If Bledsoe wins a SB, where does he go in the Cowboys QB Pantheon?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
If Bledsoe wins a Super Bowl this year or next, where do you put him in the Pantheon of great Cowboys QBs?

I'm gonna assume Staubach and Aikman are still at the top. Someone will need multiple rings and probably a lifelong career on the Cowboys before replacing them, but maybe you view it differently.

Compared to Don Meredith, Danny White, Craig Morton and Quincy Carter (<-- just checking to see if you're reading :p: ) where would Bledsoe fit if he wins a Super Bowl? 3rd best ever? Or does Dandy Don go higher than him regardless?

Eddie

Reaction score
If he wins a Super Bowl, he'll be considered a great hired gun.

To be a true Cowboys QB, he needs to play in a Cowboys uniform for at least 5-6 seasons.

Anything less is just a hired gun, and NOT a real Cowboy.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Eddie said:

To be a true Cowboys QB, he needs to play in a Cowboys uniform for at least 5-6 seasons.

I agree.

For me to consider him a true Cowboys QB, he will have had to play the majority of his time with the team. It would have helped had we drafted him.

But I consider him a hired gun, similar to how I view Deion Sanders. Of course, Deion will make the Hall of Fame, but I can't quite picture him as a Cowby in the way I picture Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin. Same with Haley.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
He's a 'hired gun' (as is TO). It seems obvious to me he'll retire if we win it all.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
1. Roger Staubach
2. Troy Aikman
3. Don Meredyth
4. Danny White
5. Drew Bledsoe
6. Craig Morton
7. Quincy Carter
8. Steve Palleur

BLT

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
1. Roger Staubach
2. Troy Aikman
3. Don Meredyth
4. Danny White
5. Drew Bledsoe
6. Craig Morton
7. Quincy Carter
8. Steve Palleur

I see you have Quincy Carter as # 7 thats weird i had him after vinny testarvde and somewhere between ryan leaf, tony banks, chad hutchinson oh and of course the infamous clint stoerner.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Here's my list of starters based ONLY on their career with the Cowboys:

#1 Roger Staubach
#2 Troy Aikman
#3 Don Meredith
#4 Danny White
#5 Craig Morton
#6 Drew Bledsoe
#7 Eddie LeBaron
#8 Quincy Carter
#9 Steve Pelleur
#10 Vinny Testaverde
#11 Gary Hogeboom

If we were going with entire careers, and considering backups, Testaverde and Bledsoe would be higher and I'd also have to consider guys like Steve Beuerlein and Bernie Kosar.

DipChit

Reaction score
Kartr's computer is having problems so he called me and gave me his list to post. I dont have time to type the whole thing, but I'll list a couple:

#1 Quincy Carter

#28 Drew Bledsoe

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
also, if youre counting hired guns in your list, dont forget Bernie Kosar, he was a better QB than Quicny with both his hands tied behind his back

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NovaCowboy said:
no, no way he gets into the ring no matter
:eek:

Oh my God we agree on something!!!!!!!!!

The only possible way I can see him getting up on the ROH is we win another 3 or 4 super bowls. But no way for just one. We have far more deserving players who should belong already.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
BLT said:
I see you have Quincy Carter as # 7 thats weird i had him after vinny testarvde and somewhere between ryan leaf, tony banks, chad hutchinson oh and of course the infamous clint stoerner.
You're listing guys who never even played an entire year for us...Tony Banks??? I listed guys in the order that I think they served the Dallas Cowboys, and I'm only putting Bledsoe up that high because he had an excellent year and I expect him to play another 3-4 years.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Eddie said:

What do you mean NOT A REAL COWBOY?

He IS the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. Doesn't matter how we got him. He's playing with the star on his helmet. He's a real Cowboy. Just like the rest of the team. La'Roi Glover was a great player for us for 4 years, do you consider him a hired gun? Do they really have to be home grown to be considered a REAL Cowboy?

If Bledsoe wins a Superbowl, he won it for US and the Cowboys. He's a real Cowboy.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
If He wins SB with the COWBOYS he'll be considered a REAL Cowboy no matter how you slice it. As for what ranking amongst COWBOYs QB's, well I'm not sure but I'll have to say 3rd right behind TROy and Staubach....Meridith I'm not sold on that guy, sorry He's behind Danny White at BESt..

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyManDan said:
He's a 'hired gun' (as is TO). It seems obvious to me he'll retire if we win it all.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.....Drew is still relatively young and has a great shot at finishing among the top 3 all time in every passing record.

Also why wouldn't he want a chance to repeat if we won it all this year? Especially given the level of talent on this team.