IF Barmore falls later first round, give up 2's & 3's to get him?

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
No. He's not someone I'd consider trading up for, there are very few players I would do that for later on in this draft, beyond a late pick to move up 10 or so spots (we have 10 picks, don't need them all). Especially not 3rd round picks which we need to hit on

Chuck 54

Reaction score
A few IF's here........IF they get CB @ 10 and/or trade down a bit and still get CB, get 2 studs on D? They have enough ammo in picks to manuever a bit for Barmore......IF of course he falls.....Thoughts?
Barmore is rated considerably lower than either of the ‘Bama tackles currently starting in Washington. A good DT....sure. A great DT....no evidence of that.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I hate to cry about spoiled milk. This is what happens when the FO does diddly squat during free agency. We are in need of all positions on defense. If we could have filled the cornerback slot with someone like Peterson we would have a lot more leeway to work with.

I would just trade down get more picks. Heck, I would think about trading some of next years picks in order for us to get more players in the 2nd and 3rd of this year's draft. That's how bad this defense really is and thats how much of a mess we really are.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole....He has BUST written all over him!
Risky pick
Super talent with a very high ceiling
Very raw and inexperienced
I’ve watched lots of videos of him and I thought he played better inside than outside
But too small to play inside in the nfl
I think the talent is worth the risk at some point but he’s gonna be way over drafted and I sure wouldn’t give multiple top 3 round picks for him

Kwyn

Reaction score
A few IF's here........IF they get CB @ 10 and/or trade down a bit and still get CB, get 2 studs on D? They have enough ammo in picks to manuever a bit for Barmore......IF of course he falls.....Thoughts?
He’s not a stud.

Worst interior d-line draft in years and years and he’s not even first round talent out when teams actually need his position.

He’s just the best out of a bunch of average to above average players at the position

But stud? Not a chance.

If we can get him at 44 I’d take him but I’m under no illusions that he’s going to be a pro bowler at any point in his career. He’s just bette than the mishmash of spares we currently have.

conner01

Reaction score
You may get ba,k with a 2nd and 1 of your 3rds
Possible at end of first
But to me the play should be package our last 3rd and maybe a later pick with a future 3rd and try to add another second
3 picks in first two rounds would be huge

conner01

Reaction score
He’s not a stud.

Worst interior d-line draft in years and years and he’s not even first round talent out when teams actually need his position.

He’s just the best out of a bunch of average to above average players at the position

But stud? Not a chance.

If we can get him at 44 I’d take him but I’m under no illusions that he’s going to be a pro bowler at any point in his career. He’s just bette than the mishmash of spares we currently have.
I tend to agree
The best of a weak bunch doesn’t impress me
At 44 I’m fine but sure not giving extra picks to trade back up to get him

Kwyn

Reaction score
I tend to agree
The best of a weak bunch doesn’t impress me
At 44 I’m fine but sure not giving extra picks to trade back up to get him
Despite what I said, I’m not even sure I take him at 44. I’d rather take a LB or Safety

Dojt get me wrong, I’d love to get a good DT, but there’s not much to choose from and of those out there, I question this guy for the reasons mentioned several times in this thread

conner01

Reaction score
Despite what I said, I’m not even sure I take him at 44. I’d rather take a LB or Safety

Dojt get me wrong, I’d love to get a good DT, but there’s not much to choose from and of those out there, I question this guy for the reasons mentioned several times in this thread
I think there is a good chance a LB or safety will be the better pick there
But he’d be a fall back if not
My plan would be adding another second which is easier and cheaper than adding a first
Hopefully before 44 because as in most drafts the second Is gonna have some good talent at LB, safety and OT
I’d trade our last 3rd, a later pick and a future 3rd and see if I could find a taker

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Id give up 44 and 75. He is a much better pass rush prospect than the guys we have drafted in the lasr couple years

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
I feel that getting Collins or Bolton would be more impactful that getting Barmore, because there are plenty of promising DT's in this draft, despite a thread I've seen elsewhere to the contrary. Marvin Wilson is very good and demonstrated endurance with plenty of snaps beyond what Barmore had.

The talent dropoff after Parsons, Collins and Bolton is pretty steep.

? It has been said to be one of the worst DT classes in years

DRella

Reaction score
This is what I have wanted from the get go.

Trade down from 10 to 13-18 range. Pickup additional 2nd round and 3rd round pick by trading our 5th rounder along with our first.

Trade back into 1st round to select Barmore.

CB and Barmore as first 2 picks would be ideal. With 3rd pick going to a LB like Jabril Cox.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
No. Just not enough on tape for me to give up picks to get him.

jnday

Reaction score
Barmore is not as good as the other DL that has come out of Bama the last few years. The desperate craving for a good DL in this draft has people overvaluing him. This defense will take more than one draft to fix. It will probably take three years of heavy investment of defensive draft picks to have an above average defense. There is no need to overvalue players this year when better players will be available in te next couple drafts.

Loso86

Reaction score
No he's not real good against the run, too much to give up imp

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
He was a part time player in college, I'd take Wilson or McNeil for this defense over Barmore

If Dallas Gets Horn or Surtain in the first via trade down, I'd rather move up for Moehrig..

Exactly, I'm fine moving up for a top safety prospect. You can still get a runstuffing dt in the 3rd, which is what the Cowboys need most. Barmore didn't even play on run downs.

Id give up 44 and 75. He is a much better pass rush prospect than the guys we have drafted in the lasr couple years

Not a fan of that. We need to get a safety with one of those picks.

Reactions: CWR