If Cam Newton is on the board for Dallas in the NFL draft next year...

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Would you be on board with the Cowboys taking him? No diss to Romo, but I could imagine having Cam Newton throwing to Dez for a decade or so...

Thoughts?

kmp77

Reaction score
Draft a cheat, a thief, and a rules violator??????

SURE!!!!!!!

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It would cost too much to sign him and his dad.

btcutter

Reaction score
no way. Vince Young II.

Already money hungry in high school. Imagine in the Pro and limelight of Dallas.:bang2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Draft another Vince Young? No thanks. He might have a future in the NFL but it will have to be as a passer. He's not fast enough to be another Michael Vick.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
btcutter;3729022 said:
no way. Vince Young II.

Already money hungry in high school. Imagine in the Pro and limelight of Dallas.:bang2:

You beat me to it. LOL.

SnakePliskin

Reaction score
Aside from the obvious off the field stuff. His footwork is very bad. His arm is strong but he is not consistent. Can this be fixed? Sure it can, but will he work at it??? Is he ready to make the reads in the NFL? It looks to me like the offense is, look at one WR if not open run. He might make something of himself, but it will take a lot of work, is he willing to do that? He seems like a guy that is ready, willing, and able to take the easy way out.

Lastly, do you want the Cowboys to deal with the stink of NCAA taking away his Heisman in 2 years and a possible National Championship??? Not me.

fffiasco

Reaction score
He doesnt look good to me at all.

More like Jamarcus Russel Part 2.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
kmp77;3729019 said:
Draft a cheat, a thief, and a rules violator??????

SURE!!!!!!!

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:
What did he cheat on? What did he steal? What rules did he violate?

The NCAA investigated him and cleared him. His dad is the likely culprit for all of the allegations. Whether he knew about them or not is another issue. You can't choose your family.

I remember a troubled WR out of Marshall - who JJ admitted he made a mistake in not drafting him - this admission as recent as this year (of course he's not good as he used to be, but he had a bonafide HOF career). I also remember a former pro bowler who did horrible things to dogs - look at him now.

Don't be so quick to judge.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would. That being said, I think Cam Newton is taken top 3. I don't believe the Cowboys will be drafting that early.

And people are talking about Vince Young II but there is nothing wrong with Vince Young. He wins games rather than lose them. Vince Young with a Miles Austin, Dez, Roy and Witten would be far more successful in this league than one with their pedestrian receiving core(yea Moss has been pedestrian this season).

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Texas_Pete;3729017 said:
Would you be on board with the Cowboys taking him? No diss to Romo, but I could imagine having Cam Newton throwing to Dez for a decade or so...

Thoughts?

I wouldn't even think twice. He would be a Dallas Cowboy faster than you can say cammy cam juice.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
rocyaice;3729033 said:
I would. That being said, I think Cam Newton is taken top 3. I don't believe the Cowboys will be drafting that early.

And people are talking about Vince Young II but there is nothing wrong with Vince Young. He wins games rather than lose them. Vince Young with a Miles Austin, Dez, Roy and Witten would be far more successful in this league than one with their pedestrian receiving core(yea Moss has been pedestrian this season).

Vince Young is terrible. A good college player and a terrible pro.

Let me guess....a Longhorns fan?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
fffiasco;3729029 said:
He doesnt look good to me at all.

More like Jamarcus Russel Part 2.

I can't agree with this at all.

Are you actually watching his games?

Or simply generalizing off another big African American quarterback from the SEC with a cannon arm?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3729037 said:

Or simply generalizing off another big African American quarterback from the SEC with a cannon arm?

:muttley:

reddyuta

Reaction score
newton will be a better pro than young.I dont want to draft him though,somebody is going to want him and we may be in play for a trade.

kmp77

Reaction score
Texas_Pete;3729032 said:
What did he cheat on? What did he steal? What rules did he violate?.

Florida? Laptop? "money was too good to pass up"????

Hellloooooo McFly??? you in there???

ar125832683096904.jpg

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

Bleu Star;3729038 said:

NextGenBoys;3729041 said:
lol alright, that was worded poorly. Very poorly, but you know what I meant haha.

:muttley:

rbr651

Reaction score

He's from Africa?