If Cook gets the call

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We play PIT this week then Detroit then the bye week.

If Cook isn't called up by the SF game after the bye, he might as well be cut.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Teams overload our OL, they use a system developed in the 70s and used through the 90s . As much as it makes me throw up in my mouth Buddy Ryan was one of the innovators of overloading this blocking system.
We can compensate by simply rolling Dak away from the pressure, we did this against Cleveland. Hopefully we'll use this extra time to install something similar, or WATT will hurt us badly.
Rex was talking about this on ESPN this morning.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Colts beat the Steelers and shut down TJ Watt today by ligning up a TE in front of him, chipping him hard at the line of scrimmage, plus having a RB step up in the pocket and take him on after the TE chipped him at the line of scrimmage before heading downfield for a pass.

Cowboys need to study today's Steelers vs Colts game and understand how the Colts shut down TJ Watt and beat the Steelers.
Do you really believe this team will follow what works for other teams?
Remember Chaz Green? Garrett refused to give him help. Yes, the was long ago and we bow have all new coaches.
But still the same FO, not that they influence the game plan in that way.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They do need to bring up Cook, and see what he can do. Can't be any worse. They do not need to release any player right away. Just make one inactive.

And can't send a player down automatically, they would need to clear waivers and then signed to the PS.

So use Cook for his 3 times to be brought up before making a decision to release a player.
this

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do you really believe this team will follow what works for other teams?
Remember Chaz Green? Garrett refused to give him help. Yes, the was long ago and we bow have all new coaches.
But still the same FO, not that they influence the game plan in that way.
First of all I have the guy blocked so I can't tell what you're talking about but I can tell you this if you're talking about guyton we might wanna talk about steel but this was just one game Chaz green Chaz green is not guyton, guyton has all the skills and tools and I don't think he's playing as bad as you fools are saying he is

Titan is struggling but he's playing literally what might be one of the hardest positions to transition to to the NFL and he's had bad moments he's had some bad plays but overall I think he's playing pretty well given the circumstances...

And again if we're talking about the offensive line and then not giving him help it's kinda hard when Terrence Steele is also having problems as a matter of fact if you watch the way defenses are playing if you thought that was that bad they would literally line up over him like they did Chaz green all day best guy all day and get 6 sacks or was it 8 that's not happening the offensive line only gave up one sack last week I know it was to the giants but they have a good pass rusher if guyton was that bad he wouldn't have moved over to Terrance steel you get that right I mean it's obvious that if he was that easy to beat they would just pick on him all day and they would have destroyed the game in the first quarter...

That's what happened in the Atlanta game with Chaz green so let's not use that as some kind of example but right now the problem is we have two tackles that aren't playing great but I'm more concerned about Terence steel because he got a big contract he's now removed from the injury excuse and you can't protect both sides so the rookies being tested but in my opinion he's passing the test just because he has had a few bad pop quizzes doesn't mean he's failing the test he's learning on the fly and I think he's gonna get better every game they're gonna go through film and I think he's the type of player that's gonna learn and get better..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We play PIT this week then Detroit then the bye week.

If Cook isn't called up by the SF game after the bye, he might as well be cut.

Wondering how long it takes to grasp this offense, it can't be that hard, your boy needs to get fired!!!! Lol

jujoboys

Reaction score
Who’s getting sent down or released?

To me , Deuce is done. Thank you, but go try in KC or Philly or somewhere that has coaches smart enough to try something different
Philly has coaches smart enough to know how to use him? Kellen Moore? The same team that only run Saquon twice as they got behind 24-0 to Tampa yesterday. The coaching staff that thought it was a good idea to try to attack the Bucs with the pass to start the game when AJ Brown and Devonte Smith not playing and Lane Johnson not out there to protect Hurts. They finally scored their first 2 TDs and cut the lead to 24-14 when they realized they should be running Saquon. Of course, the boy genius reverted back to passing the ball. If the Eagles coaching staff can't figure out they need to use Saquon when they don't have AJ and Smith available then they sure aren't going to figure out how to use Deuce. Btw, the Eagles are 3-8 over their last 11 games with some real stinkers mixed in. You probably should just stuck with KC in your example..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t think it would’ve helped, until this offensive line gets more mature. We need help on the defense, not on the offense.
I don't think so either, and by the way the hindsight everyone talking up Henry first of all why didn't the Titans resign him, why didn't other teams offer him more money I think everybody was expecting Henry to finally at his age with all the mileage he was going to start falling off a Cliff...

I'll admit I was wrong the guy looks really good, I guess he's like Terrell Owens/ TO the way he keeps his body his diet his workouts but you can't blame Jerry Jones for not wanting to do this you know why cuz when you look around free agency and you look at that Huff guy why did the eagles allow Reddick who was already proven that he's pretty good pass rusher in their defense and they go out and get a free agent who's done nothing and I need to go back and look at that guy's contract but he isn't doing squat right now...​

I think all teams worry about signing older players especially running backs and Jerry was just being cautious and I don't blame him and neither was keeping Tony Pollard he's not doing anything with the Titans but I'd like to know why the Titans didn't offer him 14,000,000 to stay if they know who they have why didn't they keep him why did they pay Tony Pollard almost the same amount of money Derek Henry got with the Ravens I'm getting tired of hearing about this this is not just about Jerry Jones there are 30 other teams in this league that are not the Titans or the Cowboys that didn't go after Derrick Henry like he was in his prime I think everybody thought maybe he was gonna be washed at any time

and I've been wrong only about two players when I look around the league and some of the players that this place wanted Jerry to sign and he didn't there's only two of them that he's been wrong on from just recent history that's Bobby Wagner and Derrick Henry but you know what there's a whole lot of free agents that don't live up to their contracts and come into the new teams and don't play well..

So again I'm tired of hearing about Derrick Henry yes he would've been nice here but you're right how do we know he would've had the same advantages here that he has on an offense that has to deal with one of the best running quarterbacks or the best runners in the league which would be Lamar Jackson that's an advantage they have over there and they also have a coaching staff that knows how to design run games..

So I'll admit I was wrong about Bobby Wagner and I was wrong about Derrick Henry but there are dozens of others that we weren't wrong about like Jamal Adams Eric Berry people were screaming we should trade for Earl Thomas and even guys like Von Miller they didn't do anything. That's just off the top of my head I bet you go back and look there's a lot of free agents that go to teams that got high market overpaid values and are not excelling on their new teams or just either average or they're very disappointing so that's why Jerry's a little timid and I get it but a lot of us are wrong I was wrong I admit I was wrong about Derrick this dude is torello and he's like found the magic pill that's keeping him playing at this rate as a running back is insane.....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First of all I have the guy blocked so I can't tell what you're talking about but I can tell you this if you're talking about guyton we might wanna talk about steel but this was just one game Chaz green Chaz green is not guyton, guyton has all the skills and tools and I don't think he's playing as bad as you fools are saying he is

Titan is struggling but he's playing literally what might be one of the hardest positions to transition to to the NFL and he's had bad moments he's had some bad plays but overall I think he's playing pretty well given the circumstances...

And again if we're talking about the offensive line and then not giving him help it's kinda hard when Terrence Steele is also having problems as a matter of fact if you watch the way defenses are playing if you thought that was that bad they would literally line up over him like they did Chaz green all day best guy all day and get 6 sacks or was it 8 that's not happening the offensive line only gave up one sack last week I know it was to the giants but they have a good pass rusher if guyton was that bad he wouldn't have moved over to Terrance steel you get that right I mean it's obvious that if he was that easy to beat they would just pick on him all day and they would have destroyed the game in the first quarter...

That's what happened in the Atlanta game with Chaz green so let's not use that as some kind of example but right now the problem is we have two tackles that aren't playing great but I'm more concerned about Terence steel because he got a big contract he's now removed from the injury excuse and you can't protect both sides so the rookies being tested but in my opinion he's passing the test just because he has had a few bad pop quizzes doesn't mean he's failing the test he's learning on the fly and I think he's gonna get better every game they're gonna go through film and I think he's the type of player that's gonna learn and get better..
My post was not referring to our OL or their play. It was about giving the OL help against TJ Watt, as Indy did. Someone posted Dallas did do that in the Browns game on Garrett.

So maybe they will give help. I also was referring to the past, with different coaching staffs. That Dallas does not copy other teams successful game plans. They seem, at times, too arrogant to do it their way, even though it is not working.

Chaz Green was an example, refusing to change the scheme.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My post was not referring to our OL or their play. It was about giving the OL help against TJ Watt, as Indy did. Someone posted Dallas did do that in the Browns game on Garrett.

So maybe they will give help. I also was referring to the past, with different coaching staffs. That Dallas does not copy other teams successful game plans. They seem, at times, too arrogant to do it their way, even though it is not working.

Our system is of a great system, so great of a system we don't even need to adjust, we believe in our guys, we love our guys, we value their skills and talents, we loved Chaz so much, we let him fall flat on his face without going into the locker room or even on the sidelines and attempting to give him some help, I don't get the logic in not making adjustments

blueblood70

Reaction score

No scheme is going to fix chaz green and his backup that was just a terrible use of roster space, that still on the FPO but the coaches had nothing to work with like 2020 11 different OL combos no qb , rb fumbling 17 major injuries to payers out..at some point you wave the white flag LOL

again Guyton and steel while struggling at times, are nowhere near chaz green zip codes..he never should have made an nfl team. his BU not much better. I'm not sure how you're supposed to cover up two tackles both struggling in the same game... I get the point they should get help and ship but if there's two weak points it's really gonna be hard so we gotta hope one of them is playing better in each one of these games and you can go over and use hunter or zeke and tight ends and help this but you can't dedicate everything to it 'cause now we're talking about blaming Mike McCarthy for not trying to take the top off the defense but if you have everybody in the block how many people are going out in routes and how long do you have to get the ball down the field?

Our run game is already suspect so you're asking these coaches to cover up too many holes so they better get it figured out I do blame Mike McCarthy for a lot of our problems on offense as an offensive coordinator and I believe if he's gonna continue to do this I don't care if people don't believe in schottenheimer I believe he's gonna need to have the play calls ripped out of his hand so he can concentrate on the rest of the team and just let somebody else who may figure out how to use Turpin and cooks and Vaughn and the dudes were talking about they don't look to being utilized along with Dalvin.. We need some changes and I don't know why Mike McCartney doesn't come into the season with a wide open offense trying to save his own job he's trying to protect this defense he did this last year and then all of a sudden after the bye week it was a different offense why did he just come out that way I get it you're the healthiest you're gonna be usually going into game one when you just go ahead and tear the top off teams? I mean get creative I mean right now I don't get the logic behind a coach whose jobs on the line and the lame duck year not doing everything you possibly could to show the league you still have it show the Cowboys you deserve to stay here..

And like I said as bad as it is I would take K. Moore back right now I've seen enough of Mike McCarthy's play calling and his game plans to know I'd rather have someone that at least create some more motion and more misdirection etc.. I mean they both don't know how to devise a run game they don't believe in the run game so why not just get the guy back that at least can design more modern play calls I mean at least emotion in the misdirection we are missing all that and they didn't start doing that until after the San Francisco game last year why not coming to the games using guys that have speed like Turpin Vaughn and brandon cooks hey you're not using these guys right.. I mean they're willing to take your $34 million wide receiver and make him a running back that you can't do that with these other guys with misdirection and lots of motion double motion where's all the fool the defense make them look one way and then have everything go the other way and vice versa I don't see any of that I think some of us could probably sit there and call plays if I'm Prescott I'm getting mad and I'm gonna have to pull Tony Romo and start just absolutely changing the play not the audible the actual play call!@!!

so yes in that regard there's some problems with our coaching....

CWR

Reaction score
I really wanted Deuce to show up for us but every time he gets the ball he just runs in a straight line. No moves.
Exactly, I keep waiting to see all this wiggle and game breaking ability. It hasn't shown up yet. At some point he's just not good enough to overcome his limitations. Maybe it's his utilization, but it's not changing so that doesn't matter.

CWR

Reaction score
Our system is of a great system, so great of a system we don't even need to adjust, we believe in our guys, we love our guys, we value their skills and talents, we loved Chaz so much, we let him fall flat on his face without going into the locker room or even on the sidelines and attempting to give him some help, I don't get the logic in not making adjustments
Arrogance, laziness, a lack of creativity and overall incompetence is how i view our constant refusal to adjust.

Beaker42

Reaction score
They had a few plays that seemed to work for him, but is he just not good enough to execute them they way they wanted him to.
Or was the blocking not executed too well. Or both.

If is good enough for other coaches to use him correctly, then we need better coaches.
Jazz, we should’ve signed Henry and relegated Deuce to the PS and kept Dowdle as RB 2 - Zeke was done and should never have been brought back.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Arrogance, laziness, a lack of creativity and overall incompetence is how i view our constant refusal to adjust.
It’s none of that - it’s their hatred for the fan base. They hate every Cowboys fan and revel in it.

Reactions: CWR

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bad coaches that should be fired. And you wonder why I want bad coaches like McCarthy fired when they continuously fail.
you say you want him fired, I can see why, but you ask Jerry and he's going to reference the one thing that HASN'T gotten him fired yet 12 wins for the last 3 years. On some teams over the years, doing just that wasn't enough for certain GM's, their coaches got fired as you're saying