IF Barmore falls later first round, give up 2's & 3's to get him?

starfan1

Reaction score
What would it take to get back up there
Probably most of your picks and maybe more
Best play to me is add another second with some of the other picks and I think that’s a lot more realistic to do

not to mention Ive seen mocks with Parsons going before Surtain and hes rated higher by many. I dont know that id be upset either way but my preference is LB over CB

lk8701

Reaction score
I don’t know if you could
Maybe if you gave most every pick left
That’s too high a price
I don’t think our second and both 3rds would get you back in the 20’s

Late 20s. Like 28 or 29.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
With this draft and all the uncertainty, I give very little for trade ups. Maybe a trade up 3-6 spots in a round, but I just think after this crazy season that boards are going to be all over the place. It is a good time to have a lot of picks. Now can you hit on them?
More picks, more opportunities to hit in a decent player

eromeopolk

Reaction score
A few IF's here........IF they get CB @ 10 and/or trade down a bit and still get CB, get 2 studs on D? They have enough ammo in picks to manuever a bit for Barmore......IF of course he falls.....Thoughts?
Heck to the No. The DT out of LA Tech is just as good. Also Cox the LB from LSU is a playmaker that every team is going to look stupid for passing on him. 9 interceptions for a OLB out of college reminds me of Hollywood and Darrin Smith.

Linebacker Jabril Cox is holding his own Pro Day after missing #LSU's due to a hamstring strain. Measured 6-3, 5/8 and weighed 233. His workouts so far: 40-yard dash: 4.54(u) Vertical: 34 Broad jump: 10-3

I want Parsons. However, if Surtain is at 10, then Cox better be your 2nd round pick. Both Parsons and Cox are better than anything we have at LB now.

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is one of the reasons why i'd like to trade back to 13-15, maybe 18. I'd like to get another defensive player in the late 1st just to get that 5th year option.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
A few IF's here........IF they get CB @ 10 and/or trade down a bit and still get CB, get 2 studs on D? They have enough ammo in picks to manuever a bit for Barmore......IF of course he falls.....Thoughts?

Yah, that might be the gig. You add Surtain and Barmore and we are cooking.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

If we were awarded a 2 and 3 to move down that far, I wouldn't mind giving them up to secure Barmore or McNeil.

vicjagger

Reaction score
I'm thinking we need a run defender.
If he is there @75, I will tolerate it. Since we need a run defender. I don't see the value in choosing one who watched all his opponents runs plays from the sidelines.

Fmart322

Reaction score

I wouldn't.
There's other players available. You're better off having more picks in the draft they trading them away for a player(s) imo.

starfan1

Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Barmore a 3 tech as well. I think we’ve spent a 2nd and a 3 rd the last 2 years on that position I think it’s doubtful they use that high a pick on another

I’d rather go Wilson from Florida State he’s more of a 1 tech isn’t he ?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I feel that getting Collins or Bolton would be more impactful that getting Barmore, because there are plenty of promising DT's in this draft, despite a thread I've seen elsewhere to the contrary. Marvin Wilson is very good and demonstrated endurance with plenty of snaps beyond what Barmore had.

The talent dropoff after Parsons, Collins and Bolton is pretty steep.

Can Parsons Collins and Bolton collapse the pocket like the great ones Crawford, Woods, Hill?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
no, this year's DTs don't wow me one bit. Barmore has heck of a lot of questions....he played his last three games pretty well, but where was he before? the inconsistency is concerning. I like Marvin Wilson or Nixon better. perhaps getting one of those two and picking up Rankins as well.

Dre11

Reaction score
What would it take to get back up there
Probably most of your picks and maybe more
Best play to me is add another second with some of the other picks and I think that’s a lot more realistic to do

You may get ba,k with a 2nd and 1 of your 3rds

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It sounds good in theory but it depends on what this front office has at DT. They spent a few resources...not enough for me to not draft the position but if they are running this organization like they've been doing? I don't see a early DT pick or even trading for one for that matter. They've showed they simply don't value safety and DT.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

He was a part time player in college, I'd take Wilson or McNeil for this defense over Barmore

If Dallas Gets Horn or Surtain in the first via trade down, I'd rather move up for Moehrig..

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
My guess is Barmore will go pretty early... he's a good prospect and the only day-1 starter quality DT availble this year. Some team with a DL need is going to go now or never and snap him up early.

I'd love to spend a 2nd + 3rd to get him, because we need another DT in the worst way. But I think he's going top 20.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I feel that getting Collins or Bolton would be more impactful that getting Barmore, because there are plenty of promising DT's in this draft, despite a thread I've seen elsewhere to the contrary. Marvin Wilson is very good and demonstrated endurance with plenty of snaps beyond what Barmore had.

The talent dropoff after Parsons, Collins and Bolton is pretty steep.
Browning says “Hi”.