If Bennet Turns out to be a Gates type....

joseephuss

Reaction score
Disturbed;2427756 said:
I am not sure we even know that at this point. Fasano seems to be having a good year in Miami.

He is having an ok season so far. He has 22 receptions, 305 yards and 3 TDs.

That projects out to 36 catches, 488 yards and 5 TDs. That is ok, not good. He had 11 catches and 150 yards after 3 games, so his pace has slowed quite a bit after a quick start.

Bennett is already playing better than Fasano did as either a rookie or second year player while in Dallas.

Speaking of tight ends. The Tennessee Titans added Frank Wychek to their Ring of Honor earlier this season. He was an ok tight end, but I was a little surprised he made their RoH. There are good tight ends in Cowboys history that have and will not make the Dallas RoH. Guys that were better than Wychek. I kind of like that exclusiveness of the Cowboys Ring of Honor.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2427702 said:
Witten is better than Gates. Witten and Romo have a unique chemistry. This isn't even an issue.

This isn't an issue for the simple fact that we have Bennett under a rookie 2nd rd pk deal at modest dollars for a least 3 more seasons.

I'm very excited about what Bennett is becoming.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If it came to choosing, give me Witten.

Witten is everything you could ask for in a player and he has the right attitude.

Sadly, if Bennett does become a Monster, I could see it going to his head. Wouldn't be worth it.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
When I first saw the title I was thinking well why would we want him to turn out like Gates as opposed to Witten? Jason Witten is the best TE in the league. Do people realize before JW's ribs took a beating JW was leading the league in receptions? I didn't even bring up his top notch blocking and leadership.

JW will be the best TE in the league for the next 4 years barring no critical injuries. We're watching a hall of famer in the making that is going to attack all the TE records eventually in his career. Gates is good but Witten right now and at the end of it all will be in a class of his own.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
we have both and we will have both. if Bennett turns into a gates TE we have a very good slot man. JW isn't going nowhere. he is the best and toughtest TE in the league and one of the best I have ever watched. so there is room for both.:D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Like the others said, we don't have to choose... But I'd take an all-around TE like Witten over a guy like Gates who is mainly a pass receiver.

The beauty of Bennett is that he's not that one dimensional. Despite his tall, lanky frame and his athleticism, he's a really good blocker.

joseephuss

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2427819 said:
When I first saw the title I was thinking well why would we want him to turn out like Gates as opposed to Witten? Jason Witten is the best TE in the league. Do people realize before JW's ribs took a beating JW was leading the league in receptions? I didn't even bring up his top notch blocking and leadership.

JW will be the best TE in the league for the next 4 years barring no critical injuries. We're watching a hall of famer in the making that is going to attack all the TE records eventually in his career. Gates is good but Witten right now and at the end of it all will be in a class of his own.

I think Gates will end up with the TD record for tight ends. Witten may very well end up with the receptions and yardage when their careers are over. He is two years younger than Gates.

JayMills

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2427702 said:
Witten is better than Gates. Witten and Romo have a unique chemistry. This isn't even an issue.
Honistly, Vernon Daviss is bettr than that dude, and witten is just a little bit beter than Davis. OMG he runs a 4.3! who is is going cover himself?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JayMills;2427845 said:
Honistly, Vernon Daviss is bettr than that dude, and witten is just a little bit beter than Davis. OMG he runs a 4.3! who is is going cover himself?
The only word that comes to my mind after reading that is pity.

JayMills

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2427850 said:
The only word that comes to my mind after reading that is pity.
why you talkin junk/ how can you say Davis is not bettre than that dude? bring some meet to the table pimpin

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
JayMills;2427845 said:

what? the same Davis that was sent to the showers a few games ago and doesn't Bennett have just as many TD's that Davis has.:laugh2:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
JayMills;2427856 said:
why you talkin junk/ how can you say Davis is not bettre than that dude? bring some meet to the table pimpin

You will not be here long troll.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JayMills;2427856 said:
Your poor father. His family name is tarnished.

joseephuss

Reaction score
JayMills;2427856 said:

It is easy to say that Gates and Witten are better than Vernon Davis. All you have to do is tell the truth. You can do that can't you? Give it a try. It is easy.

JayMills

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2427889 said:
Your poor father. His family name is tarnished.
thats not nicee you tyrin to play my face like that. I dint says one thing about your father pimpin. in fact, i am a father, that messed up you wuld say somethin likee that.

but anyway. who wuld you rather have? davis a super athletic TE who runs a 4.3omg, ore a te who cant even hold the ball high ant tight, lol

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
JayMills;2427927 said:
thats not nicee you tyrin to play my face like that. I dint says one thing about your father pimpin. in fact, i am a father, that messed up you wuld say somethin likee that.

but anyway. who wuld you rather have? davis a super athletic TE who runs a 4.3omg, ore a te who cant even hold the ball high ant tight, lol

english is clearly not your first language so I'll put this in a way you can understand

**** off.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah it's nice to see Bennett doing so well not only for what it gives us on the field but then it also keeps the peanut gallery on these forums, who thought Jerry and Co. were idiots for getting rid of Fasano just to upgrade from him in the draft.

You don't hear them using the "BP fleeced us" defense in regards to the Fasano trade hardly at all now days.