If Bledsoe wins a SB, where does he go in the Cowboys QB Pantheon?

Sandman52

Reaction score
Sheez, we get the likes of Banks, QC, Leaf, Stoerner, etc. named before capable back-ups/starters like Beaurlein, Cunningham, Garrett, and Peete? At least someone threw out a bone for Kosar.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
MikeCowboy3189 said:
What do you mean NOT A REAL COWBOY?

He IS the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. Doesn't matter how we got him. He's playing with the star on his helmet. He's a real Cowboy. Just like the rest of the team. La'Roi Glover was a great player for us for 4 years, do you consider him a hired gun? Do they really have to be home grown to be considered a REAL Cowboy?

If Bledsoe wins a Superbowl, he won it for US and the Cowboys. He's a real Cowboy.

Bledsoe is a true gunslinger if I've ever seen one....when he wins a superbowl at least we know he will go into the hall of fame as a cowboy, even if some fans don't want to recognize him as a 'Real Cowboy'.....:bow:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasDomination said:
As for what ranking amongst COWBOYs QB's, well I'm not sure but I'll have to say 3rd right behind TROy and Staubach....Meridith I'm not sold on that guy, sorry He's behind Danny White at BESt..
Bledsoe ahead of Meredith? Oh man you must be kidding me. Did you even see one game Meredith played in?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I would put Bledsoe ahead of White and Morton at a solid #4 if he WON a Superbowl for us. Dandy Don would still be #3 behind Staubach and Aikman IMO because of the abuse he took on some very bad early teams before almost winning the Ice Bowl and getting us to the status of perennial contenders before retiring.

Cowchips

Reaction score
Well..if he gets a ring he will be the best QB that's ever played for the Cowboys. Not that all his playing time was with the Cowboys, but he will be a top 10 QB in most categories and top 3-4 in some.

His only missing element to make him top 5 of all time for NFL QB's is the ring. Once he has that, he is right behind Marino, Montana, Elway and Favre. Like it or not.

Cowchips

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
If He wins SB with the COWBOYS he'll be considered a REAL Cowboy no matter how you slice it. As for what ranking amongst COWBOYs QB's, well I'm not sure but I'll have to say 3rd right behind TROy and Staubach....Meridith I'm not sold on that guy, sorry He's behind Danny White at BESt..

In terms of NFL, if Bledsoe gets a ring he's had a better career than Staubach or Aikman. His stats are unreal and he will finish top 4 or 5 in most categories. Aikman and Staubach arent even close. I know the truth hurts but that's how it is.

I do agree however, unless he wins 2 or 3 he is not as big in Cowboys lore as Roger and Troy.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowchips said:
Well..if he gets a ring he will be the best QB that's ever played for the Cowboys.

You've mistakingly eaten a chip (or 10)...

Winning a SB or not, he'll never be a better all around QB than Aikman or Roger. And to even suggest such is shear nonsense.

All that one had to do was watch Roger or Aikman play as compared to Bledsoe. And it's not even close. The only advantage Bledsoe had over either was arm strength. Mobility, accuracy, "head", release... both Roger and Aikman had it all over Bledsoe. And neither Aikman or Roger were twice given up on as starters.

I suggest putting the "chip" down and being a little more realistic. ;)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowchips said:
In terms of NFL, if Bledsoe gets a ring he's had a better career than Staubach or Aikman. His stats are unreal and he will finish top 4 or 5 in most categories. Aikman and Staubach arent even close. I know the truth hurts but that's how it is.

I do agree however, unless he wins 2 or 3 he is not as big in Cowboys lore as Roger and Troy.

Bledsoe has "more" numbers... but they don't translate to "better" numbers. Check out their passer ratings and you'll find out why your mensa membership card isn't in the mail.

BlueWave

Reaction score
As a pure passer only, he is already probably in the top five in NFL history (pure passers, that is ability to throw the ball accurately and with very high velocity all over the field). He's a great pure passer who is immobile and sometimes holds the ball too long looking for the big play to open up. However, a ring as a starter gets him into the HOF. Check his winning percentage as a starter career wise. He's had a great career.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
i don't see how they could keep bledsoe out of "the hall" if he wins a ring as a starter. it's prolly the one obstacle standing between him and a bust enshrined in Canton.

i just know Cowboys fortunes are currently entertwined with his - and i'm pulling for drew big-time. :star:

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
BlueWave said:
As a pure passer only, he is already probably in the top five in NFL history (pure passers, that is ability to throw the ball accurately and with very high velocity all over the field). He's a great pure passer who is immobile and sometimes holds the ball too long looking for the big play to open up. However, a ring as a starter gets him into the HOF. Check his winning percentage as a starter career wise. He's had a great career.

He don't need a ring to guarantee his spot in Canton, assuming he plays for at least 2 more seasons and produces the same type of numbers he did last year, he will finish with over 50,000 career yards......no way that is going to be ignored, especially if Warren Moon got in on his first try.

He has had a great career and if Drew were to hang it up right now he would still get in, just not likely on the 1st ballot......