If anyone, for the rest of the season, suggests cutting Tony Romo in the offseason

DFWJC

Reaction score
There is not a better available QB than Romo, and I just don't like "tanking" course it worked out for the Colts I guess.....

It may be another 10-15 years before another Andrew Luck type player comes along.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Romo is looking better and more normal each week. After week 1 and even week 2, this was a legitimate concern. Even Romo thought he might be done after week 1. Didn't you hear Chris Collinsworth?

That was pretty scary to hear, but Tony isn't dumb. He knows that his performance in game 1 was bad enough to make you wonder if he would ever be normal again.

Well, he's looking like Tony again and with this running game? Sweet baby Jesus, we're in for a treat.

Last edited:

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I was genuinely worried about Romo after Week 1. Sure, you expect rust and all that, but it just looked like a guy who had aged five years in one offseason. Fortunately, he's looking better and better every week, and I think we have legitimate reason now to plan for a full recovery.

Only difference is that he's returned to a team that can actually run the football.

Ren

Reaction score
The question of whether or not he could bounce back from surgery can be put to rest, but I am still worried about his ability to stay healthy, he is not getting any younger

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
The question of whether or not he could bounce back from surgery can be put to rest, but I am still worried about his ability to stay healthy, he is not getting any younger

While we're talking about this, I hate that the refs let the defense get extra shots in on Romo after he has let the ball go. The defense just shoves him slightly because they know they can get away with it if it's not too hard of a shove. All that adds up. Our OLinemen need to get in someone's face when they give that extra shove. We go as Romo goes. Protect him!

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
I dont know how anyone can say Romo isn't a great quarterback. He has never been our problem. We all know what the problems have been, so why do so many people try to pin the blame on Romo?

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Like i said previously...spencer is being given 4-5 games to "get back in football shape"...but week 1 tony was given 0 games by most.

I said before, I was giving him 4-5 games to go back to lighting it up...3-1...4 games...guess I was spot on ;)

Tony's most important thing to himself is his competitiveness. If he thought for one second, he couldnt be competitive, he would retire. His inner drive wont let him walk out there and throw lame ducks all season.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Please ban yourself.

This was an honest debate this week. You know who you are.

I see your silly little thread got moved to where it belongs, too bad you just couldn't just enjoy the win and then start the nitpicking on Victory Monday or even better, Tuesday.. Ok so first off props to Romo he played very well in the first quarter to set the tempo for a nice beat down, one of which many didn't believe would happen (See score prediction thread,) http://cowboyszone.com/threads/cowboys-vs-saints-score-predictions.300855/

Romo still struggles to make those "Deep" throws, we left 3 easy touchdowns on the turf again to 2 underthrown and one overthrown pass. Two of which were to Dez and one to Twill, it's just something we're going to have to live with. Then his incessant kill kill kill that eventually bit him in the butt and almost changed the momentum of the game with his fumbled snap, Romo is always due for at least one oh no moment. The D got their revenge and pretty much dominated for nearly 3 FULL Qtr's, that was icing on the cake (Another tidbit the naysayers are in shock about.)

All in all it was a nice win but we need to create a new scheme that Romo can excel in, one that includes our playmakers getting the ball in space more at about 20-30 yds out (Which is about his range.) We are going to need it for the teams that are much better than the Aint's, Titan's, and Rams.. San Fran was just a taste of what could happen when we face stiffer competition if we don't continue to rein Romo in and protect him from himself. Still he showed improvement and appears to be getting some of that old form we used to love so much. Pound the rock!!!!