If Cook gets the call

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They do need to bring up Cook, and see what he can do. Can't be any worse. They do not need to release any player right away. Just make one inactive.

And can't send a player down automatically, they would need to clear waivers and then signed to the PS.

So use Cook for his 3 times to be brought up before making a decision to release a player.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams overload our OL, they use a system developed in the 70s and used through the 90s . As much as it makes me throw up in my mouth Buddy Ryan was one of the innovators of overloading this blocking system.
We can compensate by simply rolling Dak away from the pressure, we did this against Cleveland. Hopefully we'll use this extra time to install something similar, or WATT will hurt us badly.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Who’s getting sent down or released?

To me , Deuce is done. Thank you, but go try in KC or Philly or somewhere that has coaches smart enough to try something different
Cook can be activated up to 3 games without it affecting the 53 man roster. Just need to deactivate 1 player during that time. No way should the Cowboys get rid of Deuce. He's young and talented enough if used behind a good run blocking Oline and if used correctly.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Teams overload our OL, they use a system developed in the 70s and used through the 90s . As much as it makes me throw up in my mouth Buddy Ryan was one of the innovators of overloading this blocking system.
We can compensate by simply rolling Dak away from the pressure, we did this against Cleveland. Hopefully we'll use this extra time to install something similar, or WATT will hurt us badly.
The Colts beat the Steelers and shut down TJ Watt today by ligning up a TE in front of him, chipping him hard at the line of scrimmage, plus having a RB step up in the pocket and take him on after the TE chipped him at the line of scrimmage before heading downfield for a pass.

Cowboys need to study today's Steelers vs Colts game and understand how the Colts shut down TJ Watt and beat the Steelers.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Deuce is useless in this offense with this crappy scheme and OL. But Rico a d Zeke are the backs that would have to give up snaps to get Cooks on the field.

Reactions: CWR

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Give the carries to dowdle, luepke and sprinkle in cook - for zekes rep for a week or 2 if there’s anything there. He can’t possibly do worse

Smith22

Reaction score
Cook can be activated up to 3 games without it affecting the 53 man roster. Just need to deactivate 1 player during that time. No way should the Cowboys get rid of Deuce. He's young and talented enough if used behind a good run blocking Oline and if used correctly.
I'm over the Deuce experience, but I agree with the rest.

John813

Reaction score
Should have signed Henry. Full stop.

The team just couldn't afford him.
5mil cap hit was just too much to bear for Stephen Jones. You expect him to sign free agents and re-sign CDL and Dak in one offseason???

Besides, he probably washed or something too. doubt he can still break a long run.

J-man

Reaction score
Cook needs to be active the next 3 games to see if he can give us anything at RB, cuz we got nothing right now.
If not, and we're somehow able to stay relevant in the NFCE, we need to make a move for a decent RB.

Ironicalicon

Reaction score
I really wanted Deuce to show up for us but every time he gets the ball he just runs in a straight line. No moves.

Reactions: CWR

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

To me , Deuce is done. Thank you, but go try in KC or Philly or somewhere that has coaches smart enough to try something different
Easy answer is Deuce. He's essentially taking a roster spot for 1-2 carries a game with zero success.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Would be a great great fit in their offense, I hope he then bashes us for his time being used improperly

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They do need to bring up Cook, and see what he can do. Can't be any worse. They do not need to release any player right away. Just make one inactive.

And can't send a player down automatically, they would need to clear waivers and then signed to the PS.

So use Cook for his 3 times to be brought up before making a decision to release a player.

I'm sure it's not the learning curve of the offense, what's so hard about up the middle up the middle, and keep Dak safe in pass pro lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

It would take all game for Dak to do this, when they do that roll out play it's the same thing it's a TE and a WR nearby the play is covered, Dak throws the safe pass to the TE for 2 yards