If Cowboys beat Rams will you cheer for a playoff run?

CPanther95

Reaction score
I'm not buying anyone actually rooting against the playoffs - or who won't be getting the food spread together and putting on their lucky Cowboys tighty-whities for that 1st playoff game.

99% of that talk is just trying to lower expectations to trick their brains into not being as devastated if things don't go well. It's a mental health release valve.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
We. Do. Not. Know. That. He. Will. Get. Fired. At. All.

We are all going on what we believe, and I believe that short of a Super Bowl run Garrett is a goner.
What. Is. More. Likely. ?.

Him not getting a contract extension because we missed the playoffs or him not getting a contract extension despite winning our division?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What. Is. More. Likely. ?.

Him not getting a contract extension because we missed the playoffs or him not getting a contract extension despite winning our division?

Sure it hurts Garrett more if he loses out, but I don't think it matters either way. And besides, this still boils down to you ignoring people's personalities and personal nature - you are still treating all people as clones that can turn off their competitive spirit and go against the grain of their nature like you can, and still treating it as if you get to be the spokesperson that sets the parameters for all. You don't get to do that.

As I said, I won't get upset if they lose games because it means at least slightly better odds of going into next year with an improved situation, but it is not in my nature to cheer for losses, and you don't have the authority over my nature and personality to dictate otherwise.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Sure it hurts Garrett more if he loses out, but I don't think it matters either way. And besides, this still boils down to you ignoring people's personalities and personal nature - you are still treating all people as clones that can turn off their competitive spirit and go against the grain of their nature like you can, and still treating it as if you get to be the spokesperson that sets the parameters for all. You don't get to do that.

I said, I won't get upset if they lose games because it means at least slightly better odds of going into next year with an improved situation, but it is not in my nature to cheer for losses, and you don't have the authority over my nature and personality to dictate otherwise.
End. Of. Discussion

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Right now alot of us are hoping the team loses out since we don’t see any hope of the switch coming on that allows them to play to their talent level.

The depressing thought is, what if they ARE playing to their talent level?

johneric8

Reaction score
Look, most of us love our Dallas Cowboys like we love family! The Cowboys are no different than a family member who is a drug addict or who has other issues.

Sometimes we have to quit enabling, and allow them to hit rock bottom before there is a chance for them to get better. This is why many want the Cowboys to lose, because they have to hit rock bottom to get better.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
End. Of. Discussion
Sure it's end of discussion, because you don't get to determine or interpret my feelings to suit you. I will not be rooting for Cowboy losses, and that doesn't somehow mean I hate the Eagles more than I love the Cowboys. Your premise is false.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They should if they are fed up with the B S team they put on the field, the Cowboys have been stinking it up and dont deserve to make the playoffs.
The Eagles are no more deserving. The Cowboys just have to get in the playoffs then anything can happen. Stick in the muds like you need to shut up and stop harshing my positive vibe that they can turn it around.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Exactly. Much as I hate JG, I would rather win than lose. That's kind of the point of being a fan.

However, I don't want to have hope because this team will let us all down.
I am the type of fan that will never be the one that gives up before they are eliminated. They will just have to let me down if it's not meant to be.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now alot of us are hoping the team loses out since we don’t see any hope of the switch coming on that allows them to play to their talent level.

However let’s say they win in convincing fashion vs one of the hottest teams in the league on Sunday. Would that suck you back in to hoping for a deep run?

Now that would require the D to stand up and stop someone so it’s not likely but if the offense scored 40 which it’s capable of, maybe they could go on a run.

I have no fear of this happening.

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score

However let’s say they win in convincing fashion vs one of the hottest teams in the league on Sunday. Would that suck you back in to hoping for a deep run?

Now that would require the D to stand up and stop someone so it’s not likely but if the offense scored 40 which it’s capable of, maybe they could go on a run.
Players and coaches will tell you, there is no such thing as a switch.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I'm gonna root for the Cowboys to advance in the playoffs until they are mathematically eliminated