If Bennet Turns out to be a Gates type....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Witten. Mainly cause I'd take Witten over Gates. I think Witten is the better all around package.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2427698 said:
Who would you rather have him or Witten?:D

I think Witten is still the man. I love having both of them on the team and figure both will be with us over the next 3 years after that who knows what may happen.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Witten is better than Gates. Witten and Romo have a unique chemistry. This isn't even an issue.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
So this is all based upon 1 td catch?
In the words of the Jerry/Deion commercial.... I'll take both.

Simply because I'm not so sure I will trust Bennetts work ethic. You simply don't get rid of a guy like Witten. Ever!

sbark

Reaction score
Bennett strikes me as a TE with a quirky WR type mentality..........will take yrs to fully trust him........and then if / when he gets the big money.....that is when the WR goofy mentality kicks in....

but we'll see.......give him the benefit of doubt, hopefully Jason W can help "shape" the kid........

give him a Pro attitude vrs just a WR attitude......is a diff...

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
stupid question to ask... we have both - let's be happy about that

you ask this sorta crap on a message board and people start ripping either player and start taking sides when all of it is unnecessary

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Witten isnt going to be around for ever.. Nice to have Bennett backing him up.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Witten is going to retire a cowboy, I'm willing to bet a lot on that. He has shown zero desire to be anywhere else and Jerry has shown zero dire to send him anywhere else.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2427698 said:
Who would you rather have him or Witten?:D

I hope he turns out like Witten. Witten is a better blocker and still can put up Gates type numbers in the receiving game.

Frozen700

Reaction score
dmq;2427708 said:
So this is all based upon 1 td catch?
In the words of the Jerry/Deion commercial.... I'll take both.

Simply because I'm not so sure I will trust Bennetts work ethic. You simply don't get rid of a guy like Witten. Ever!

im basically asking what if....dude has potential

joseephuss

Reaction score
Witten is better all around, but Gates is pretty dynamic as a receiving option. That is why he has twice as many career TDs and averages more than a yard per catch than Witten.

I take Witten over Gates because he is already in Dallas. I would take Gates over Witten if the roles were reversed. I would not trade Witten straight up for Gates at this point. I think Witten works better for Dallas because of the chemistry he has with Romo. Chemistry goes a long way. I would also not complain too much if Dallas lost Witten and got stuck with Gates.

Both guys are great and currently the best tight ends in the game. It is hard to say that one is better than the other because they both excel at what the do and are different type players. Any team would love to have either guy. I would and am very happy with Witten.

Now this was really about Bennett. Bennett is not Gates. I think he is talented, but he probably will never be Gates. I think he will become a stronger blocker than Gates, but he will never be as good a receiver as Gates or Witten. He is an excellent compliment to Witten. The odds are that Witten will be in Dallas longer than Bennett. Witten is only 26 this season. Bennett will most likely want to pursue free agency after his rookie contract expires. Dallas can trade him before then or just let him go.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
it was a nice catch but He still doesnt block nearly as good as witten. I'll take witten now but who knows, this guy might be the future.

Frozen700

Reaction score
xWraithx;2427715 said:
stupid question to ask... we have both - let's be happy about that

you ask this sorta crap on a message board and people start ripping either player and start taking sides when all of it is unnecessary

lol was just a question...and No..if Bennett really flourishes i doubt hed still want to be a number 2....hed want a bigger contract and want to start...especially if he has people in his ear

relax im not tyrna start a controversy we all know whos better as of right now..by far

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
Witten is the best TE in the NFL, and Bennett is a rookie with potential. We have all seen potential before that never materialized, so lets not get ahead of ourselves with Bennett. He is making strides to become an effective player, but he isn't anywhere near Witten....and he may never be....

Bennett must first become a consistent good player over several years. One good game means nothing.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Disturbed;2427748 said:
Witten is the best TE in the NFL, and Bennett is a rookie with potential. We have all seen potential before that never materialized, so lets not get ahead of ourselves with Bennett. He is making strides to become an effective player, but he isn't anywhere near Witten....and he may never be....

Bennett must first become a consistent good player over several years. One good game means nothing.

The only thing we do know is that Bennett is better than Fasano.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
joseephuss;2427753 said:
The only thing we do know is that Bennett is better than Fasano.

I am not sure we even know that at this point. Fasano seems to be having a good year in Miami.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2427747 said:
if Bennett really flourishes i doubt hed still want to be a number 2....hed want a bigger contract and want to start...especially if he has people in his ear
You just decribed most players in the league.