is that if one of Horn/Surtain was taken before 10, I would not trade back to to 15 and expect to get the other.
Philly, Chargers, definitely Arizona are looking at corners. Cannot trade back, unless you are ok with Newsome or Farley.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

I would take Surtain. So I am with you but if the team thinks Horne is just as good I could see the Cowboys getting cute. I maybe over confident but I think Surtain makes it to 10.

reddyuta

Reaction score
If we trade back then we have to be prepared to lose both Surtain and Horn,i am fine with this if we get a 2nd Rd pick .

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If 5 go I think that means they get Surtain. I think a better question is what if the 5th QB falls to Dallas.

You’ve got Horn, Slater or a trade down but what about drafting the 5th QB? I’m normally not a fan of having a backup QB at all but he could learn from Dak. I suppose I would rather take advantage of a trade down. This is just one of those years that scares me with no Combine.
I wonder if the 5th QB is Fields and if teams have concerns over his epilepsy. I think he is the 3rd best QB in this draft

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
True

Only a couple of "experts" had Lamb dropping past the 10-12 range. Kiper had him 13, for example. He was all alone in his own tier at 17,

Unlike this year, where Chase has separated some from the other top WRs, last year there were 3 WRs that were all grouped together. Most thought one of them might be there when Dallas picked, but the thought was it'd be Ruggs.

The only thing almost certain this year is that 3 QBs will go before us.
Could be 3, 4 or 5....but for sure 3.
Chase is also pretty much a certainty.
After that, we'll see.
And a few people have Jefferson in that tier with Lamb, Ruggs and Juedy. I can't recall who it was, but someone notable even said he was the best WR prospect in the draft

Questfor6

Reaction score
The key to the whole draft will be Mac Jones going #3. If he goes at #3 then Trey Lance is a lock at #4 in my opinion because he can sit and develop because they probably won't be drafting that high again. I think Cinci is locked into Chase then it's who knows what from there.

btcutter

Reaction score
The best case scenario is a QB sitting there at 10. BINGO
Playing devil’s advocate. Why does a team need to trade with us? They can also trade with Gmen who’s one slot behind at 11 and maybe willing to take lower price. At that point you got two sellers which will drive down the asking price.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And a few people have Jefferson in that tier with Lamb, Ruggs and Juedy. I can't recall who it was, but someone notable even said he was the best WR prospect in the draft
Philly blew it
:lmao:
Might have been this from Bucky

Last week, Bucky Brooks of NFL.com said he spoke with a longtime NFL offensive coordinator/receivers coach, who told Brooks that Justin Jefferson out of LSU is one of the best receivers he's ever studied, and believes he could be one of the safest picks in this class.

"He's one of the best receivers that I've ever studied in 40-plus years," the unidentified coach told Brooks. "He can do it all and has no fear and can play slot or outside. ... He's a baller who is much better than he's been credited. Trust me. The kid is a baller."

Flamma

Reaction score
Let's assume 5 QB's go ahead of us, which is very possible. That leaves 5 non QB positions left in the top 10:

Chase, Pitts, Sewell, Slater, Surtain, Parsons, Horn

At least 1 will be there. If one of the Bama receivers get selected, 2 will be there from this group.

Who would be the two teams besides the obvious three that would be drafting a QB? Atlanta and Denver? I think there's a better chance that 3 QBs are drafted than 5. Teams trading up could change that.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Who would be the two teams besides the obvious three that would be drafting a QB? Atlanta and Denver? I think there's a better chance that 3 QBs are drafted than 5. Teams trading up could change that.
3 are a lock. Think 4 is most likely. Yes, teams in the top 10, but others looking to trade up. Outside of Mac Jones, cannot see any of those other 4 outside the top 10. I listed 7 non-QB's, so we still get a high level prospect to fall.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Playing devil’s advocate. Why does a team need to trade with us? They can also trade with Gmen who’s one slot behind at 11 and maybe willing to take lower price. At that point you got two sellers which will drive down the asking price.
Because there may be a few teams interested in said QB and the best way to secure said QB is to trade up to a spot that is earliest . If a team said we will just wait until 11th they would miss if another team jumped to 10

DFWJC

Reaction score
Might have been this from Bucky

Last week, Bucky Brooks of NFL.com said he spoke with a longtime NFL offensive coordinator/receivers coach, who told Brooks that Justin Jefferson out of LSU is one of the best receivers he's ever studied, and believes he could be one of the safest picks in this class.

"He's one of the best receivers that I've ever studied in 40-plus years," the unidentified coach told Brooks. "He can do it all and has no fear and can play slot or outside. ... He's a baller who is much better than he's been credited. Trust me. The kid is a baller."
Well, he was certainly the best rookie WR last year.
Guess we’ll see who has the best career, but the Vikings got a baller for sure

cnuball21

Reaction score
I get the gut feeling that the pick will be Horn. Surtain will probably be the first defender taken, and I can't see 9 offensive players in a row all going before us. Then if it comes down to Parsons vs Horn, I think Jerry still thinks he can salvage something out of all his capital in Jaylon and LVE, while we have nothing at outside CB. Jerry covets super-athletic splashy guys and Parsons and Horn both fit the bill, but positional need will win out IMO.

My gut says it will be Horn too. I think Surtain will go ahead of us and we'll take Horn. I won't be happy at all...but if I had to bet money on the pick I'd pick put it on Horn.

Hardline

Reaction score
Even if 5 QBs go in the top 9 Pitts. Sewell and Chase will still not make it to 10.
Those are the three blue chippers.
And Slater will probably be the 4th non QB off the board.
This draft isnt falling in our favor.
We may be forced to take a defensive player. And if we trade down the Eagles and Giants probably go Surtain and Horn. It would be nice if Parsons is sitting there for us.