If Cowboy fans didn’t watch Sunday Night

pavalley

Reaction score
the nfl will never be what it once was, between the concussion issues(I coach youth fb, numbers are declining, despite girls soccer having the highest rate of concussion) the super sensitivity of our society, and the "employee" power grab, wanting to running things(cuz the owners have no balls).....take a look at nascar....it is the future of the nfl

pavalley

Reaction score
on a roll here boys ! my apologies....the product is inferior, the games are crap...I've seen more fundamentally sound fb at the high school level...welcome to the NBANFL...in the past I would stay up till oh dark 30 to watch the games...quick to bed sunday night !

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will watch the whole game just to see how Knute Rockne handles the game.

Titleist

Reaction score
I love how these threads usually go like this:

"let's boycott the NFL by refusing to watch their games, buy their products, etc...... oh, but I'm an addict and will still watch the game anyway, but everyone else should boycott!"

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score

"let's boycott the NFL by refusing to watch their games, buy their products, etc...... oh, but I'm an addict and will still watch the game anyway, but everyone else should boycott!"
I remember my addiction to the good ol days of wrestling (WWF / WWE). All of the PPV matches I begged my parents to buy for me to watch, Royal Rumble, Summer Slam, etc. I was hooked and I was gullible and naive watching every wrestling match thinking every outcome was earned through strategy, toughness, and pure will / strength. My wrestling viewing world came to a screeching halt once it was revealed to me that the outcomes of the matches were pre-determined.

The NFL has now become wrestling to me. There is simply too much empirical evidence in favor of the games (especially for marquee matchups) being pre-determined.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How long would it take for other owners to get behind Jerry in ditching Goodell?

These next few weeks are strategically set up to take advantage of the Cowboys fanbase. The NFL is counting on Cowboy marquee matchups to instantly turn their ratings around. We have 4 of our next 5 games in a primetime or holiday time slot. The NFL’s rating woes will instantly disappear as long as the Cowboy fans play their part.

What if we don’t? What if we flip on the radio instead and really give the NFL a wake up call that their management sucks.

I’m sure I’ll watch the games because I’m an addict but I have never considered boycotting Cowboy games, much less a primetime game until this week.
Doesn't matter if Cowboy fans don't watch. Everyone else will watch because they think the Eagles are gonna kill us.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I remember my addiction to the good ol days of wrestling (WWF / WWE). All of the PPV matches I begged my parents to buy for me to watch, Royal Rumble, Summer Slam, etc. I was hooked and I was gullible and naive watching every wrestling match thinking every outcome was earned through strategy, toughness, and pure will / strength. My wrestling viewing world came to a screeching halt once it was revealed to me that the outcomes of the matches were pre-determined.

The NFL has now become wrestling to me. There is simply too much empirical evidence in favor of the games (especially for marquee matchups) being pre-determined.

lol...you couldn't tell wrestling was fake combat on your own?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless they have a nielson box, it wouldn't matter.
Oh ok. So if I don't have a Nielsen box it doesn't matter in regards to ratings, whether I watch or not? Meaning mine doesn't attribute to the ratings, or lack thereof.

The conspiracy theorist in me says....with all the technology today, I am sure they are pinging most TV's to see what they are tuned too....:laugh:

Big Brother is watching and cameras are everywhere.

So instead of watching on TV, use reddit and stream it, but they can track that to if they wanted...:muttley:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Watch the games, that is not the issue. But by not buying the products, not just NFL products, but also the advertisers, do not buy anything unless a life necessity that sponsors anything NFL. That is what will get them. Those that have Nielson boxes or what ever, do not watch the games, go to a friends house or a sports bar.

Do not buy tickets on the secondary market. Let the season ticket holders keep them. There are many out of town / state owners that would have to eat the cost, and can't get to the games. Then the stadiums would not be full. Some season tickets holders, if they can't sell the tickets would eventually not continue to buy them. Even it it means the teams may sue them on not paying for their PSL's if they financed them.

there are many things that can hit them where it hurts. Watching the games are not going to make an impact unless you are in the ratings "family"

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I actually will not be watching this Sunday. I work till 8 pm anyway, so I'd miss the beginning, and when I get home I'm watching Survivor Series and The Walking Dead.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I ditched Sunday ticket, I will support the local pub if the Boys are not playing on local TV.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN! :mad:

...but I have been watching the Cowboys for 42 years and shall continue doing so until the casket drop. ;)

Wonder if Heaven gets the NFL Sunday Ticket? Silly me. That is crazy thinking. :rolleyes:

Wonder if I can get my Directv service transferred to the hot place? :p

robjay04

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if Cowboy fans don't watch. Everyone else will watch because they think the Eagles are gonna kill us.

If all Cowboy fans didn’t tune in...ratings would decrease by at least 30 percent.

My assumption of course.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I work Sunday night, and I'm glad. Don't think I'd watch if I didn't. If I wanted to watch political programs I'd tune in to CNN.....