If Barber Doesnt Play... Who Backs Up Choice

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
DallasEast;2457569 said:
Preferably drinking. No one knows where a drunk's next move will be. :)

Yes we do; he'll attemp to unload his gun before entering a nightclub and accidentally shoot himself in the foot. :laugh1:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Are we seriously not going to activate a 3rd RB going into this game? Seems like that's just begging for trouble.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2457876 said:
Are we seriously not going to activate a 3rd RB going into this game? Seems like that's just begging for trouble.

I don't think so Wade's press conference leads me to believe they don't even like Coleman.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2457894 said:
I don't think so Wade's press conference leads me to believe they don't even like Coleman.

Dallas has been using TE's in the backfield, kind of as H-backs, quite successfully since Romo's return. It's not a bad ption. I'd rahter have Witten or Bennett back there for blitz pick-up because if we get thin at RB (i.e. beyond Barber) then the Steelers will not even play the run and send the rushers against the pass. It's too much to ask of Choice to fill that role. Also, the TE's pose a bigger receiving option out of the backfield that Choice or Coleman would.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2457988 said:
Dallas has been using TE's in the backfield, kind of as H-backs, quite successfully since Romo's return. It's not a bad ption. I'd rahter have Witten or Bennett back there for blitz pick-up because if we get thin at RB (i.e. beyond Barber) then the Steelers will not even play the run and send the rushers against the pass. It's too much to ask of Choice to fill that role. Also, the TE's pose a bigger receiving option out of the backfield that Choice or Coleman would.

The two TE's would replace a FB not a running back you still need to have Choice back there....

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2457993 said:
The two TE's would replace a FB not a running back you still need to have Choice back there....

The Boys have used two TEs in the backfield before. If Barber and Choice went down you could do that or pair the FB (Deion Anderson) with one of the TEs in a 2-back set. It's the best you can do should such a dire circumstance arise.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2457993 said:

That's not how they've been running that. They have had them line up in tandem with Romo in shotgun. But they'd have to have a full wishbone with Romo under center to put a RB back there.

Section446

Reaction score
I still don't think that Barber would miss the biggest game of the year.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Ron Dayne and Shaun Alexander are anxiously waiting by the phone. I'd sign Dayne in a hurry...he punked us bad when he played for the opposing team.

MONT17

Reaction score
Backups? We dont need no stinkin backups... who knew Blazzin Saddles was Jerry inspiration as GM

EndGame

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2458684 said:
think Cricket gets a few carries?
If Barber gets dinged and then Choice gets hurt, Cricket will get a LOT of carries. I imagine he'll be decent at the dive play. If we need two yards, he'll get us two yards. If we need four yards, he'll get us two yards.

cowboys5

Benched
Reaction score
EndGame;2458788 said:
If Barber gets dinged and then Choice gets hurt, Cricket will get a LOT of carries. I imagine he'll be decent at the dive play. If we need two yards, he'll get us two yards. If we need four yards, he'll get us two yards.

lol:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
EndGame;2458788 said:

I'm hoping that our FB, Deion Andrson (aka Cricket), gets a ton of carries regardless of how much Barber plays. I really think the lead-draw to the FB will be huge in this game to force the Steeliers' pressure to focus from the edges to up-the-middle. That will then play into Romo's strength of rolling out on the run and exposing Pitt's secondary.

Yes, I said "EXPOSING Pitt's secondary" because, although Pitt has the #1 D against the pass, that's because their front 7 have taken the pressure off their secondary. If we can limit the effectiveness of their front-7 then their secondary will show its true limitations.

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2457624 said:
Man you're right, I forgot about Amendola! He will get in there in the wildcat formation and go nuts, book it!

I believe the kid he's talking about is Alonzo Coleman. He's a little light, but built like a brick house. I'm not sure how well he runs.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Maybe Dayne's hurt or out of shape. I don't know.

Going into a game with one RB able to play is unconscionable. I can't imagine our FO is that stupid. It's not as if Berger or Brown or whoever is a must-keep player.

There's got to be somebody out there who would be a better alternative than no one. They have to be convinced that MBIII will be able to play.